Trade Rumors swirling in Valley Ranch

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by RynoAid, Dec 16, 2012.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Unconfirmed reports this morning in Valley Ranch say that a possible deal has been struck to deal Tony Romo to another NFC team. Details are sketchy right now, but look for more information on this breaking story.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I am guessing the Vikings, because JSimms needs an ugrade at the QB position knowing they will need to score alot of points to beat the Falcons....

• Like Like x 1
  3. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

[​IMG]

Minneapolis, MN - Despite a 3-0 record, and coming off of a Super Bowl victory the Minnesota Vikings management has decided to make a move at quarterback, acquiring veteran QB Tony Romo in a trade with Dallas for LG Charlie Johnson, QB Joe Webb and a 2014 4th round pick. Management cited "lack of development" as a reason for the demotion of QB Christian Ponder, who despite leading the team to 3 victories to open up the season has played poorly (3 TD; 5 INT).

Romo, who was benched this season in favor of 1st round draft pick QB Romeo, is excited about the prospect of playing behind arguably the best o-line in the league. He doesn't have the same type of weapons in the passing game as he had in Dallas, but won't be asked to do as much with a back like Adrian Peterson to hand it off to. Viking fans are excited about the arm strength and veteran leadership that Romo brings to the table. The only question - can he win the close games that Ponder has been able to pull out over the last year and a half (including back-to-back OT wins in the NFC Championship and Super Bowl games)? If not, we may see the Romo experience be "one and done" as he is on his last year of a 7-yr contract.

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Just what you need, more firepower :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Send him to the AFC...

6. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Nevermind. Didn't see jsimms post.

7. Hokie Effect

Called it.

But horrible news for the NFC and not sure why Dallas didn't send him to the AFC!! Johnson better be a God at LG!?!?! The defending Super Bowl champs might have just locked up the repeat as that was the only missing piece to the equation and what an upgrade!! well played JSimms

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

He's playing RG.. and he's an immediate 9 point upgrade. Facts are... Tony counted 15M against the cap in this last year of his contract. With a rookie rated only 4 points less, i could not justify resigning him to a long term deal so I had to get what I could before he hit Free Agency. I also picked up a nice, young backup QB that fits the new type of system we will start running under Romeo. The 4th round pick could be a nice little player in a Cowboys youth movement.

9. Hokie Effect

I completely understand why you did it, but you can see why your fellow NFCers aren't as thrilled. But it is fun making these blockbuster trades and seeing how they pan out. Hoping the best for Romeo, but was he even the bestQB in the draft?? Henderson out of Philly is playing lights out!!

I think I made out well with my past 2 trades. Bavorro for 1st, 3rd, 7th pick. Bavarro is a Pro Bowl caliber MLB and I think those picks ended up being career bench warmers. I picked up Best at RB, already has made a huge impact and I was able to replace teh DT I traded with a higher rated one from FA.

10. DU55

DU55 Walk On

You ever trade off Michael Turner?

11. Hokie Effect

Nope. No one inquired. He is a beast though. He just doesn't have that espn highlight type of run in him, but he does keep the defense honest with his 3-5yds a carry and is leading the league in touchdowns agian early on.

Now that I have Jahvid Best, I have my Thinder and Lightening. Just hope I can resign Turner, but will again entertain offers......

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Here's a good offer, let me know when you release him into the free pool.

Merry Christmas

13. Hokie Effect

No worries. I plan on letting him walk this offseason. But before I do I am going to stat whore him with my cheezball tactics. He will won't nothing less than 20mil a year after running for 2000+yds and 40+ TDS.....

• Like Like x 1