Transfer error for Michigan/Northwestern?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, Aug 26, 2011.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Archie Griffin

I'm afraid the transfer error may have screwed me in my game with NW...

The results uploaded to the Dynasty wire, but no stats... I never really got the error, but the system froze when I was trying to upload highlights.

I'm afraid that if the stats don't show up before you advance, that a sim will take place.

Just wondering if you should throw the results out and I replay the game? That is, only if no stats are showing on the dynasty wire before you advance.

Let me know what you want to do and I'll adjust accordingly.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

If you got the error, and have the time, I'd probably vote for throwing out the results just to make sure it doesn't sim a loss for you.

3. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I can hammer it out tomorrow morning at the absolute latest... Good chance I can get it in after work today too.

Just let me know and I'll be checking the dynasty wire throughout the day.

4. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Checked... No stats still... I'll play the game ASAP if you have a chance to throw out the results today... I may even just supersim it on the computer here from work just to save on time, that is if you have the time to throw out more in case results aren't as positive for my boys ;)

Archie Griffin

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Getting to this right now.

6. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Text me when you're ready if you want to go on a supersim binge with me... 6154101205

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Uh oh,

I got a transfer failed message when trying to throw out the results. Gonna try again, but I don't like this ...

8. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Keep me posted... In a meeting right now but I am gonna try to supersim from my phone...

9. bdub

bdub Walk On

Must be a hell of a meeting ;)

10. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

All day with some Japanese engineers... Plenty of time for translating gives me time for this good stuff... Keeps me awake too.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Just did the "transfer failed" thing again. How is it possible that an issue this big never came up in testing? The freakin' FDA gets it right more consistently :mad:

12. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

We had this problem in CoC. Actually the tranfer failed after the game has happened several times in the past season. In order to keep from any sketchy type stuff, I always take a picture of the final score at the end of the game and jhave it just in case there are any questions.

Also, after you have seen the transfer failed or even have any thoughts of it being the case, you can go look under the espn tab in the dynasty. Go to scores and schedules and if your score shows up there, then you will not have any problems. You should be able to highlight your game and press triangle and see all of the stats and everything. If not, then the game did not go through.

Also, if you super sim it on the computer, you can not go back and through the game out in the case that you lost the game.

Hope this helps!

13. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

So the game results are up... Just no stats... So runthepound, we should be cool then? I can't verify the actual results on the PS3 now though... Anyone else at home care to check?

14. runthepound

If the score is there under the scores and scedules tab under espn, you should be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Cool

16. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

i read some stuff and it seems people have confused the game freezing during highlights with a transfer error, if it freezes during encoding video's which it likes to do, your gonna have to manually load them. the game will not sim, you just wont have highlights on the wire.

17. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

No I was just worried with the freeze... My understanding about the transfer error was that if stats showed up on the Dynasty wire, then you're good. If not, it'll be simmed. I was worried with the freeze and no stat combo that it'd be a sim after advance.

18. runthepound

The transfer error clearly says "transfer error"

It will then give you the option to "retry now" or "exit the dynasty". If you see this, you have experienced the tranfer error. If not, you should be fine.