Traditon Dynasty...Bad News

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jfosh, Jul 23, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

Traditon Dynasty...Bad News

Guys I got bad news. The scheduling changes made to the Dynasty did not save. I had to retire the dynasty to make the scheduling changes and re-invite all members for pre-season activities.

I know we all invested time in getting to know the recruits and setting depth charts and Red-shirts. I hope we all know our teams a little better and we can say time well spent.

(n)

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hey man, here's how sick I am. I'm excited to go on and scout a new batch of players.

I really need help. (n)

Thanks for taking care of it Fosher

edit: Ok, not so excited about it anymore. Can we shuffle the deck one more time? lol I got dicked.

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

hopefully this isn't a glitch, because this happened to us in TT2...

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah, was gonna ask, did anyone test this? do we know if the 2nd time around the schedules stick?

5. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

why does it feel like we are beta testing the game all over again just like last seasons?

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Well, schedules were wrecked last year, so really wouldn't be surprised if they still were messed up this year. biggest problem is that now no OOC user games are going to happen unless the game schedules them on their own (see Florida-Florida St). My biggest thing is that if it's going to happen again, why didn't we just leave it and move on. But I guess no one really knows for sure and it's really just a guessing game at this point.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

wow... just fucking wow...

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

If this is truly a glitch

A possible workaround would be as follows

Fosh advances to preseason so we can all start scouting.

he saves it as an offline.

He goes to the offline file and does the schedules. He advances. He invites us. We add all our recruits week 1. Obviously, the problem is that to redshirt a guy you'll have to tell Fosh and he'll have to do it for you..... It puts even more of a burden/hassle on the commish than before.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

i dont wanna.............ugh.......will have it done by today.

can you save the file? i am thinking no.

i had such a good class too.......sosad

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Helli, I'm not sure you can save the file offline and it will all stick. Usually stuff only sticks/saves after an advance.

I posted this in the main forum, but no one has responded.

Fosh, you moved a team in the ACC correct? To make it 3-3 user teams in each division. I know TT2 is using custom conferences, so alot of moving teams. And I believe TT3 is doing the same.

I'm wondering if this schedule glitch only occurs when you move teams. If you leave everything as is would it work? Is there anyone home to test? Would need to do it as an online dynasty obviously

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Hack said all the PS leagues kept their custom scheds.

TT2 moved a lot of teams. I know TT3 had the same problem, but I don't think they moved any teams... HotRod, can you shed some light on this please?

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

He can save it offline after he advances us to the preseason.

He then can have control over all the teams offline, and do our redshirts.

He then advances offline, and it keeps the recruiting class and our redshirted players. He then retires the old dynasty and invites us. No question in my mind it would work, just a hassle for him.

13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

did any of the PS3 do custom conferences?

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Not that I know of. I don't think they did.

15. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I just moved one team. I think the problem with our stemmed from me switching teams to get someone's preseason stuff done so I could advance to week one. In doing so I think it erased the custom schedule since I was a different team. Not 100% sure of this but I do know the schedules were saved as of last night.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It's probably the glitch dude. (n)

The natural inclination is to figure you did something wrong, but that was the same thing Fosh thought. ...

17. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Well if the PS3 leagues kept teams as is, and the schedules worked.

And all of TT1, 2, 3 moved atleast 1 team and the schedule didn't work.

Gotta wonder if it's the XBox on a whole which custom schedules don't work. or only when you move teams around in conference, which then begs the question...do we not move a team in the ACC?

18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

you also have to consider pre-patch vs post-patch... evidently some dynasty's launched pre-patch and aren't having the issue even with custom conferences.

19. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

IMO lets see if the schedules stick before doing preseason stuff again ...

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Also, consider this: TT2 and TT3 had to remove and add guys before advancing due to absences. We replaced one guy with another gamertag so that he could do the preseason stuff for the absent guy.

But, I did check everything before I advanced and it all seemed to be there. Only when I advanced did I notice that anything changed.

21. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

JK is home today and is going to run some tests. I would suggest everyone hold off until we're sure what works and what doesnt

22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

This worries me so........if we cant get past the freakin preseason without a glitch. Whats going to happen in the offseason.

Hire testers EA! Just one.....thats all you need!!!

23. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'm with you man. This BS brings an eerily similar sour taste to my mouth (no homo!)....

24. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

I hear ya. Honestly my bigger concern is Madden. I damn near guarantee the offseason has issues that'll seriously limit the number of folks who decide its worth the effort.

Remember this is the same organization that released a terribly broken Madden 2001 on the PC, with tons of online franchise flaws, and instead of fixing it the next time around, they told us "nobody played it" and scrapped the whole thing.

25. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Problem solved. JK was good enough to do a bunch of tests and turns out it was all about dropping/adding a user, nothing with custom conferences, schedules, etc. He is going to post more details. but as long as Fosh doesn't/hasn't changed any members around, we're good to go. If he has, we need to start over again