Triefcta Hall of Fame - Nominees 2012-2013

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Nov 13, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

It is a little bit early but I wanted people to start thinking of players to nominate. Make sure you snap a picture of the player before your last game and get the career stats no later than the Players Leaving stage in offseason. After Players Leaving there is no way to go back and get those stats.

I am running the same thing in Legacy so for past examples you can go here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/legacy-hall-of-fame-class-of-2012-nominees.36751/

Please nominate graduating players who you feel should be enshrined in the Trifecta Hall of Fame. We should be able to easily beat the 3 nominees received in the first year over at the Legacy.

Couple rules before I get to the criteria
    - The player must be a graduating senior in order to qualify
    - Players who leave early can be nominated for the following season, just remember to save the player's information before we advance past Players Leaving in offseason
    - Please include as much information as possible on the player, I have provided an outline in the section below
    - I'd also like a picture for each athlete, so make sure to save one before the last game of this season
    - There is no limit on how many players can be nominated from 1 team.

After we have nominees the league will vote on which player or players should be inducted. It will work on a point scale which will be announced once I know the number of candidates. It is possible for more than one player to get in but it is also possible no players are elected during certain years.

Outline

---------

Name -

Overall rating - (at time of graduation/leaving)

Position -

Career Stats -

Awards Won -(in game awards i.e Heisman or league specific i.e Legacy MVP)

Team Accomplishments - (i.e bowl games won or conference championships)

Coach's Comment - (a description on why you feel this player has earned this honor)

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We are going to bowl games so make sure you have a pic of the player(s) you want to nominate. You will also want to post stats after you play your bowl your bowl game or before we advance past Player's Leaving.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm likely not nominating anyone from this years FSU team unless the career stats for EJ Manuel or Chris Thompson are mind blowing.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm not sure who I can nominate from OSU because all my great players are juniors or younger but might throw one out for the hell of it.

5. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

i'll post Garrett Gilbert and Chris Whaley(he is a JR and will probably leave after winning the heisman)

6. Vandermint

Vandermint Walk On

UNC won't be nominating anyone at this point.

7. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I will be nominating Jermie Calhoun

8. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

The University of Texas would like to formally submit two players as nominees for the 1st class of Trifecta Hall of Fame.

[​IMG]

Name: Garrett Gilbert

Overall Rating: 99

Position: Quarterback

Career Stats:
    184.2 - QB Career Rating
    617 - Completions
    974 - Attempts
    11,044 - Yards
    94 - Touchdowns
    31 - Interceptions
    63.3 - Completion Percentage

Awards - None

Team Accomplishments: (3) BIG XII CHAMPIONSHIPS, (2) BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS and an overall record as a starter of 40-2.

Coach' Comments:
    The Longhorns would not have had the early success they experienced without the leadership and arm of Garrett Gilbert. When Gilbert took over as a True Sophomore for the first 2 years the Horns' relied heavy on the passing game as they were weak at running back. In Gilbert's JR year he was 2nd in the NCAA in passing yards with over 4,200. He kept Texas winning as they were able to build up their stable of Running backs for the future. The Texas Longhorns won 2 of 3 BCS National Championships that Gilbert was the starter and all 3 BIG XII Conference Titles.

[​IMG]

Name: Chris Whaley ( leaving early as a RS-JR)

Overall Rating: 93

Position: Running Back

Carrer Stats:
    631 - Carries
    3,907 - Yards
    56 - Touchdowns

Awards:
    2012 Maxwell Award for the Best Football Player in the Country
    2012 Walter Camp Award for Player of the Year
    2012 Doak Walker Award for the Nations Best Running Back

Team Accomplishments: (3) BIG XII CHAMPIONSHIPS, (2) BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS and an overall record as a starter of 26-2.

Coach's Comments:
    Chris Whaley stepped into the starting role as a redshirt sophomore and led the Longhorns in rushing with 1,695 yards rushing and 22 touchdowns. He was able to give Texas balance on offense which opened things up for the passing game. Whaley's RS-JR year he put the Texas offense on his back and carried them to a Big XII Title and a BCS National Championship rushing for 2,212 yards and 34 touchdowns. Chris Whaley rushed for 363 yards in this year's Big XII Title game to put the Horn's into the BCS Title game.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will be nominating DT John Simon. Stats and hopefully photo to be uploaded when I get time to update.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I did have a player with stats but figured we could do it this way for year one. Gilbert gets in thanks to his numbers and championship trophies. Whaley will be in consideration for next year's award since that was the original plan. Hopefully we get a lot more submissions next season since most people will be in the league for at least their second full season.