Traditions VI

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bogey21, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Traditions VI

Ok so heres the deal. EVERYONE PLEASE RE-READ THE RULES AGAIN.

A few that Im going to point out...

10.0 - Running Up the Score: Good sportsmanship is a major part of TT, so running up the score on user opponenets will not be tolerated. Please use good judgment when leading by a large margin, even when playing the CPU.. I don’t want to see multiple 70-80 pt scoring games.

11.0– Moving Players before snap: On defense, shifting linebackers and the defensive line is permitted. However, if you move a individual defensive player before the snap you must control that player at the snap of the ball. This includes moving a player to cover an assignment.
    Constantly spreading or pinching your DL or LBs falls under the rules for mixing up your playcalling.

A third thing I would like to address is passing to your running back. Your running back should not be your leading reciever, its as simple as that. This is a SIM LEAGUE, I believe that some of you guys have totally missed the point on this and have chose the "win at all cost" over playing straight up approach. If your sole purpose is to win the national title while pissing off every player you play along the way well feel free to retire from the league because that not how we are going to do it here.

**And finally and most important, you need to communicate with anyone/everyone you are playing in this league, no questions asked. If you cant do that your gone. Many of these issues could be avoided if you just paused the game and worked it out then and there.**

Ok so now I have a question for the league, I have recieved the same complaint about the same player twice. This player is apparently abusing the user catch and also sitting in the 5-2 the entire game while also moving multiple defensive players. The first time this happened I recieved video evidence and took it to some other commishs' and was told the play was fine, but obviously its not because this guy is 2 for 2 on pissing players off so im opening up the discussion here and see what the rest of this league thinks. There is no need to get all hot and bothered at eachother, lets talk these issues out to make sure these things dont happen again.

2. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Following the rules should not be difficult. Everybody should know them. I have played people who run nothing but the 5-2. The only way to beat it is by going to deep. This makes the game not fun because its not real. Defenses do not just sit in the 5-2 and Offenses dont just go deep. How about we all get on the same page a play a sim style of football?

3. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RaveDown View Post
    The only message you sent me during the game was when I scored on the 99 yd pass play, when you sent me the message "dude no need to be gay and run up the score."

What was I supposed to do, run the ball with the chance for you to tackle my RB for a safety? I had already been stopped for no gain or negative yards a couple of times already.

I audibled out of my run because it looked like an all out blitz and it was. I hit my slot guy on seam route who was manned up with no saftey help and I took it to the house.

I did not want to run up the score. That was your fault for gambling with an all out blitz to get a saftey and you got burnt.

MazzMan took me off his FL after we played and I did not come on here and complain about it.
    First off it wasn't an all out blitz...

-------posted by PK

Second, you took control of your WR and speed burst to the user catch...there was another guy there, you just blew by him on the user catch...

Anyways, there was more than one message. I sent you another message after that telling you that you really needed to read the rules...Did you answer me back...NOPE...

Lastly, you ran the same D ALL GAME LONG...moved different players on D, especially the safeties, and ran the same plays on O...The same zig zag post play...just when I game plan for something different...BAM...my bad I just play against that one play right?

I also appreciated the courtesy too...I waited for you to move, shift, move, user move again, and you didn't for me...it's all good...to each his own, there's nothing in the rules about that.

You can have your W...I know I didn't play as good as I could but you have no defense against the crap you pulled. I just want you to not do it to someone else. Nothing personal, you just need to fix it.

By the way, ask anyone that knows me, I can take a loss like a man and I am a good sport. I just don't like agreeing to rules why other people break them. I don't play these leagues so I can brag about W's, I do it because I enjoy it.

This is where I'm gonna shut up and just finish the season out.

4. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

OK, I see that Ravedown responded to the issues with the deep ball and running up the score, but what about moving multiple guys before the snap and sitting in the 5-2 the whole game? I see that your online and reading this so please respond, thanks.

5. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

First off, it was 45-10 and at that point I was running from the spread offense just to run out the clock!!! That's when he decided to chuck it deep for fear of giving up a safety...lol....

Yes he was in the same D the entire game...And he ran pretty much the same set of plays, not many, with his money play being the short post user catch...

There were even several times that as he was cycling through players he moved them slightly...I couldn't tell if it was lag or if he was moving them too...He was definately moving both safeties...then controlling the one he plays with.

6. Up 45-10, take the safety if you have to. OR if you pass (short pass) and your guy catches it, DIVE to keep the clock going.

I am sorry but these things we are talking about are things we can find in the online lobby. There is no room for things like this in my opinion.

PK has earned me believing what he says.

Some things are just not right. Dont score if the guy catches it on his own. I have had people pass on me late or pick me off and when they do, the good sports and SIM ballers dive or run out of bounds.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Sticky situation indeed. I have a question though sometimes if I'm playing against a user who has a playmaker at receiver I like to call zone but audible one of my corners to man up on the star at the line. I then control either one of the safety's or lb's, is this allowed or not. I haven't found any defenses in the playbook that cover this so I improvise. As for the original problem it seems like PK is a repected user around here and if you have video evidence of prior violations then you have to decide if it's two or three strikes your out.

8. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

That 99 yd pass play was with at least 4 minutes to go in the fourth quarter. You can go look at the game summary.

Your acting like there was under a minute left in the game. If that was the fact I would have dived down and ran out the clock.

9. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

First it was a zig zag post play, now it's a short post. I have no clue what route you are talking about.

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I guess he could have come back from 32 points down with four minutes left.

11. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Hey Ravedown, can you please address the 5-2 issue and movin players before the snap. Im confused as to why you keep addressing the 99 yard pass and not these other issues.

12. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

I addressed them in the game summarie topic.

13. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

There not the same play. Again, I'm not trying to make this a personal attack but our Commish has asked us to get this straight.

So you don't user control or user catch on those post plays...it says user catch on my screen when it happened all game long.

The goaline play was a short post because you thought I was going all out blitz. I was just playing a 4-3 over trying to keep you from getting a first. There was a safety over the top but you probably never saw him because when you threw the quick post and user caught, your WR left my DB in the dust and you blew right past the other safety.

In normal situations, you should go for the home run if all I'm trying to do is crowd the line, but cmon on bro, I had been running the ball trying to run out the clock. Two points is gonna help me that late? Then what's gonna happen, you're gonna punt me the ball and I'm gonna do what? Run the ball just like I had been before.

14. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

So your saying that you weren't in the same D every play?

This is when I remind myself to take pics and vids next time...

I know you thought that I was pissed, but you should have at least responded on LIVE...I hate typing too but something is better than nothing...

Good luck the rest of the way and I have no hard feelings for anyone, RaveDown included.

15. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

how do you take pics and vid's? I have a real Dousche bag in the other league i'm in that cheeses with his WR's and bumps my WR's with his CB's to pick the ball off constantly. I'd love to record it.

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

to get vids you need to go to the easports highlight after the game, but before you exit. From this screen you will be able to pick any play quarter by quarter. You choose one of the like five camera angles, after the whole video is finished it will ask you to save. Save the vids you want and exit the game. Then you have to go to my legacy and upload the video to EAsportsworld. I dont have the game on so the minor details might be off but the basic jist of it is there.

17. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

thanks. I'm gonna catch him red handed next time.

18. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

1. User catching is not illegal.
    2. So next time I play and I'm beating you with the WHOLE fourth quarter to go, I'll let you score or get me for saftey. Since this is what seems to be your main point.
    3. I was not trying to go for the homerun ball. I did a quick audible to "deep pass" and my slot guy was running a seam route, it was not intentional.
    4. Up until that point you were NOT running out the clock/ball. Remeber how I got on the 1 yard line? You tried to throw a deep lob pass and I intercepted you.

19. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

This issue has been beat to death, and we are moving on, thanks for all your guys input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.