Tradition 1: Team/User Rankings half way through NCAA 2010

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Dec 23, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Tradition 1: Team/User Rankings half way through NCAA 2010

We are in year 5 and I would like to rank the teams based on my observations so far.

National Champions
    Season Team User Score
    1 Georgia Tech Mogriffjr 55-37 - Wisconsin (cpu)
    2 Miami NYJuggalo45 51-7 - Texas (cpu)
    3 Tennessee Bruce80 ???
    4 Tennessee Bruce80 ???

1. Tennessee (Bruce)- Obvious #1 thus far with 2 B2B Titles under his belt and undefeated again in year 5. Bruce has really played well in user games and he has had the most success in his recruiting out of everyone. Every year the team is 6 star and A+ across the board. He has recruited the talent and is backing that up with wins. It is most impressive too b/c Bruce is a Father of 3, a husband, a coach and god knows what else. He also plays in other leagues here in The Tradition and is still able to maintain his elite status here and get all his games in time. A perfect representative of tradition football. Please somebody take him DOWN!!

2. Georgia Tech (Mogriffjr) - 1 national title and a few 1 loss seasons. he is always in the hunt and no matter who is has on his roster he can find a way to beat you. He is a passer at heart and it is very frustrating to defend against at times ( I should know I am 0-5 against him). No matter what defense you call he can find a guy open. Running on the other hand is what you want him to do. he is a bit clunky with the HB. On defense I call him the "Ed Reed" of Trad 1. He plays FS primarily and hovers in center field looking for you to make a mistake and he will swallow that ill advised pass and turn a game around. I look for GA Tech to grab at least 1 more title here in 2010 and many other ACC titles.

3. Alabama (Jfosh) - Oh jfosh, every year Bama is ranked #1 or #2 at some point but there is always 1 user game that just destroys his season. Always manning constant studs on the field this team is Big and Strong. I believe it comes down to the offensive play calling in end for Bama that cripples them at times in big games where they have opportunities to spread their lead by 2 scores and they fail. My prediction is that Bama will win a title, but I think it will be a year when he gets in with 1 loss. He is SO damn close but he keeps coming back for more

4. Miami (juggs) - Miami is a tough call here b/c they are falling off the radar as of late. I can't ignore their National Title in year 2 where they were pretty much dominant on defense and won the trophy without much resistance. Miami can return to the game again if Juggs comes back with a clear head. He has proved he can recruit with the Nation's #1 class last year. Lets all hope he comes back to take a stranglehold on the ACC and compete for #1.

5. Georgia (Hellisan) - 5 and 6 here is almost a toss up but I am going to give the nod to Hellisana nd his Dawgs. I feel his team is filled with better talent across the board and has appeared in the national title game once. Coach Hellisan is a bit distracted from some of the quirks of the gameplay this year but it still doesn't take away from his fire to win every game. I look for him to be strong late like in 2009. The SEC is tough but Georgia can recruit and he is a thinker, if he puts his mind to it he can win!

6. Auburn (Mramirez) - A loose cannon, a cowboy, an outside the box player, call him what you want but Mike R is a tough player. It is rare that you will find Mike playing any other game on his xbox. His time is devoted to the league or scrimmaging and practicing. You never know what Auburn is going to call on offense. He is known for murdering cpu opponents, racking up huge sack numbers, running wild with his HBs, and throwing deep to his giant WRs. What he isn't known for is he defense against users IMO. Auburn is consistently at the bottom of the Team Defense Ranks every year. I think it is because he is always recruiting strong offensive players. When he gets his team to defend the pass better look for Mike to make a run at the National Title. I call him a spoiler as he has constantly ruins seasons for teams that are making run.

7. Clemson (Colemanchu) - Clemson flys under the radar alot but they have an ACC championship under their belt and are 1 of few teams to have taken Georgia Tech down. With clumsy off-season recruiting and sporadic vacations he is still able to keep his team in the top 15 most years. He plays tough football with not much talent. Team is loaded with 4 and 3 star players and he makes the most of them. Can Clemson win the whole thing. I am going to say no b/c I don't think they will be able to recruit well enough to compete with the big bad SEC. While he might be able to escape the ACC again (If he can keep his interception total down) but those SEC monsters will put him back in his place. This is a team people forget about but when your on the field you MUST bring your A game.

8. Florida State (Kingerock) -Coach Kinger and The Seminoles are constantly in the race but something usually breaks in the end. He has a big bad defense and a solid passing attack this year. While his stats show a running team, I believe that is a cpu attack. When push comes to shove alot of the times vs users you need to throw the ball. Kinger can do that with solid WRs at his disposal. Sometimes you forget about them and they he hits you where it hurts. Kinger is one of the most balance straight laced players I have ever player and will beat you with play calling. They definitely can win the ACC. Turnovers and beating GA Tech will be his biggest obstacles.

9. North Carolina (Bly/Blaza) - A team with a transition year in the mix. Bly Gilmore held the coaching position in years 1 and 2 and recruited some nice players. Clancy being one of them (if only he could stay healthy). Blaza took over and was throw to the wolves right away. He struggled year 1 and is now molded his team a bit to suit his style. He will still have another 2 years before he can really call UNC HIS team. Blaza is a tough player that I don't really know much about. I believe he has a lot of experience and is mentally strong. I think finally getting into Trad 1 has made him excited to play well and really get into the game. I look for UNC to make a run for the title.......actually UNC is playing Florida State this week and a win will put him in the #2 spot. Can he handle the pressure?? Time will tell.

10. Florida (VaSteel) - The newly retired racing phenom now has more time for NCAA Football but his work on the field is not coming up with favorable results. Steel is a GREAT player but he constantly shoots himself in the foot with turnovers. He made a great run in year 3 (i believe) where he took out Tennessee, Auburn and LSU I think. He had a crazy 6 user game schedule and almost ran the table before running out of steam. He has lost the excuse of owning a tier B team like last year's Oklahoma State. He has Florida and is recruiting a monster class in year 5. I demand Coach VA Steel to take this team out of the SEC cellar and bring home an SEC trophy!

11. VA Tech (jms493) - Not being able to remember the last time VA Tech has won a user game makes them take the 11 spot but not the caboose. VA Tech always in the media making them selves out to be bigger than they are. Fact is they have never come close to winning anything but "Who gives a shit" bowls. Recruiting at VA Tech is at the bottom of the user pack most years but we make the most of our recruits. We are still riding the back of Logan Thomas (5th year Sen)....next year will be the true story of how their recruiting has really has been. They played Georgia Tech very well this year and lost to Florida State by 1 yard. They are close but close doesn't count in the polls. VA Tech is working hard on winning the ACC. We will not go home empty handed in 2010

12. LSU (RynoAid) - And last but NOT least LSU and the Tigers. Well Rynoaid is last in the rankings because he has a killer team with A+ talent but continually throws up 1 stinker game each year to kill his rankings. (like last night vs Bama) My assessment after watching LSU vs Alabama last night is this. I don't think Ryno has a gameplan coming in (unless he is playing Auburn). He is more a "lets wing it" coach. Well in this league to be a winner I believe you need to have some sort of game plan coming in to the game. Playing the SEC is tough and some of the teams look like NFL teams. Throwing balls into double coverage will result in ints all over the field. Ryno will be looking for an assistant coach coming this January 2010 to come up with solid game plans. He has the skills on the sticks and if someone leads him in the right direction LSU will become a winning program. Lets hope Ryno gets a quick grip on his studies so he can come back and put fear into the SEC.

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I don't like it, but i guess i can't argue...

I mean i've beat Auburn twice, Florida twice, Alabama once.. so i feel like im competetive, but i just can't get over the hump.

I've had other user games that have been going my way or close and then they get disconnected and i either get a sim or blown out... so it's not all as bad as you paint it..

ill take my last place spot as motivation though, thanks JMS Dungy.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

it was a tough decision....I had myself their and I probably deserve it as you have way more user wins then me.....but LSU has much better talent.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

but i get that talent by recruiting prowess... i've been top 3 recruiting class all but one season and had 1 top class, and possibly on my way to another this year. I think that should count for something too, its not like im playing with all original players anymore.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Auburn should have been 3 or 4. Also how can Florida not be last, they started with by far the best talent and the best set up for recruiting. Yet from day 1 they haven't mattered at all.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice rankings but I'd change them:

1. Tennessee - obvious
    2. Ga Tech - obvious
    3. Auburn - Well Alabama hasn't beaten him and he is in the SEC title game every season.
    4. Alabama
    5. Miami
    6. Florida State - Only user team with a shutout in a user game - respect!
    7. Georgia - Fucking underachieving bastards
    8. Clemson
    9. LSU - Has beaten Auburn, handles Florida
    10. North Carolina - Might be moving up the rankings we'll see
    11. Florida - Had a good run in the 6 game season but strug-a-ling right now.
    12. Va Tech - Can't win user games so far

You always give us food for thought, at the very least! Your article last year was classic.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

You made a good point about Bama. Offensive play calling. Fosh I'm not trying to diss you here but you take up the full play clock choosing plays a lot of times. Watching on JTV it looks like you soimetimes cycle through 3-4 entire formation sets trying to find a good play. As if one of them is just gonna strike you as you look through. I think you know your playbook better than this! Hell you know MY offensive playbook better than I do!

General plan of attack ---> formation that serves that purpose --> play

and go with it. We're playing 8 minute quarters dude and this will help you be more decisive. don't get me wrong I've had my fair share of delay of game penalties too...

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL spoken like a true Cowboys follower...

I'm aiming at the #1 spot...if I can take down Bruce then win the ACC title with this team and win a title, i'd be one up on him!

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I beat Georgia in year 3 41-14 I think.

I beat USF in year 4 70-7.

Cant argue the rankings at this point, I have recruited well and had some good young talent that I was able to redshirt in year one while I compiled the #1 recruiting classes in year one and two to build my team.

I am now more selective with my recruiting and choose not to suck up players that will most likely get cut just to increase my overall player #s in recruiting classes.

My main failure has been my inability to land a blue chip qb, man that bugs me....

Much like Mo said if I can beat him it will solidify my spot at the top for now....I could go the rest of this dynasty empty and still be pleased with taking a middle of the road team in UT to start to the top of the charts.

Thanks for the props JMS pretty cool stuff.

Merry Christmas to my Tradition brothers!

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I should be 12th at this point.

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah I did it based on memory and might have lost some facts on the way. Auburn might be higher but it was just something i wanted to do as work is dead. Trying to get the board as active as possible and it keeps MYSELF and hopefully other more interested in the league.

Why do you think i make up stupid nicknames up for my players and all kind of dumb shit about my team. It makes it more than just about the games. If I just played the games and that's it I would lose interest.

12. jfosh

jfosh Super

As hard as it is to admit I would put Auburn #3 and me behind them. Bama aint won shit. I'm 2-3 against Bruce everygame has been great. I beat Mo but the game went down to the play. But Auburn has had my number I cant seem to get the uperhand in any game against them. They have really killed Bama's season every year in the Iron Bowl. This year will be another oppurtunity to go to the SEC championship but have to win that game.

I guess I need to work on my hand signals and get the plays in quicker. I've had 5 different offenses in 5 years maybe I should just stick with one.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah I would stick with one for at least 2 years....i pick play so quick sometimes I dont even know what i picked till i see the play on the field.

Auburn is the only team VA Tech has beaten besides Miami........it hurts his ranking!:eek:

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah playbook is very important. I switched books these year even though I liked my former book due to my ADD or something. This new book has screwed me completely in user games as it doesnt have the same passing game concepts and formations that I like. It improved my run game but killed my pass game which has carried me to victories in the past. I even offered the commish a very lucrative bribe on the side to change books but he didnt bite.