Trades

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Juggernautblitz, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Trades

I addressed this once before and don't think I got a response so here goes again. What is the overall philosophy with trades in this league? I noticed that Thomas Jones for Ochocinco was declined by the trade committee and curious as to why that trade or one like it would be declined. I don't know their respective ratings but would think they are somewhat close, both are close to the same age, and on the surface it looks like a decent trade for both teams. The Jets have Leon Washington and Shonn Green but could use a receiver so Ocho makes sense and the Bengals have Henry and Coles but could use a better back.
    As I said last time, I believe the philosophy should be that only ridiculous trades get rejected but everything else should be allowed since it is 2 hopefully football knowledgeable adults agreeing to a trade.
    The reason this matters in my opinion is that I and probably others will be hesitant to put any trades together if we have no idea what the trade committee will rule because we don't know the philosophy/rules going in. Maybe I missed something about what the general philosophy is and if I did I would appreciate if someone could please let me know.

2. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

3. trutest

trutest Walk On

I think for now it doesn't matter whether it makes sense for both owners.. you can back it up with all the proof you want but because its the first season they have to treat it a certain way.

If one of us leaves the team, the new owner will be pretty pissed off if he doesn't have Ocho Cinco or Thomas Jones. Thomas Jones I can't really say I would be pissed off but if I didn't have Ocho, I would be upset.

4. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

I have to agree with jersey on this one. Probably once the league as a whole is better established trades may become easier to get passed. Also if this is a "sim" league it would only make sense to be reluctant on certain trades being that NFL rosters are set and you more than likely won't see any more significant trades at this point. Not to mention we are just in week 2 and have a lot of football to played in the league.

5. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

My 2 cents, having historically been one of the less active traders in the leagues I have been a part of.
    And also having been a TC member for several years for MEGA, is that its hard for the owners to get a fair trade, and its also hard for the RC to rule.

We all love football and madden and winning. or we wouldnt play. the TC is not out to get anyone, if they were they would just Boot you. They are looking at Teams, divisions, league balance. first year, vs proven ownership, being careful of favoritism. and also going off of what equals an impact player.

My one issue, is that it appears after a very few games, that Madden 10 has a different balance of power than it used to., Great QB or HB with speed, can overcome a lot. if you have a horrible OL, you will get killed all day long. (Free opinion, I'm sure someone Like Castor will set me straight and remind me he doesnt have an OL over 55 OVR, and he rushes for 200 a game. Hes a freak.

Great WRs with a scrub QB mean nothing, Peyton Manning behind a suck ass line means a lot less than Manning with a decent line.

In other words, OL and DL Matter more htan in past versions. ergo they should have more Trade value, even though in RL no team would trade Chad Johnson for a Center.

It may take a full season for all of us to learn some of that. I'm willing to wait it out.

It would be nice to get a tiny bit of direction from the TC on denieds though.

Maybe a "Denied, If Team X adds [Blank] DP we will approve." or something.

6. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

I think with any trade, you need to ask yourself if you think this would happen in real life. If not, it probably will get whacked by the trade committee.

7. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I see both sides of the issue but certainly think a more relaxed approach by the trade committee with only very lopsided trades being denied would be good. I understand the "this is the 1st year so don't want to change teams too much" but isn't a big part of the fun of this thing being able to do what you want with your favorite NFL franchise, within reason? I have never been a good passer on these games so me trading a mid - high 80's receiver for a stud blocker on the O-line would make sense.
    I think the attack on Cole was a bit unwarranted but probably not intended to be as offensive as it seemed.
    Anyway, I am still a bit cloudy I guess on when it would be fine to trade a good player and when it will be denied so I stick with my opinion that it would be much easier if it was only very lopsided deals that everyone looks at and says "what the hell?" that get rejected.

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

trade committes will be more willing to pass trades in later years, play with your own team for a year at least before you go moving your best players around. The real NFL never sees this many trades before the season let alone the whole season. This is a sim league and to much movement will be a horrible thing if we lose users. I know if i was to become the bengals id be pissed if i had thomas jones insteand of ocho cinco. Give your team time before you got making huge moves

9. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

My OL is nails. There's a reason I tagged 2 linemen and will probably tag a third.(y) I am a freak though you are correct sir. Just kidding.

I go back to it being somewhat realistic. Dwayne Bowe's don't get traded. If they do it's because they can't be resigned and it's within two weeks of the draft for draft picks. Talent for talent trades are extremely rare, especially with top flight talent or even starting talent. Every position is vital in football and this game I think, but there is no comparison in value between top shelf skill position talent and lineman on either side. There is no comparison in value. There might be an argument that interior linemen are more important, but not in their contract or trade value.