Traveling players

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by niuhuskie224, Oct 8, 2011.

1. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I have been told some of you bring your xbox on the road with you to get in games. I am going to start traveling for my company in a few weeks and was curious on...

How you connect to the internet?

How you pack the xbox?

Do you have issues getting the xbox through security?

Any helpful hints for traveling with my xbox?

Hope someone can be of some help here.

Scott

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    jms493
    Bondzai007

These are the guys that have done it most often.

Are you going to be driving or flying for your traveling, huskie?

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

When I have traveled with my xbox it is usually driving and to a vacation home with wifi. Connecting in hotels may be difficult as I have yet to be successful with that. Maybe be a Verizon 4g hotspot and then connect via wireless adapter. I have never flown with an xbox. I would get a slim and carry it on, I mean it is a computer. Good luck.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Connecting to the hotel internet is a bitch. At the Courtyard Marriott that I stay at I can't get through on their internet so I have to use the 4G mifi from my work. Also some hotels won't let you switch the input display on the tv. So you have to be careful there too.

As far as traveling with the box, I always put it in my checked bag wrapped up in my clothes.

5. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I had no trouble over the summer hooking up in hotels. I'll post what I did over the summer tonight.

6. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

What I did, and I can't remember who told me this, but I logged into the wifi through my laptop. I then went to the Alternate MAC Address on my 360, and typed in my laptop's. It worked every time. I even played a user vs. user game and had no trouble. I was able to even cut my laptop off.

7. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Thanks for the tips.

It will be a lot of flying. One week a month is what it looks like. Only two spots for now between now and the end of the year, Dallas and New Jersey.

User games will be tough i imagine. I figure as long as I can connect i can do off season nights or CPU games.

8. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm in the middle of going to Atlanta every two weeks for two weeks so I'm getting some serious hotel time logged. If it wasn't for my Mifi I wouldn't be able to play online.