Transfer Failed

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Dude, Nov 27, 2011.

1. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

For some reason, I can't log into the dynasty. I only have to recruit because I'm on a bye, so I thought I'd get that done real quick.

Could someone kick/reinvite me please?

2. The Dude

FYI - got the TF issue again trying to accept the invite.

I'll try again later. This has never happened to me before, so if anyone knows what to do, please inform me.

Thanks.

3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I had to retire the dynasty and re-invite everyone. Should be all set.

Games will have to be replayed, though. BigSmooth33, I'm fine with you getting another crack at Wisconsin.

(Welcome back.)

4. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

LOL... Thanks... Invite already resent so I can hammer it out tonight?

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

So do I get to replay my game to?

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I will play mine at some point this evening when I get home from Practice. Thank god this is back to normal. I couldn't bear the thought of not snatching the top HB away from Ego

7. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Yeah, he sent them last night.

All results get wiped out, so yeah, you need to replay your game.

8. egofailure

I got the soft-commit this week ... hopefully he makes things official following another convincing Arizona victory. ;-)

9. egofailure

Did you lose to Stanford last week? If so, yes, you can replay your game for another chance at victory. However, all results from this week are final.

10. bdub

bdub Walk On

So smooth gets to replay for a win but I can't because I played later? Thats fair

11. egofailure

There's really no way to be 100% fair when anything like this happens. For instance, I kicked the shit out of Cal the first time I played them (no touchdowns allowed), and my Heisman-leading RB had a huge game. When I replayed? I let up a TD on the first drive and Carey totaled merely 75 yards on 21 carries. But what can I do?

Since of all of us who played last week had to re-play anyway, I figured I'd give anyone who lost before the league file debacle a chance to replay the game, rather than having the annoying task of trying to sim themselves a loss. I think Smooth is the only person who qualifies. He's someone who missed the off-season and already was the victim of a simmed loss (not to mention numerous missed recruiting weeks), so I figured I'd toss him a bone. But to go ahead and throw out results to anyone who loses this week so they can also get a second chance? That's a little more than I bargained for.

That being said, if you (or anyone else) feels as though my decision isn't fair, I'm more than willing to reconsider. I'm sure that Smooth will have no issue accepting the loss. Since he's been a part of this league, he's always been a great sport.

12. bdub

bdub Walk On

Its fine I lost and I will take it but I don't see how its fair that smooth gets a redo because he happened to lose 12 hours before me.

13. The Dude

I don't think he's telling you you can't play, is he? Someone tell me what the issue is, please. I thought we just had a file error and were getting a do-over. I miss something?

14. bdub

bdub Walk On

I didn't play until after the file issue but lost, I am frustrated because Smooth get to play his game over and I don't. Its fine if I can't replay my game but I think we need to be fair about it.

15. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Do you want Smooth to sim a loss? The only reason he gets to replay is because his result was lost. If you have an issue with it, I think it's fair for him to have to sim a loss. I don't think games that have results on the current file should be thrown out.
    My vote would be to just let him play, but if that bothers people I would just say he should have to recreate his previous result.

16. bdub

bdub Walk On

OK never mind I'm obviously out of line in my opinion

17. jca312

jca312 Walk On

It's not that you're out of line, it's just that smooth has gotten the shaft on more than one occasion recently and it's a small bone that can be thrown his way. It doesn't even guarantee that he's going to benefit from it. I understand your frustration in losing and I see where you are coming from. I just thought it was a solid gesture by Ego and won't affect the NC picture or anything other than the Big Ten race. If Goose had a beef, I'd say it has to be simmed a loss. If you or anyone else didn't agree with it, I'd also say it needs to be simmed as a loss and we move on.

• Like Like x 3
  18. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Don't worry I had a HUGE week with him. Besides my fall back plan soft commited this week without an offer, I think I will be fine. But damn I want that kid in my back field.

19. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Really in the grand scheme of things, my team blows this year and I lost out a shit ton due to recruiting being missed due to my being 6 hours ahead. I've already had a sim loss over the holiday weekend to fricking Indiana.

I appreciate everyone else's understanding and throwing me a bone here. bdub, if it causes you that much heartache that the league leadership is giving me a break, for once, then fine. I'll take the loss and move on. I don't really care, its just unfortunate that for once I may get a bounce my way I get it up the ass again. Like JCA says, it'll have no impact to the NC race, and if Goose had a problem with it, I'd understand, but whatever man.

20. bdub

bdub Walk On

It's fine play your game.

• Like Like x 1
  21. egofailure

It seems like anyone who recruited before the file got re-done, lost their recruiting time for the week. Sorry for that, guys, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm included in this.

Good luck going forward.

22. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I'm all done with this week now.