Trades

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I am sick of having to explain myself to everyone about every detail of every trade. This is not directed at anyone in particular but everyone as a whole.

How I determine if a trade is valid or not is entirely up to me. I also enlist the help of people I trust in order to help make decisions. Why I say one trade is legit and another isn't is not important. I'm not out to get anyone, I'm not playing favorites. I'm trying to run this whole thing as best I can.

I do all of this as a service to everyone. I could simply not allow any trades whatsoever or force everyone to get 10 approval votes (about half the league) in order for a trade to be allowed. If thats the format we need to switch to, let me know. The CPU trades are also done as a service to everyone in the league, don't abuse it.

I'm not whining nor am I saying that as an owner you shouldn't lobby to have your trade approved. Anyone in that position wants their trade approved - they wouldn't have proposed it if they didn't want it.

My point is, I'm not going to continue to answer questions about why I did this or why I did that. My methods are my methods - if you don't like them you're welcome to run your own league with your own trade approval methods. I'm not unreasonable, I hope everyone understands that, but I'm sick of being asked to explain every detail and people asking me - "how does this get approved but this doesn't get approved." I'm not going to be answering those questions.

Sorry if I'm ranting but I'm pulling my hair out with the amount of time I put into the league, especially this off season, and yet people still have things to complain about. The league isn't perfect, I'm not perfect. I'm doing my best, cut me some slack guys [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

why wasn't my trade approved?...

j/k

3. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Like a BOSS

4. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

my penis moved... but just a little bit so its not gay.

THUMPS UP!

6. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

If you are going to demand so much from us as owners, and then exert so much control over our teams, be prepared for questions.

This post is in regards to a trade between the Raiders and Carolina. Sea-chicken and keller were split on who was getting the better deal. Rush came in for a tie-breaker.

Our trade helped both teams, gave me a young guy that will finish out madden 11. Gave him a QB, and a WR he really wanted. Both teams got better right away. He won on the short term by filling 2 holes and not gaining any. I won as the years go by, but we have probably 3 seasons left?

But then I see this trade go through:
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/trade-jags-giants.46088/

Now I don't blame either party for making the trade, the Giants are desperate to clear cap space and will have to release good players. The jags take advantage and offer a 2nd and a 3rd rounder. So for a 2nd and 3rd rounder in next years draft (about 2-3 months away) the Jags just added another top player at there D-Line.

I value youth, but X will be getting those picks with maybe one or two seasons to develop them before Madden 12. Jags got an A potential D-lineman thats 29 years old and 88 OVR. Based on just the trade how do you not see one player winning huge?

And nothing personal against Xlence or the Jags owner, hell the jags owner has my vote for GM of the year he turned two 2nd round picks, a 3rd round, and a back up Free Safety into Jared Allen(94 ovr) , Justin Tuck(88 ovr), and ROLB Boley that looks to be an addition of depth. Friggin Crown him now.

@Keller
    @Seachicken3

7. Keller

I knew this was coming. JoHud, would you like to be on the trade committee?

I am thinking of a new trade committee.

@Seachicken3
    @rushers24
    @kdpnutter
    @JoHud
    @Jmustang1968

3 votes to approve - I still hold the power to veto.

Everyone has a problem with trade logic so I'm expanding the trade committee to include additional points of view as well as excluding myself from it.

8. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

@JoHud

send me another PM, we'll figure SOMETHING out to get this trade done.

9. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

/highjack.....

how the hell do we know who are Free Agents and who are not right now?

10. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

I'd love to be.

But....

I'd still like to know the answer to my question? I am not asking it to be a smart ass or needle you. I have also not been dragging this discussion in the mud, Ive tried PM'ing you and you have ignored me.

11. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Alright, well what are we going to do about all these trades that went through today. Should they all get re looked at? And how will it work? 3 out of 5 gets accepted?

12. Keller

No. Trade committee, when confirmed, will work on trades going forward. Any trades that were approved, stay approved.

13. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Keller I have offered to help and don't mind helping, but I don't think everyone has a problem with trade logic. I think for some were more or less just seeking clarification, of tweaking it how to make it work at least that's what I am when I have asked. I don't think you should exclude yourself from it.

I know every team is trying to improve but we have to take into account the amount of work especially during the offseason that Keller is doing. Criticizing or comparing one trade to another isn't right. Each trade is different and unique team to team and situation to situation. Let's ease up here some guys, Keller is doing a ton of work and remember he isn't being paid some exorbitant amount of money to do this. He does it to provide a really good league for us to participate in and have fun with. I mean for those that were in the party chat last night, it was a lot of fun joking around during the draft and everything so let's all take a little step back and calm down.

If you do need some help Keller with whatever I'll do whatever I can to help out.

14. Keller

As I mentioned, I won't be answering questions about why this trade and why not that trade.

I have enough to do, I'm done approving trades. I have people who are willing to step up and take on the duties, so thats whats going to happen once I get all of their OK's on doing it.

15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Basically I'd say guys have until 8 am tomorrow morning to get there guys they got in a trade, otherwise I would say they are free to be bid on for FA, we would have had 3 days basically to get trades done. If you can't get your guys in a trade right away, I would say hold off on releasing them unless they can get picked up right away as to not muddy the waters of FA. With FA pending so soon. That's just my view on it stryder, lol gonna have to wait to get clarification on it.

16. ChickenOfTheSea

TO EVERYONE: For this to work, there are several factors that need to be understood.

#1 Trades will take longer to get approved. Why? Because we will have as many as 5 opinions to hear, and at least 3 on every trade. Until we hit a majority. This means last minute trades the day before the FA cutoff. WILL NOT GET APPROVED IN TIME FOR FA. Not a bad thing, just the way it is. 5 guys in different time zones with different jobs take longer to get to a decision.

#2 Trades will have to be discussed behind closed doors so that the TC is presenting a unified front. You all see what happens when we don't agree, Owners start trying to wrangle for some sort of appeal because they think there is a weakness.

#3 This is always going to be a subjective process, I've been on a lot of Madden committees and in a lot of Madden leagues, Any time a trade is denied someone is unhappy. I get that the NFL Values picks differently than We do. Just because Randy Moss was worth 4th in the NFL. DOES NOT MEAN your bitch-ass WR is well compensated because the other team offered a 4th for him and He is only rated 79. Please find me a MADDEN Tom Brady (a 6th round pick who ends up 99 rated). We just did a draft after round 2.5 it was shit. We dont ahve 15 seasons to see each transaction to its end. we have 3-4 seasons total. in the NFL, they run out of picks before players, in Madden entire Positions are gone after 3 rounds. its nowhere the same.I wish it was, I wish there was a alary cap and real OF theres not we work around it.

What's awesome is to see us all involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't talked to Ryno or Shaun or anyone, but holy shit the TMFL forums are JUMPING! Congratulations Gentlemen. We have a functioning league! We have a podcast, 85% owner holdover, Offseason! owners vs. MGt this things is alive!

17. Keller

He makes some excellent points guys. I'm working with @Jmustang1968 to come up with a better trade process but for right now this is what we have.

Officially, the new trade committee is in charge of approving all trades. It simply had to be done.

18. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I accept the role

19. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Can we get like a private sub-forum for Trade Committee members only so we can discuss trades?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Keller and I have been talking about a possible option. Something to where we set up a system that bases trade eligibility on a point system. Sort of like how the NFL values draft picks. There will still be veto power, but say if you arent in a certain points range, dont even bother trying the trade... Will see what everyone thinks of it and put it to a vote.

21. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Interesting concept I do like the idea, lol guess the new trade committee were already getting fired huh?

22. ChickenOfTheSea

We have this, its just a matter of @Drifterbub or Shaun or someone approving you guys for it. with Just Keller and I it didnt get used Much.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Just to be clear, you are asking them to be added to the management forums? There will no longer be a separate trade committee private group and a management group. Simply because with all of the Madden leagues, it creates a usergroup/permissions nightmare.

24. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Gotcha, well it certainly should get some use now. For people that are wondering tho we will let you know when it starts getting discussed, and when a decision is getting close to keep everyone up to date with the status of your trade.

25. ChickenOfTheSea

I guess so, its not like there are any secrets in there.