Training Grounds

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by TBrown80, Jul 6, 2010.

1. TBrown80

TBrown80 Walk On

Training Grounds

Had an idea that popped into my head.

Don't even know if it is plausible, but I thought I would at least run it by you guys.

Since there are a few of us on the outside looking in on ODs and the fact that you really don't know what you are getting from the new guys.

What about a Starter league in which all new guys must go through to earn their stripes.

Basically a minor league of sorts.

Just a thought.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We have those, In reality every non-premier league is that, but leagues like The Rise were opened just for new users to join.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Same for "Training Day" & "Rise to Glory" on the PS3 side.

4. Hova

If you are worried about finding a league I wouldn't be. They are all filled now and everyone is excited but people will drop like flies once their true colors show and people will be looking all over for members. If that doesn't come true then I am sure management will open as many leagues as possible to supply the demand.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I was just going to open another league today, actually.

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i just did for xbox..

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    You're my hero.

8. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

^^^

Such a 1-upper

9. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Wow they're all full huh? Hova was right, just give it a month or so and some spots are sure to open up. At least that's how it worked last year.

10. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Last Year I didnt join a league until after release, It may look grim but the leagues will fit the demand. I think most people see that most are full and get discouraged and dont stay around and end up missing spots opening up, and come back to late.

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Get on a waiting list. Ive got 3 guys on my waiting list and I'm sure more will roll around.

12. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Have we ever thought of a Premier League style format. (when I say Premier League I mean the soccer one in England). I am not sure as to the exact details but it works something like this. There are two Tiers(tier 1 and tier 2), at the end of the year the top 3 teams from Tier 2 take the spots of the bottom 3 teams in Tier 1. I think this would be kinda cool for two leagues to start this way. Just a suggestion?

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Hey I have been talking to Matrix Monkey about hosting a new member OD. I know he has been around the site for a bit, If you guys need someone to host one for the up coming season

14. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

The only problem is: How do you determine who the bottom tier players are from a Premier League? Since this particular board isn't all about winning, but doing it the right way, that wouldn't be a good idea I don't think. Not to mention there are several guys that have to step away every season for whatever reason, so there are plenty of open slots.

Here's the deal, in order to get into a premier league you really have to earn that spot. Once you've earned that invite, should you be booted back down to a 2nd tier because you can't hang with the top dawgs of that Premier league? We have some pretty good players here, and with the rules the way they are, it's really about playing a good clean game of football and having fun, more than defeating everyone in your path just so you don't get canned from the league.

Also more leagues were made premier this year, and probably next, and so on (and some will die off), based on quality and member participation/leadership availability, so it's really not like we have a set elite division that just nobody can make it too without a member dropout/retirement. The worst player (record wise) from a quality non-premier league next season could become a premier player next year, just by doing everything the right way. Showing up to the games, posting, participating, being legal. All that stuff, and you're on your way.

Not trying to shoot down your idea btw. If we had a set # of premier dynasties, I would like your idea a lot. I just see more negs than pos's at this time.

15. Hova

Ya being in a premier leagues has nothing to do with who is "better at the game". The top 3 would have to be determined on who is the most sim/active/ and delivers the most to forum content throughout the season.

The starter leagues will basically be a way to build your rep up so the commishes out there can select people based on what they see in these other leagues.

16. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

No I didn't mean that you had to use the premier league for this i just meant that you could use two leagues to try this kind of format out in. Just a thought. This in no way was meant as a way to be accepted into a premier league.

17. bdub77

bdub77 JV Waterboy

I'm game for waiting around to get in a league if I have to. I figure good things will come even if I have to wait. Just the name of the game when you get in late like myself. No worries though. Thinking about getting a Year Membership so I can join in on release tourney