Tragedy in CT

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by thafuture3886, Dec 14, 2012.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Being alive for the Columbine shooting and the Virginia Tech shooting, as well as the shooting on the army base a couple years ago I've already witnessed enough mass killings in my life. But when it happens so close to home, a place not too far from where I grew up, it really hits you a little more. At this point all I can do is pray for all those that may have been effected by this tragedy and pray this will be the last time we have to deal with something like this.

• Like Like x 2
  2. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Absolutely terrible.

3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

My heart reaches out to those families and friends affected by this tragedy as I cannot imagine their pain. I hope I never take my time with my children for granted. I heard an awful statistic on NPR tonight that on average, 20 mass killings occur in the U.S. each year. It pales in comparison to the 15,000 individual murders that occur annually. No matter how you look at it, the killings are all senseless loss of life. Regretfully, we live in a society that often "glamorizes" these types of killings for lack of better terms. Those reporting about it certainly don't condone such acts, but the endless publicity allows the killer's story to live on which is often what they wanted. I'd much rather learn about those who lost their lives; not the ones who took them. It is the spirit of the victims' that deserve to continue to live on.

• Like Like x 5
  4. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Well said Doug.

This was just unspeakable. My thoughts and prayers...

5. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely that this will be the last time... :(

• Like Like x 1