Tradition Football will be at NCAA '11 Community Week

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Tradition Football will be at NCAA '11 Community Week

Tradition Football was contacted by EA Sports and invited to spend 4 days at EA Tiburon in Orlando, FL testing the game and working with developers to provide feedback and impressions on NCAA Football 2011.

I will be leaving on Tuesday 3/23 and will be onsite until Saturday morning. There are strict confidentiality requirements, and I'm not sure what information, if any, i will be able to provide the commuinity. I'm hoping to get a Q/A with some of the development staff to discuss the features that have already been announced at the very minimum.

I would like you guys to post any suggestions, ideas, enhancements you would like to see in 2011. I will take the best of them and build a document that outlines them and if given the opportunity, present them to EA. Not sure that will happen, but atleast i will have it if there in case it does become relevant.

Hope you guys are as excited as I am that TF core values will be represented at Community Week.

PS: Please, i can't and won't be able to talk any specifics about the game until such point that EA permits it. You know i will provide whatever info i can whenever it's appropriate, please no PM's about specific things you want to know about.

thanks.

2. BAKEdaSNAKE

BAKEdaSNAKE Walk On

Sweet, congrats man.

I'd like to see custom playbooks brought back.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I am excited for this...I will have to collect my ideas and post them.

They pretty much sum up to: EA needs me to work on NCAA.:)

4. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I must say Ryno you must be proud at what you built here with TF. Glad EA took notice of the website to see we have the most SIM players around.

I got 1 question for EA. If they reduce the speed of the game will we have the option to turn it back up for all online & offline play?

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

One great enhancement I'd suggest that would really help us here at TF as well is at the defensive playcall screen, instead of seeing the offensive package of 1 QB, 2 HB, 2 WR, 1 TE. They should list the players numbers, position, and name of those in the huddle. for instance, you should see:

15 QB Tebow
    2 RB Demps
    3 RB Rainey
    6 WR Thompson
    85 WR Hammond JR
    81 TE Hernandez

This setup should be simple and it would accomplish two things. 1) you would recognize when someone is going cheesy and putting their 99 spd CB in at QB or HB etc. And 2) maybe more importantly, it would solve our dilema about not allowing rotating of QB's on a play by play basis since you can't tell who's in the huddle. This is a simple idea but a great idea that would help the strategy of the game.

Other issues:

Locomotion - DE's shouldn't be just about to sack the QB and then turn around and run down a HB on a screen pass.

85 man rosters

Fatigue - guys should wear out during a game and season.

Spread running game - I'd hope they've already fixed this, but let's make sure you can use a power running game from the spread as well as run the QB zone read plays while actually reading the DE or OLB.

And most importantly...

Offensive blocking AI!!!

6. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Wow, this is great.

1. Create a playbook. Not just adding in plays from other playbooks (though, if the formation thing isn't going to work, then definitely putting together your own formations.)
    but actually being able to create your own formations and formation specific plays. That would add a entirely new demension to gameplay in NCAA. People could create new formations or plays to exploit a user's weaknesses for a big user game and many other things.

2. AI- The AI needs some serious tweaks. It's already been said, but the blocking is the main one. Another one I have seen is the DB AI. If a reciever is running a route and the DB is still in his backpedal when the reciever runs past him, he shouldn't be able to catch him if he is a 87 accelleration and the reciever is a 99. Things like this should come into play to create more mismatches and things like that. I just think that every rating should be taken into deep consideration.

Those are my two main concerns. Hope you have a great time ryno. Should be hella sick and a great experience!

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Here are a few of my suggestions if you don't mind:

Penalty sliders that actually work
    Fatigue should play a bigger part
    Accelerated Clock
    CPU Offense/Defense Awareness (CPU catches on quicker when same plays are repeatedly called)
    When the CPU challenges a play and gets it wrong they should be charged a TO (doesn't happen)
    Recruiting should be easier when you win and harder when you struggle. Right now only certain schools have the ability to recruit at will.
    CPU defense should not be predictable (like always blitzing on 3rd downs)
    Let users get a "vote" for Heisman trophy winner, if their is a tie let the game settle it.(OD)
    Single game records (you may break 'em but can't see 'em)
    Coaching Carousel
    Player Personalities
    Being able to hire a coaching staff (which can effect how players progress)
    Make practice mode more useful. Maybe allow user one practice a week to increase stats temporarily for a good week or negatively for a bad week.
    Sideline reporter.
    Sports ticker
    Weekly/Bowl Recap
    Radio show to hear other members of your OD's game while they are playing (Kind of like MLB the show)
    OD coaching record carrrying over to all ODs you participate in

That's all for now. Glad to see they are starting to recognize us. I've personally been bugging the devs that come on OS to come visit us. And these are just some ideas in case they ask if you see something missing that should be added.

Thanks and have fun.

8. GoGators

Also, fix the psychic CPU defensive playcalling. They shouldn't be lining up in a 4-3 when I run 5 WR QB draw and then line up in dime when I call the same formation with a pass play. It ruins gameplay against the CPU.

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    We had a discussion about this in the management forum and this is almost my exact post.

Although different QBs from play to play is still not sim, I get what you mean. :)

10. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Hit the nail on the head

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    QB passing on the run. Please if they throw off their back foot, please penalize this by givign the ball more air under the ball. There are only a few guys in the world who have the arm strengths to throw off their back foot and throwing a dart, and every QB in NCAA shouldn't have this ability.

The 2-3 extra yard animation...you know the one where the RB gets hit, is almost down, u hit up on the stick and he 75% of the time moves momentum somehow back forward for those extra yards.

Don't make slants so effective. Make the CB AI recognize if a guy continues to use that route if they are smart/aware enough.

12. jkhaalis991

Yes please remove this. Its very cheesy, but I'm sure we all do it lol. I know I do.

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yes
    lmao...but it would make the game better...either the guy fights for those yards initially or his ass is getting hit back...

unless you want that madden animation where the tackler and the guy with the ball look like their dancing together lol.

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

If they take that out something has to change dude.... Once user defenses get really good and fast you practically can't run at all anyway. Hell even with the cheesy animation i probably avg 3.5 ypc in user games, and that's on a good day.

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The thing that needs to change is the computer's relative lack of recruiting skill.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

good point... I just wonder if we'll ever see that. For every one of "us" there is a 15-year-old kid who likes to create 10 superhumans and get them all on his team every season. They're paying customers too and seem to have EA's ear more than we do. I think we need recruiting sliders.

17. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Scrimmage mode in online dynasty....allow users to play against each other with their teams during the week for practice.

18. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

This is great news Ryno! I am jealous!

Here are a few things I would like to see...

1.In-game progression and regression (or player morale/confidence)
    I remember this in PS2 versions player ratings changed due to in-game performance. Obviously younger players would be rattled more and would decline quicker than a veteran player. Right now the only inkling of a risk of playing a younger player over a Veteran is their attributes and ratings.

2. Player potential.
    I know this is not difficult to do as it is a prime factor in Madden. In Ncaa every player basically has the same potential or appear to progress randomly.

3. Specific Emphasis training.
    Say your a big fan of tackling LB's or break tackle HB's. It would be nice to specialize training emphasis by position. Like QB's could have Throwing, Mobility, Awareness to focus on and LB's could have tackling, Coverage, speed and ect.

CONGRATS RYNO and Good Luck.

19. GoGators

1. Give us linemen that actually know how to block.
    2. Stop the defenders from being able to fly up to the LOS on run action and then sprint back into pass coverage effectively.

Adding these two things will make users play defense in a responsible fashion rather than committing to everything they see and not getting burnt by it.

3. Get rid of all the canned animations.
    4. Tune the animation where a defender breaks off a block and circles around the blocker in no time flat to make a tackle after you made the correct read and cut off the block that was being made.

20. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Am i the only one that cringes at the thought of custom playbooks? Can ya seriously not find one playbook ya like out of over 100? Yeah it would be kinda cool to pick your formations but I gaurantee it would cause alot of bickering and arguements.

Something I would like to see come back is the detailed scouting reports for online profiles. Its been 6-7 yrs since they had it I believe. You clicked on someones name and it told: most frequent team used, playbook, run vs pass %, how often they blitzed, audibled, hot routed, scrambled, etc. You could actually scout someone and avoid obvious cheesers. It also gave cheesers at least some motivation to play right too.

21. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Congrats man..I just wanna know does the game play like Madden 10 or not. That will answer my speed and locomotion questions.

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Another suggestion:

Overall adjustments. We need less 95 and above players. Have to seperate great players from good ones. Maybe expand the system like Madden.

I'm bored at work so more ideas may into my head lol

23. jkhaalis991

Agree. A recruiting Slider would be great to help the CPU.

I would love to see this brought back, but also shows what the last game scouting report was so if you had problem with someones play style, the commish can look at the last game scouting report & toss the results.

24. GoGators

I cringe at the custom play creator. Custom playbooks would be cool if you could pick formations and plays already in the game. I know I'd love to keep UF's base playbook but be able to just add the base I set and some pistol formations since I haven't found a playbook with those yet.

I agree 100% on the scouting reports. They need to bring something like that back into the fold soon. I'd also like to see like the top 3 plays run on offense and defense for a particular user as well as myself. It'd allow for good self scouting too.

25. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Hotter cheerleaders...

On the real, congrats Ryno, I am also extremely jealous and may try and cop a way to get there. Apart from some of the obvious gameplay changes....I wanna see off the stick changes. Team specific stadium entrances, game/bowl preview (it was kinda cool to watch Corso put on the headgear back in the day...even tho you always knew who he was gonna pick), custom stadium sounds feature being able to be heard by your opponent (OD), more legit looking sidelines (not every player be pixelated and were the #89 or #50, and personally....

PENN STATE WHITE OUT CONDITIONS!!! Even tho they don't always work...

What I am trying to get at is...MORE ANIMATED STUDENT SECTIONS!!! If I had the choice to put my opponent on the student section side during the 4th quarter or in OT...and it made them rattled more...that would be badassssss