Trade rules discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Oct 28, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

7 - Trades & Trade Limits

Trades are a big part in any good league. Freedom to make decisions about who to trade and what value challenges coaches in different ways. We don't want to stand in the middle of making deals for your squad, but we also have to watch and defend those who may not fully understand what value to get for that pick or player.

So all trades made will be approved as long as both parties post the trade and accept it on the forums. All trades will be reviewed.

If a trade is suspect, both parties will be informed directly and a vote will be made in our board room office forum by our rules committee.

If a trade is rejected, both parties will be notified and explained why the trade is unacceptable.

If changes are made, then the trade can go through. This way, there isn't one man responsible to oversee trades and three voices are always better than one.

You may only trade draft picks during the offseason, before or during that years draft.

(See Offseason rules for Cap Hit's that go with all trades)

Trades in the OMFL will consist of ‘points’. Each player or pick counts as a point. Each player or pick that you receive counts as a point. You will be allowed 10 points per offseason or 4 trades per offseason, whichever comes first. You are allowed 6 points per trade. Ex; 3 players for 3 players or 4 players for 2 players.

Your 10 point limit resets every year, when your season is over. Ex; In the first year I use up all my trade points on player trades. My team gets knocked out of the playoffs in the Wild Card round. My point total is reset to 10 points at that point. I can now begin draft pick and\or player trading. But my point total will not reset again until after my season is over in year 2.

Draft picks can ONLY be traded during the offseason starting immediately after your season is over and ending when the player draft concludes. When trading draft picks, each pick traded away or recieved counts as 1 point toward you 10 point trade maximum.

thats what we currently have. can can we allow a lil more freedom and keep it to where its not FF?

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Here is something we just discussed in blast chat:

• 8 points for trades each season.
    • Each player/pick sent count as a point. Nothing received counts as a point.
    • Each player above an 80 overall but less than a 90 overall counts as 2 points.
    • Each player above 90 is 3 points.
    • 1st round draft picks count as 2 points.
    • Anything not listed counts as a point.
    • If picks only are traded, no points are counted off the total.
    • Trade deadline is week 6.

Discuss. :)

3. natedawg212000

love it love it love it.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If we as a group decide on this we have to roll it out quickly. Not only to help me (I'm greedy after all LOL), but also to make sure trades in place now are still LEGAL.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If this were to go through, I would have 2 points left over to trade with based on current overall of player I am trading. I have 3 picks leaving as well (one being a 1st rounder), and player I am sending is Braylon Edwards, who will not get to 90 overall, so he's worth 2.

Also, another good thing about this setup: can allow 3 for 1 type trades as long as overalls are okay (obviously don't allow 3 50 overalls for a 99, lol) and gives another point to argue for a trade if you like the trade and someone else doesn't.

My big worry is guys who have put up (and possibly promised) elite level players (90+) that may have to rework deals because we have less points out there to work with. Not a bad thing, as this trade rule as it is I really, really, really like.

Still has enough points to let you work a big change, limits big name players moving teams (which we don't want), still won't allow draft picks to move until offseason, BUT allows you a lot of flexibility to trade JUST picks (which teams do all the time) to move up/down.

I think this fits all of what we want, and is more than enough.

6. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I am a huge supporter of putting restrictions on trading higher ranked players. Personally, while I like the fact that we can be our own GMs, I hate seeing the best players in the league on different teams so often. In my last league, the Colts traded Peyton Manning - it just didn't seem right. We actually banned the trading of 90+ OVR players for season 1 just to make sure that an owner couldn't blow up a team and then leave. Not saying I want that here - just stressing how much I like making it difficult to trade the studs...

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

LOL....glad you weren't here in Madden 10. Mustang traded Peyton for Donovan McNabb. LOL

Do you think what we have here is enough of a deterrent for trading the big name players, Bada?

8. BadaBing319

I personally wouldn't mind seeing one more tier for 95+ guys. Make them worth 4 points - that's half of a team's trade allotment for a season. If they are going to move a superstar, they shouldn't have much more wiggle room

Also, on your third bullet point we should probably clarify with a set number range. I don't know if you mean players rated 80-89, 81-89, 81-90 or 80-90 haha. Maybe just a chart (too bad we don't have tables!!) which says something like this:

Trade Value Chart
    < 80 = 1 point
    80 - 89 = 2 points
    90 - 94 = 3 points
    95+ = 4 points

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That would work for me. Not that many 95+ players, but if you want to move him, you'd better pay for it.

10. natedawg212000

If we do that chart, lets allow 10 points then.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I don't mind that either if we do the 4 point breakdown. I think they both make sense.

12. BadaBing319

I think 95+ players should cost you half your allotment. So if we expand to 10, keep the chart the same, but change 95+ to 5 points. Just an extra premium put on the 15-20 elite players in the league.

13. BadaBing319

Haha, also I know I'm new to the board so if I am voicing my opinion too much, just tell me to shut up :)

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That is the point of being on the board. Voice your opinion. Especially here where we can do it without worrying about hurting feelings. :)

15. natedawg212000

exactly. This is what we want.

Lets keep 8 and go with that chart. I like it.

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

So 8 with Bada's chart, or 8 with my chart?

17. BadaBing319

Aren't they the same chart? :)

18. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well you added the 4 point part. Mine didn't. That is why I asked.

19. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

So this is the proposed changes/clearer listings:

• 8 points for trades each season.
    • Each player/pick sent counts as a point. Nothing received counts as a point.
    • Each player from 81-89 overall counts as 2 points for trading purposes.
    • Each player from 90-99 overall counts as 3 points for trading purposes.
    • 1st round draft picks count as 2 points for trading purposes.
    • All other things not listed count as a single point.
    • If ONLY picks are traded, no points are counted off the total.
    • Trade deadline is week 6.
    • Picks can only be traded during offseason.

That better?

20. BadaBing319

Looks good - I vote for 95+ rated players to be worth 4 points each, but am in agreement with everything else.

21. natedawg212000

i am with bada

22. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Keep in mind one thing: cap hits for trades. Cap hits are bonus times modifier. So trading these 95+ players will already cost a team at least 2 million dollars in cap hits (lowest modifier for a starter).

I'm not so crazy about the 4 point uppage the more I think about it.

23. natedawg212000

We need the rest of the 'rules' guys to vote on this. and the trade guys also.

24. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I'd be ok with 95-99 players costing 4. I really like the whole setup really. I'd be fine either way, honestly.

25. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

To be fair though, if everyone else leans toward the 4 point area, I won't complain. I just want a better trade system and I think this is it.