Transfer Requests - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 5, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced to Transfer Requests

-Please mark ready to advance when ready. I cannot see who has transfers and who doesnt and EA doesnt auto-mark you ready even if you dont have any.
    -Does it make you accept them or do they automatically get added to your squad?
    -I know a few of you (goose, tanner) def are getting some sweet transfers

BTW... these count towards the 70 so be careful!

• Like Like x 1
  2. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Nothing for Rice....Next!?!

3. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Who would want to go to North Texas? No transfers here

4. TJM

TJM Walk On

Ill check later. Players wanna come play the with greatest show on turf.

5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Tanner - did you see that SMU lost Padron and their wideout. Houston replaces Keenum with an 86 overall junior qb. Not many weapons return.

I see one of us winning the west this year.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'll get mine when I get home. I haven't set up the email notice for this league yet so I didn't know we advanced. I am extremely sorry.
    Tulane gets some real ass kickers.

Hell UNLV got a SS I think.

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

nobody was smart enough to come to Bowling Green..next

8. TJM

TJM Walk On

I'll get to my transfers here in a few hours. Sounds like I got some good guys though, nice! These count toward the 70, so does that mean I cant take any of my transfers? I cant cut my 48ovr players for people that want to play for Tulane that was out of my control (unlike recruiting)?

Also good to see Houston and SMU take a hit as they completely destroyed me. Actually I beat Houston but SMU destroyd me.

9. vatechhokie01

way to hold up the league by not taking 2 seconds to puch "accept" you dbags, lol.

tanner, i take it you are already full with commitments?

But yes, this is true, they absolutely count towards your 70. The stress on recruiting care was mentioned a bunch and transfers are included on the league rules page. You gotta make room for possible transfers... this, along with some recruiting in the off-season of new players that show up on the board, is why it is almost always wise to leave 2 spots or so open going into the offseason. and no, we absolutely do not cut the worst guys on our team. you dont cut guys you gave a full-ride to cuz they don't pan out. some might do this in real life, but that is shady as hell.

way to listen, lol. your thoughts?

10. Goose

Goose Walk On

Sorry man, I didn't know we advanced to this stage or else I would have done it this morning. I'll accept my guy as soon as I'm home from work.

11. TJM

TJM Walk On

I think its dumb since we only have 70 players when IRL they have 85 schollys. I know this is an EA deal but being realistic wouldve Wisconsin said no to Russel Wilson? Considering real life we have 85 schollys and the game only allows 70, should mean we are allowed to get rid of the garbage 45ovr freshmen that will take a scholly up for 4 years when you could be bringing in your own talent through recruiting. 15 schollys are gone to players that prob. should have a scholly, but since you have those -50ovr freshmen in the game taking up 1 of 70, in a game IRL where they have 85 schollys. Instead we have talented players that want to play for your team, most likely in a position of need, but you say no (something that almost never happens unless the school actually does not have interest or academics, ala Tate Forcier). As much as cutting players sucks, it happens IRL a lot more than someone saying no to a talented tranfer player in a position of need.

Sucks I am in a big position of need at SS, but my pee wee football players have to stay on the team, in which many of these types of players do not end up playing near 4 years, but not in the game since its another EA thing like the 70 schollys.

It is what it is, the rules and thats what they are, thats just my opinion on transfers. Guess I'll be more careful and not recruit to 70 now.

I am completely fine with the rule, I just dont agree with it. Sort of like marriage and divorces without prenups, and most of the government

12. vatechhokie01

well tanner, first thing: NOW is clearly not the time to argue the rule. This itself compromises the integrity of the argument friend. I love you.

That said:
    -Yes, we only have 70 players and not 85. This makes your argument flawed on about 15 levels. I (and most) agree that 85 would be sweet. We don't have 85. And that changes the game, the setup, and the need for rules and boundaries. On same level, your argument opens it up to say in all things "recruit whoever you want, no recruiting rules! and to this...
    -You will not find a league on Tradition that doesnt come very very close to our rules. This matters... a lot. Kind of you vs. the world in your argument and again, not at a great time for the argument.
    -We all have sucky players and are all playing by the same rules.
    -I am always open (contrary to some belief) to discussing rule changes and ideas.... but not after you break one and need to save your butt

Eat the transfers or take the punishment. But know now that you self-disclosed before breaking the rule, if you "take" the punishment you are spitting in the face of the NCAA and your punishment will be increased. I love you.

(Hint: The added punishment to the already listed will definitely include "progress" pics and getting one rivalry game simmed. god I love this! Forgive me.)

• Like Like x 1
  13. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Current roster 56+1 transfer, yes a transfer from Ohio State Goose!.....so on next advance I'll have 57.....have 11 commits on scholarships so at 68...

Have 3 on the recruiting board, all offered scholarships.....so at the next advance, I'll have the chance to remove one of them?.....so as to only pick up two...be at 70.

14. Goose

Goose Walk On

yes gramps week 1 of recruiting you'll be able to drop one of those recruits.

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

In SimNation a Premier league on this site, we have a recruiting rule 1-7-70. Which is that you can sign 1 5* recruit, 7 4* recruits and sign no more than 70 total players at any time. We also have bonus recruits that do not go against you 1, or 7. They being the #1,2,3,10,20....etc until there are no more 4 * recruits but we're still not allowed to go over 70 total players. Most leagues don't even let you offer up more scholarships than you have room under 70 players. This way everyone is not just mindlessly recruiting. This rule makes you really have to breakdown the recruits to find the ones that fit into your program that you can sign. And we're all 5, and 6 star schools there.

I was in a league that let you recruit to 72 players but you had to cut to 68 for the regular season. The 70 player rule is nothing new and has been posted for quite sometime.

16. vatechhokie01

and to be SURE... i hate dealing how consequences in all honesty. especially as when you are new, it really is a tad confusing and you have to get the hang of it. but this is indeed part of being new. knowing you, this will never happen again...

but the flipside is worse... everyone else sacrificed players, made room, and planned according to these rules. if one guy gets to slide, unfair. not to mention that we have to enforce rules so that guys understand that they actually matter. and most...

LOVE the fact that there is some regulations on recruiting. like goose said, mindlessly recruiting or just doing whatever sucks. most think it a blast to have some rules to play by, knowing you get stuck in situations just like this. i mean, i have to admit, the fun part is that you got, what 3 transfers? Ive never in my life seen that. this kind of drama is fun! and it sucks... like getting fired after spending a year of investment because a file corrupts and you lose ALL of your 2nd-in-the-nation approval... but hey, its fun too. part of the suspense! so...

LEEEEE GOOOO!!!!! I love this game.

17. vatechhokie01

oh.. and sim nation sucks ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. TJM

TJM Walk On

This isnt about recruiting rules, im fine with the recruiting rules at 70 so as not to oversign. Just feel we should have an option to accept transfers. No worries, I will hold off on giving possibly deserved recruits schollys, about 3-4 schollys just in case of transfers. Not knowing what transfers you MIGHT get, kills some of the fun of recruiting since you might not give that 3* a scholly cause you need to just make sure if a transfer comes.

19. TJM

TJM Walk On

Sorry i have not played a full NCAA season in years, so I had no idea about transfers and how that worked. So thats my problem.

20. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Well Tanner, to be honest, we are usually always big schools so that doesnt happen much and thats where the rule was dreamt up. I think that rule may need to be tweaked since we are scrubs and might actually be getting transfers...

thoughts

• Like Like x 1
  21. TJM

TJM Walk On

I'm completely fine with the recruiting rules and think they are perfect (not oversigning and going crazy). But holding off of giving some recruits schollys because of the possibility of transfers. These transfers are also so much more important than a transfer to Penn State or other big school, when your trying to build a 1* prestige school.

22. TJM

TJM Walk On

Then again who knows how many will transfer FROM our schools now that we are recruiting and some of us prob. gave some promises. From what Ive read about promises like playing time, if you dont have them #1 on your depth chart for their position then you fail that promise this year.

23. Goose

Goose Walk On

All you have to do is hold off offering the scholly for a few guys, remember you get points each week based off of where you have the recruit on your board wether you call or not. Just call a few guys each week with out offering and you'll still rise up there list and can be number 1 without the scholly offer. Then if you don't get any transfers, offer them the scholly week 1 of offseason recruiting.

24. vatechhokie01

This is where we disagree perfectly. This is where the fun is. It's playing the game. If you "know" everything, no fun. Risk is involved.

25. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

What is the rule about how many you HAVE to carry. My roster started at 68. Are we just going to play, you cant cut anyone? If that is the case I can choose to offer those two extra schollys this year or some time dow the road.