Trades - Some things for everyone to keep in mind

Discussion in 'Team Pages' started by Dru50, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

This is mainly for the new guys, but please keep this in mind when proposing trades for Bondzai007 and I to review:

1. This is the NBA, where the team who gets the best player in a deal wins the trade. What this means for 2k is that we will not approve a trade where the CPU team is giving up their best player for 3 guys who are significantly lower rated. I'm going to use Mike E's trade offer to Utah as an example - Utah would never trade Al Jefferson (81 OVR, young with potential, possibly the 2nd best offensive C in the league and their best player) for Kendrick Perkins, Nate Robinson and Cole Aldrich. Those 3 guys don't make Utah any better, and one of them (Aldrich) wouldn't even sniff any playing time on the Jazz. It wouldn't happen if a user were at the helm and just because the CPU might offer or accept it doesn't mean we'll allow it.

2. Old guys are worth less than young guys. If you are trying to trade for young players with potential in exchange for older vets, you better be giving up higher OVR guys than you are getting back. Otherwise we're rejecting the trade like Mutumbo in his hey-day.

3. First round picks are not worth as much as you think, especially if you are a playoff contender. You aren't getting a top guy or an aspiring young up-and-comer for just a scrub and your 1st round pick.

Keep these things in mind before throwing a trade offer up for review, or we'll just reject it like Mutumbo in his hey-day.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I can also imagine it is EXTEMELY hard for Bondzai007 and Dru50 to gage trades involving superstars/rookies when teams haven't even shaped identities yet. No way Rudy Gay, Nick Batum, or guys of the like get traded in the first week of season when teams have no idea if they will be contending yet or not.

If we want a sim experience here, i'd say hold your horses before trying to get the CPU's best/most prosperous player.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Personally, I'm less concerned about the timing than the fairness of the deals. If guys know that they'd like to try and tweak their roster to fit their style, I'm good with that. I'm more concerned with everyone having a good time with this than worrying about timing of trades, but that's just me.

And yes - I realize that I'm one of the guys trading high rated guys right away.:cool: