Tradition Boxing Association Interest Thread (Ps3)

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JerzeyReign, Mar 25, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Tradition Boxing Association
    "If you screw things up in tennis, its 15-love. If you screw things up in boxing, its your ass." -- Randal "Tex" Cobb
    Watch For That Left!

Since the beginning of time cultures have pitted their best warriors in battle. Those who were not worthy of that distinction were cast away in shame. With the release of EA's Fight Night Champion you can now have a chance to prove your the best. Will you rise and fight like a man or continue to suckle upon your mother's chest for nourishment?
    Now this online gym feature is new to the series but I figured we can model this after our current league set ups with scheduling, recaps, and content. With boxing we will probably have a little different setup but it will probably be a very useful and functional setup. Building a 'sim' environment will be key for this league's success. With this being a TSO league, management will support this league full force. All we need is ten warriors to do battle and spread the word. I would like to fill the entire gym with every weight class but building a strong foundation will be the first goal.
    A couple of ideas I've kicked around are as follows:
    • Punch counts. Constant 1,000 punch fights are unheard of. If someone is constantly throwing over a 1,000 punches then he's probably not a 'sim' guy, not for the weight classes we will begin with.
    • Power punch. We may limit the number thrown until the first patch is released that will hopefully fix the stamina. The patch is set to release next Tuesday. The reason for the power punch is mainly used for a knockout or counter punch. If you use it in those instances than your using it in a 'sim' way for the virtual world.
    • 3 belts. It won't feel right unless one of our guys can unify the belts and become the undisputed champion. We can brown nose and name them after our three 'big bosses' or come up with something on our own. After our first 'season' the top 3 users will be given a belt for starters. After that its going to be 'up for the taking' just like real life.
    • Scheduling. I would like to have a Fight Night but will settle for only 2-3 fights per week. It gives guys time to practice/spar and talk a little trash to 'hype' the fight
    These are just a few ideas. Hopefully, those who join the TBA will bring more ideas to the table and help shape Tradition Boxing. Post in this thread if your interested. I'll start going on other forums looking for others if we don't quite have 10 warriors already on TSO.

Thanks for reading.

[​IMG]

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i would be down on the XBOX...

3. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Im in on Xbox as well. Not very good though lol

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I suck on the 360 so I'm sticking on the PS3... the 360 seems to have a huge population to choose from according to all the forums I've visited.

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

but Bradkaz already has the PS3 covered... or i thought. Why not give an XBOX league a try.. you got three guys here ready to play.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm not certain if his league is still flowing but I have a different view/idea of a league that would bring more 'realism' to FNC. After really diving into the Online Gym feature, it really doesn't capture the real life boxing schedule and a forum would be the only place to accomplish such a thing.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I haven't given up completely on this but I have 'moved on' in a sense. I actually joined a boxing league in hopes of learning how its done. The community isn't as 'close knit' as this one and I think their are some guys who would blend in very well, I just don't believe in poaching members.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Do you have the game on Xbox? My brother is very, very good at the game if you are interested in sparring. He fought for the LH championship last week and is I think the #5 rated gym.

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Normally the guys at the top of OWC fight 'differently';). I will get it shortly, probably once my HD cables come in for Xbox so I can record and edit videos easier.

I'd love to get knocked out, I'm not that good with the 360 controller but if he sends me a FR (GT: JerzeyReign) I'll gladly spar. Nothing like tasting canvas early in the AM:)

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    He fights sim, at least in my opinion. One of the reason's he is so successful is because he can box and let other people throw a ton of punches until they are tired enough for him to KO.

11. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

so how does this thing work? are you basically creating your own boxing, leveling him up and then competing with him? cause if so i'm all over this.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Well to make things fair, limits are set. I'm in another boxing league and it really evens things out and gives everyone a fair shot. We will need a money system so at the end of the year we could 'purchase' attributes.

Maxing your own guy is pretty good. My avatar is what EA thinks I look like.

By the way, I just bought this for Xbox. Will see who wants to rock on TSO and go recruit on other forums to find some 'sim' heads that could make this long lasting.

13. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Im interested in this, but i dont want to buy the game and then not have a gym to join and fight against people i know.. half the fun is talking shit to people while your working them over....

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That could work if we get enough guys, which I think the 360 side of the house could manage. Through the 3 leagues I've seen, the 360 has a better following when it comes to Fight Night Champion.