Trading Caveat

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Trading Caveat

Okay, had this idea just now and wanted to throw it out there for you guys.

What if we had a 24 hour grace period where a trade could be cancelled by either team after seeing a player's potential rating?

Reason is part of my own experience. I traded Brian Waters for 3 prospects. Now in the deal I stated that I wanted B or A rated prospects. Unfortunately, one of the players we agreed on, DT Terrance Knighton, was a C ranked prospect. Now I wouldn't know that unless:

1. Dunlap told me
    2. I got the player under my wing

So I sort of got screwed in that aspect of it. Now I still liked the deal (got a decent WR and something else that made it worth it); but if I was really wanting to be a dick about it, I would have tried to veto deal because of that C ranked prospect guy.

What if we allowed a 24 hour period where a trade could be vetoed by either owner involved because of "failed physical"? Trades in all sports are vetoed sometimes because a player failed a physical.

Could we think about maybe instituting this, if you guys think it makes sense?

2. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

It's an ok idea, overall I could go either way on this.

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

hum..i think i could be ok with this.

4. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

full potential really wont or cant be met within 2 seasons, but i agree a trade should be able to be cancelled

5. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

i dont really like the way people have traded and deserted their teams anyway...but i would allow trading to be canceled...if agreed by both parties

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

hmmm....We would have to put really strict stipulations on the reasons a trade can be vetoed. I do not agree with allowing someone to cancel a trade just for having 2nd thoughts or because someone told him he got shafted in the deal. I think we can just solve the problem winuvas ran into by just asking all trades to include a players potential rating.
    We just need to be careful with this one.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah, including potential definitely would be helpful, especially in those cases where you're trading vets for younger talent. Again, Jeremy, I agree with you. Get out of my head. ;)

8. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

but what if someone lies about the potential rating.. Do we let the player lied to have a chance to cancel the trade, and do we warn the owner who lied?

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

In my opinion, yes on both counts. If you'll lie about something small like potential rating, what else will you do ON the field?

10. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I am with Cade on this one. I was one of the ones that game into the league and traded like crazy. I really think we need to do something to limit trading. I think we should tinker it in any way that we can. I would be OK with this rule.

11. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

we have. we approved a rule and posted it about trade limits for next season. 4 trades per team, 4 players per trade.