Transition to Season Two

Discussion in 'The Final Countdown' started by IrishBearcat, Mar 19, 2014.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Austin1990
    -Cougars-
    recchem2000
    Bucs
    publik drunk
    MaxATX34
    UofCWildcat
    hornfaninbama
    Mike E
    BRUCE80
    charter04

Just wanted to forecast what we need to accomplish this week. With off-season being Sunday we have plenty of time for bowls (Need to be done by Sunday afternoon). From today until Sunday is now the time for slider testing. We've done it several ways in the past where users test them on their own and submit feedback/suggestions to me. If you're interested in helping out or not happy with the sliders I highly recommend participating. If we finish bowls early we'll do 12 hour off-season steps until Sunday too.

So in summary, here are the tasks that need to be taken care of heading into S2:

1. Finish Bowls (Sunday Afternoon = Max)
    2. Produce S2 Slider Set
    3. Off-Season Sunday March 23rd at 5 PM EST.
    4. Pre-Season (Max = Monday March 24th at 7 PM EST)

If everyone could please reply letting me know their interest in slider testing and their ability to make the scheduled time for off-season that would be great. I know it most likely won't work for everyone, but there is time to find a sub or it is able to be done over the computer. If the majority can't make it we will consider rescheduling.

Extremely pleased with our S1 efforts and can't wait to kick off S2. Also, congrats to Austin and the Cavaliers on winning the National Championship! Well deserved and extremely impressive.

2. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I can help with whatever

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I can make it, I have a Fantasy baseball draft Sunday but am a dominant multi-tasker.

I would like to help with sliders...but time wise it might be tough for me. I will not mention complain or anything about them again....Outside of having CPU QBs go 37-38 on me over the course of two games. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. IrishBearcat

Also everyone go check out the S1 Baylor Highlight Video Bucs created in his blog thread. Pure magma

• Like Like x 1
  5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Sunday at 2 in the afternoon for me is gonna be tough but I'll try. Why are we taking so long with the bowl games? Let's finish the bowl games and just do stages. I don't see the reason why we're taking a week for bowls. Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I can test sliders but I've only played 2 CPU games so it's hard for me to base them off that.

7. IrishBearcat

We really aren't allowing 5-6 days for bowl games as much as we finished the CCG Week on Monday. Most leagues do Sunday off-seasons, and we're one of those. I'm hoping we can finish the bowls ASAP and get most of the off-season done (or entirely finished) before Sunday.

Yeah man you'll probably be a better candidate after a full season of playing. No worries for you on the sliders. Thank you for offering though!

8. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Not sure if I'll be able to make a 5 o clock sunday... sunday is my PT day with the GF. I've never had an aptitude for slider testing and honestly I've adapted to these and if they keep the CPU competitive, which they have for the most part, than I can live with them.

Also FWIW I like the idea of finishing up the last few bowl games and starting to do the offseason in stages. Maybe 12,18 or 24 hour advances and we finish up on offseason night on sunday.

9. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

IrishBearcat

I am going out of town this weekend and I get back Sunday night at 11 PM EST so the offseason will be tough. I can try to do some of it online from the airport online during my layover in Chicago from 5 PM CST to 7:15 CST. Fortunately, my recruiting is done for the year and I dont want a new job or anything like that. Position changes is the only step I'm concerned about right now.

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I agree...get your games done so we can just start the off season and roll through it.

11. IrishBearcat

I guess it really comes down to the preference of each commissioner on how they want to run the off-season (1 day or 12 hr advances). We've always done the single-day off-season.

If the single-day off-season doesn't work for the majority then we will definitely consider the alternative. Like I said we just happened to advance to bowls early early Monday morning. When this has been the case in the past we've used it as a time for everyone to take their time with their bowls, test sliders, and recharge the batteries a little bit.

Say we would've stuck with the 48 hour max for bowls and done 12 hour off-season steps. That would've meant we would've advanced past bowls today. The 12 hour off-seasons take about 3-4 days. We still wouldn't be to Week 1 until Sunday night, more likely later. The difference in terms of time is zero.

We'll see what everyone's availability is like and how things go this season. If something doesn't work, I'm always open for change. In the same token, a commissioner makes the final decisions and it's very rare all are in agreement. Just wanted to clarify there was a method to my madness and we aren't randomly waiting 96 hours for bowls.

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'd help with sliders but I'm swamped for the weekend. Working 22.5 hours between Friday and Monday plus I got to make a cardboard chair for a class project by Thursday and am knocking it out this weekend between work. I'll be game Sunday for the Offseason and have my bowl done tomorrow night but aside from that I'm hosed. Once this chair is done, I'll be WAY more active. Just has been a stressful few weeks for this project. But I'm full go for season two

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

And I should mention I work till 3 on Sunday. Just for reference.

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I can make it on sunday np

Not interested in testing sliders. They are tough, but good. Ill be cool with whatever we use next season.