Tradition NCAA 13 (1 vs 1) League Interest Thread...

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Fiddy14, May 19, 2012.

1. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

hey guys, ive noticed since i have been here that all the leagues are dynasty based...

i have come from a site where we have had 1 vs 1 leagues for years.. from 24, 32, 44, 64, and 82 teams!!

run with a top 25 poll and all voted on each week..

we also even have went the route with the smaller amount of teams 24 and 32 with an NFL style type schedule..

anyway, just trying to see how many would be interested in a 1 vs 1 league here.

please post if you are interested and i will update the first post here with the names..

if anybody would want to step up and run this, feel free to shoot me a PM etc.

draft type would run by Tradition Sports sign up date found in your user profile..

thanks guys...
    ---

Tradition NCAA 13 League Interest
    1. MartyWebb
    2. EaSportsKiller85
    3. Ian Moss

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm interested to see how this goes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Agreed. Sounds like a pretty badass idea, if run correctly. Consider me interested.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Sound just like that site that RTP Came from, what's it called David ?

5. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

i r need moar furthar explanashun. :p but seriously. i don't quite understand how this works.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

confused.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

The NDL

• Like Like x 1
  8. EAsportsKiLLer85

EAsportsKiLLer85 Banned

Im intrested in this idea.

9. EAsportsKiLLer85

EAsportsKiLLer85 Banned

Everyone has 1 team?

10. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

yes, everyone would draft a team.

you then would invite the guy you need to play (if you are home team) and play the game. post the results in the results thread etc.

i cant believe some are confused by this lol, this is how all leagues were run prior to online dynasty's. all human vs human, no cpu involved at all.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Most of us hated those leagues and played offline.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ian Moss

Ian Moss Walk On

Hello to all,

I am interested in joining this league if its come about. I did play in the NDL in there farm system which was the minor league to get into the big dance but they used all 113 teams and had bowl games and the national championship just like they do in college football now.

They had a draft system in place and the only way you could keep that team for the next year is you had to attain a certain amount of points like winning against your rival etc., etc.,

If you had a crummy team and did really well you moved up in the drat order so you weren't stuck with that team the next year.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

well looks like some of you guys missed out big time.. just didnt find the right places to play i guess when that was the only way to go about having leagues. i played at 3 different sites using formats like i mentioned, met some great owners etc through the years. if a win at all cost guy was found, they would weed themselves out eventually through game feedbacks in the forums.

would be great to see something like this succeed here, since dynasty's limit us to just 12 guys.

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I hope you do well, it isn't my cup of tea, I like recruiting and doing GM stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  15. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

same here, i'd rather do that stuff etc.

im not interesting in running this by no means. i just was checking the interest level from the NCAA die hards here and see if one would step up etc. looks like a very active game, figure put this thread out there and see what happens. just like i did with the OOTP Baseball League. im glad i did that bc we got ourselves a full 30 team league..

17. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

i would love this and i know a lot of people from ul looking for a home that would love this too

• Like Like x 1
  18. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I could see this being something like this:

Select a team by sign up date, ie. 2009=4*, 2010=3*, 2011=2*, etc,
    You move up by performance. Say you finish .500 or better and beat a team two levels higher (2* beats a 4*) or you win 8 games and beat one level higher (3* beats a 4*). If you beat three + levels up (2* beats a 5*, etc) auto move up. This gives everyone incentive every year. Even if you make it to a 6*, you don't want to be the dodo that lost to a 3*.

I'm not saying I would play but the possible scenarios ran through my head.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

well, you seen my mass email i sent out. im not sure if it included everyone, but it may not have. i wasnt always a huge football league guy over there, but i know for sure you and a lot of others were.

send all those guys a message, have them follow the few steps to signing up and maybe something can get going for this 1 v 1 stuff, even if its just say 16 guys or so.

all the guys here as you can see had no idea what a 1 v 1 league was LOL.. they love all the dynasties and franchise type leagues.

post back in this thread or pm me if you hear back from some guys.

20. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

i will for sure i know that there are already bout 5 or 6 of us here at least

• Like Like x 1
  21. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

the way it worked at ul was it went by join date to start with and then every season after that there was a draft of new teams and it went off of reverse order of how peoplefinished the year before. it was a really good system and i enjoyed it thouroughly

22. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

i proposed this to shaun for madden as we do exactly the same thing on a uk site im on and is pretty popular :)

i cant play ncaa on xbox only ps3 as in the uk but i would happily run it if you need someone to do the hard work lol

23. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

i'm interested sign me up!

24. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

so it seems theres at least a little interest i will tell eveyrone else that they should come here and look to make this league a thing

25. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Late to the party here, but yes, it was the NDL. I played well over 15 seasons there and the league and format was the best out there until OD became available. There were as many owners as there were teams in NCAA and most of the guys were pretty legit, str8 gamers. The OD offering in the game has caused the crowd to dwindle over there and now there are less guys over there (only about 80 or so), but there is a great core group of players. I played in several different leagues like that over the years before comin to TSO and joinin up with David and the CROP. Now nothing else compares !!

• Like Like x 1