Trading with cpu teams

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by dablakpope, Apr 8, 2013.

1. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

I would like to know the rules for trading with cpu teams. Someone please clear the mud from my eyes. Trades got reversed. So I thought it wasn't allowed. Now I see guys making deals.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  2. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Please see the below quote from Doug regarding the updated rules for trading with the CPU.

So, to clarify. You MAY trade with a CPU team, if the CPU team offers the trade to you. This can be accomplished in two ways:

1. During the draft, when your pick is on the clock, you can elect to trade down. By doing so, you can view the offers that were made to you for the current pick and select one of them to complete a trade.

2. You can put players on your trade block by selecting them from your roster screen and select Add to Trade Block. If any CPU team is interested in making an offer for a player on your trade block, you will see trade offers listed under your My Actions tab in the CCM. There is no guarantee that the CPU will make an offer for any player.

These are the ONLY two ways in which you are allowed to trade with the CPU teams. You must take an offer made by the CPU team. You may NOT make offers to the CPU teams, nor are you allowed to make counter offers to trades the CPU teams initiate. When they make an offer, consider it a take it or leave it proposal.

Finally, ANY trade made with a CPU team must be posted and you MUST have a screenshot of the CPU team's offer as proof. That screenshot MUST be posted with the trade details in the Team Management forum.

Thanks Pope! Hope this clarifies things for you and anyone with similar concerns.

• Like Like x 2
  3. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I still don't like it but maybe it's just me. Just because the computer offers the trade doesn't make it any more fair then some of the offers that we're made by owned teams.

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Please elaborate on your comment. Why not?

5. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Thank you for that clarification Jim.

• Like Like x 2
  6. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Just that I see some people getting 1st rounders for 2nd round picks in the draft. What owner would agree to that. That's all I'm saying.

I will never agree that trading with a computer owned team is healthy for the league and yes I was one of the ones that tried before a new set of rules were written. I didn't take the time to find out the ramifications of the CPU team and that's on me. We are out for our own teams best interest an no one has the best interest of these CPU teams.

At the end of the day it is what it is and I am just voicing my opinion. Carry on.....

• Like Like x 2
  7. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

I'm also not a big fan of trading with the CPU. The cpu has no real logic on how the trade affects them (i.e salary cap hits). Some of the proposed trades really are awful especially the ones concerning draft picks.

8. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I agree with that.

9. CHUNKNESS

I find it interesting that the three of you who have responded negatively are owners who had traded with the CPU teams before we made the decision to nix all of those deals. This is good! I'm glad to see that each of you are understanding the concerns we had and the need to keep he integrity of the CPU teams intact.

Here is my response to those who see negatively about trading down draft picks or trading away players to the CPU teams altogether...

Is there truly anything unhealthy about the CPU trading away a 1st round pick in a future draft if they are getting a player of immediate need? We see that all the time both in the league and in the NFL. There is absolutely no way we can say a human controlled team wouldn't make that offer. Shoot, I've seen just as many garbage offers from the CPU as I have from human owned teams, if not more.

As far as the draft goes, if a player of need is there in round 2, some people would deal a first rounder in a heart beat - particularly if they scouted that player and anticipated getting him to start on the team. For example, James M ( cry_havoc ) selected CB Lorenzo Hopkins 79ovr just before me in the third round of the draft. Had I known he was going to be taking him, I easily would have traded a 2nd or even a 1st to move up to get him. He was projected to go in the middle of the fifth round and was going to be my next pick, but James beat me to him. Based on that, we cannot say one way or the other whether or not a human would have made the trade or not.

The CPU teams may be more willing to trade some future draft picks away. They are also getting players right now, while their trade partners wont see their compensation for 1 or 2 seasons. As for trading a 2nd to get a first. It was a top 40 pick which common in the NFL for teams to trade a round up when future picks are involved (2nd for a future 1st, 3rd for a future 2nd, etc). Here's an NFL example for you... In the 2009 draft, the Seahawks traded the 37th pick for the Broncos 2010 1st. Sounds very similar to what we saw in our draft.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

My trade was a small trade involving a 70 ovr wr. I was no one of the ones that took advantage of the cpu.

11. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I'm just glad I didn't end up trading with one of the people I was in talks with in moving up. Dam Jags took my guy Asa Davidson with the 2nd overall pick. I wouldve been screwed, and pissed. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

I'll be brief with my $.02

-Not a fan of computer to human trades...b/c it promotes incessant offers and figuring out a way to get the best deal...which doesn't really correlate to real NFL trading in my book

- I don't mind offers being made by the computer to humans...as most trades I've seen offered are reasonable

- My draft experience was more enjoyable, and I really liked the feeling of getting offers to trade up or trade down...I didn't see any unrealistic offers ...I though the CPU logic seemed fair and on point with the draft value chart

• Like Like x 1
  13. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

That was my guy too, I got screwed and was pissed....lol

• Like Like x 2
  14. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I had a feeling this was going to be the first thing you would bring up which is why I mentioned that I was one of the ones but I felt my offer was a fair one. Now I will admit that I didn't research cap hits as its normally not something I look at when discussing trades with others because another teams cap hits doesn't effect me but with a CPU team I should have looked at it to keep the integrity of the CPU team in mind. Big oversight on my part and I admit that.

Doug, I get what your saying about prior REAL NFL Drafts. You also see star players being traded for 6th round picks which you will never see here. Anyways you have your opinion and I have mine just voicing my concern is all. Looking forward to the season.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CHUNKNESS

I appreciate that Rob. By no means do I want you NOT to voice your opinion. You are correct, we may not see later round draft picks sent for star players in the league as we do in the NFL. We are going to continue to observe the CPU offers accepted by the human teams. If they are outright unrealistic, we will nix the CPU trades altogether. We do not view the CPU offers to be unhealthy at this juncture.

• Like Like x 1