Tradition Football Still looking for Content Manager

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, Jun 15, 2010.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Tradition Football Still looking for Content Manager

For both NCAA and Madden. If you want to post articles to the front page and help us track the latest updates on the games, i need your help. Some of you already do this in the forums, i just need some leadership to get that content up to the main site.

Anyone want to step up? It's easy wordpress backend that all premier members will need to learn anyways if they plan on blogging about their team.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

What sort of time committment are we talking about here? I'm all for helping out the site but I don't want to say I'm going to do something then not have the time to do it.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Just posting the latest info on games? or is there more to it?

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

If you still need help I'm willing

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

this person needs to be on top of the latest news and blog info etc.. on Madden and NCAA. It's not a huge writing job, though you can put in your own editorial aspects to it if you want. Mostly just identifying the info and putting up a brief excerpt from EA or wherever and then the link to the article on EA.

not hard.... but still very important and it takes someone who really likes monitoring this stuff during this time of the year.

7. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I wouldn't mind writing articles for the site. I don't know about all the monitoring, but if someone gave me the info I would lvoe to write up the article. I'm goin to Mizzou for journalism next year, and since it's summer and I have no school paper responsibilities, I'm currently just writing sports articles and posting them on the web, so I wouldn't mind doing this. If you want a copy of some of the stuff I've previously written, I could send you them

8. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I also nominate Noles. He seems to have too much time on his hands playing this game.

9. Keller

Well, posting links and excerpts really doesn't sound that difficult nor time consuming. I'm no Journalism major, so I wouldn't be adding a whole lot of commentary, but I certainly love to stay on top of the news for both Madden and EA. Working in IT, I generally am on my PC at work all day and I almost always have time to look at things of that nature as well as post on the site so thats a non-issue as well. However, Noles does have two votes so maybe hes the right choice? lol

10. Keller

Speaking of news, this info came out about online team play on Wednesday.

Heres the video
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGAAM0u_abk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGAAM0u_abk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Noles hasn't even posted in the thread yet... LOL

it can be more than 1 guy.. actually i would rather it be so that the workload this time of year doesn't overwhelm anyone.

if you want to give it a go keller it's good with me. Give me a day or two to things together and then we will setup a sub forum for content management where we can communicate.

12. Keller

Lol true. Sorry I missed you last night on Tiger. I was drinkin and destroying(at least in my mind) my buddy, lol.

I don't have a problem splitting the duties with someone. The more the merrier I say.

13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    What kind of IT work do you do?

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    In all seriousness though, I usually put anything I find right here...if someone wanted to put it in WP that would be fine with me.

Typing up WP articles is a little to obvious for me to do at work.

15. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Seems? :D

I also think Knoles would be a good fit.

16. Keller

Technically I'm a Network Admin in name but really I'm just more of first tier support with a little network admin on the side.

So I reset passwords, setup exchange accounts, install printer drivers and low level stuff but also I manage our backups, serve as a liason with our support vendors for our ebusiness site, install servers/vms... pretty much anything you can think of really.

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Just curious, I'm a software developer and I like to know who my fellow nerds are.:)

18. Keller

We're all nerds in a way aren't we? Sitting here on the site, chatting with others about video games... lol

19. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

HAHA, I second that! Tell my wife

20. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm still willing to help out. I could help 'Noles if he accepts. I'm 6 hours ahead of the east coast so I see stories probably in the middle of you guys' workdays. I would also be at home while you guys' are at work so the articles would be up about the time you get off. And I'm willing to learn anything. Just a thought...