Tradition Football.... oh so glorious!

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by DigginGraves, Apr 30, 2009.

1. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Tradition Football.... oh so glorious!

Free time at work = why I love Tradition Football.....

OK... so I'm 25, work in an office and consider myself an educated and pretty cool guy. BUT...I belong to a league for video game players, is this OK? Hell yeah!!

We are harassed by buddies and girlfriends who think it's nerdy and that we need to grow up, we check the forum on an hourly basis from our desk at work to see what's happening, the drive home from work is more exciting when the week has advanced and you know you have a game vs the CPU when you get in. But most importantly, we all love the game, the community and the small amount of competition it produces in us. Are we a dying breed or the start of a revolution?

As video games have evolved, so have the hard-core gamers and fans of the different genres. I personally tend to stick with the sports games and appreciate the sim style football that is played at Tradition Football. I think of my Online Dynasty as a new age Sim City.... one where you are surrounded by user competition, where rivalries have developed and friendships have been made. This is not your typical group of video game nerds, we all have lives, jobs, school, some of us even have kids and many other things to keep us busy. But one thing is for certain, we all love a good sim-style sports game and off-line dynasties were just not cutting it anymore. The new age of video games have seen people like myself who grew up with the original Nintendo and Sega systems advance through the Playstations and XBOX's to where we currently sit today. We continue to play and immerse ourselves in the "digital world", but it has now become more than just a game here and there.

Will we play these games in to our 40's and beyond? Will our kids eventually ask to join our Online Dynasty? Will it ever become OK to admit that you only know the starting QB for Mississippi State because he won the Heisman in your video game? My prediction: this is only the beginning.... Tradition Football will see a very big gain in popularity when NCAA 10 drops. With graphics becoming more realistic, games feeling like a live broadcast and Online gaming becoming increasingly more popular, leagues like TF will continue to expand and sim style gamers will have a place to gather. Tradition Football..... thanks and keep up the good work!

My name is DigginGraves and I'm a proud member of Tradition Football!

(y)

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    well said

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

Hear, hear.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hell yeah!

It's so true what you say about offline dynasties just not cutting it anymore, yes I had fun with them for years, posting stories about my team and trying to figure out ways that I could lose to the computer to keep it interesting...

Prediction: Joe Russell will be the first of our children to ask into the Tradition. .... heheheheheh

One thing that I think is very fun, is having players in your dynasty many moons ago that were stars for you and then became players or stars in the NFL.

A few years ago, like four years ago or more, I ran a Minnesota dynasty. Minny was stacked at running back, with a soph. or maybe Junior in Barber and a young kid named Maroney. Both had stellar careers for me and in posting my dynasty on MM I made sigs with those two players in them, wrote stories about them, etc... Several years later and both are superstars in the NFL. I also did a dynasty with UVA a few years ago with a couple of freshman studs at OLB that had great careers for me, well one of those was recently drafted by the NY Football Giants....

Nice post Diggin

5. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

I kind of thought this post was pretty spot on for most of the players in TF... I'm glad to see some of you guys agree... The site is great, community is cool and things will only get better when NCAA 10 drops...