Trade Rules

Discussion in 'Team Pages' started by Dru50, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Trades must be approved by Bondzai007, JFace907 and Dru50.

Potential trades should be posted in a separate thread listing the teams involved in the thread name.

For consideration, the following must be included in the details of the trade or the committee will not approve the deal:
    • The OVR rating of each player
    • The Potential of each player
    • The contract status of each player, including any team/player options
    As mentioned in the main forum - any players acquired via trade must remain on your roster until the end of the season.

2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

So we cant cut any players that were involved in a trade? I think teams do that in real life no?

3. Dru50

We will have to talk about it, why would you be trading for a guy you intend to cut in this league?

4. Bucs

say you get a guy whom you really dont want, but he gets thrown in to make the money part of the trade work. Why should you have to keep him and let him take up a roster spot?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dru50

If the guy is on a 1 yr deal I guess that would be fine. But you in no case will be allowed to cut a player who has more than a 1 year deal since we don't know if the game will still count him against you cap.

6. Bucs

im pretty sure they do still count his contract against you, i know they did in previous versions, but ok.

7. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Gotta remember that teams don't cut these players, they buy them out. Pay them to never see them in their colors. We can't do that. So I agree it should just be limited to one year deals.