Tradition End of Season 4 Awards and discussion

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Dec 14, 2010.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

[​IMG]

This awards are mostly based on stats and personal opinion. No ratings or class year went into the awards.

I like it when players in the league are well known and get popular around the league. It makes it much more engaging. (John Clay and Logan Thomas are 2 fine examples:)).

Top QBs:
    1. It is pretty obvious that Hotrod can pass with anyone. Give him Mark Sanchize and he will put up hall of fame numbers. Rob Henry put up amazing numbers. 52 TDS and 17 ints is quite a difference that any offense will take. Well done bitch.
    2. Chandler Witmer the gunslinger at Illinois gets the nod for #2 based purely on stats. Very similar to Henry will less TDs.
    3. Pat Anderson I threw in pat in here based on the 24 tds vs 8 ints. True he only threw the ball 289 times but he did it with a purpose and it got his team to the National Title game. too bad he choked at the end.
    Top HBs:
    1. Marcus Coker was a true workhorse for Iowa with 350 carries and 6.43 average. 2251 yards is tough to accomplish for any star HB. Running is cheese now!
    2. Jamal Berry while his numbers are low he showed he could perform vs another user in the biggest game of his life. He is a true impact player. NFL is calling!
    3. Justin Green put up over 2100 yards....very impressive. The illinois offense was superb this year. Good luck repeating this amazing year of production.
    Top WRs:
    1. Kenny Lewis is a young stud playing for Wisconsin that is their deep, short, and middle threat. His 23.6 yards per catch average from 76 receptions is amazing. This guy is a true weapon that Wisconsin hopes to keep for 2 more years.
    2. OJ Ross: Almost topped Kennys performance but came up short. This senior will be missed at Purdue as he only dropped 1 ball all year....jeez. He isn't the physical specimen like Lewis but he gets it done! Ba bye...
    3. Dyjuan Lewis....who the hell is this guy??? Putting up some nice numbers for the Bearcats. He is a true redzone threat and needs to be watched on those crutial 3rd downs!
    Top DEF Players:
    1. Brian Porter (MLB) is a true home wrecker. This guy is all over the ball and will change the way you play on offense. Please leave early!
    2. Wes Baker (CB) of Washington is an up and comer over there on the left coast. 8 ints is an incredible stat. His ratings dont scare but keep testing him and you will get burnt.
    3. Kenny Fritz (DE) and Trenty Murphy (DE) both caused havoc behind thr LOS. 14 and 12 sacks deserve defensive recognition.
    4. Josh Shirley (OLB) is another feared defensive player from UCLA. I expect alot of Bruins to be on this award list soon. 19 TLF as a LB is crazy!
    5. Kellen Bell (SS) true freshman playing for the Badgers singled handedly won some games for them. His amazing 6 FF and 3 FR stopped receivers from coming over the middle on his side (don't count Illinois game). Wisconsin can't wait for this guy to get better and better and then for the Badgers to sign a real FS on the other side!

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Please discuss. I did this for people to mention their own little gems that maybe should have made this prestigious list. I am so consumed with my own players I dont get to check out other teams except the endless useless scouting of Purdue!:mad: Rot in hell OJ Ross!

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Shirley is a goner but we have a RS Soph who will step in and be very similar to him.

I am with you in hoping we have more players on here soon. We dont have an impact player on O, so if we have more on this list it will be on D. Our QB Jeff Banks should get honorable mention here as well, the RS Frosh played very well after a slow slow start to the season.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yes Banks was hard to leave off the list but I want to give Fosh some love for making it to the title game.

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

When I first looked at this list I expected my HB Dudley to make the cut (1163 yards, 22 TDs) but I didn't realize you guys were putting up those insane yardage totals in Big Ten country, jesus.

Glad Lewis made the WR cut though, dude won 2 games for me on spectacular last second TD catches.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    David sims should get some love after being a freshman and performing admirably throughout the season. I really didnt have other amazing single performances. LE Brian Moore had like 10 sacks.