Trifecta 14 Update

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Papa Perry, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Well guys, I'm gonna be honest: I didn't think I'd be back here ever, let alone be the commish. We've got a solid base group and I can't wait to see who else we can grab up once we're allowed to start recruiting. Couple of key thing I want to get out of the way:

1. Recruiting Difficulty - Can't be changed
    2. Gameplay Difficulty - Offense, Defense, H2H are all Heisman with custom sliders.
    3. Advancing - Advance schedule will be 72hr hard advance for both CPU and H2H games. Recruiting should be done in 24hrs I WILL NOT wait any longer. Once I learn about everyone's schedule it may be cut to 12hrs.
    4. Game Summaries - Everyone will be resposible for their own game summary. Even in H2H games I want each users perspective of the game. You will have 3 days to get your summary up which is plenty of time or you will be on AP until they are caught up.
    5. Recruit Signings - Everyone must post their signings for each week. Someone will be assigned the recruiting board to keep up with for all signings.
    6. Other Content - We will have Recruiting Board, Power Rankings, H2H Predictions, All-User Teams, and User HOF. Everyone will be given an opportunity to grab one of these up and opportunities to change will be given after each season.
    7. Player Swaying - Everyone will be allowed to be swayed back. Players involved in stat padding conspiracies will NOT be allowed to be swayed. In severe cases I may make you cut them.
    8. Recruiting - Due to the lockout features on recruiting and the newer shortened 2 week offseason recruiting, there will be know 5* or 4* calibur caps and you will be allowed to sign 20 recruits unless you have more than that leaving in which case you can sign to that number.
    9. Conference Setup - We will use 3 Conferences (B1G, ACC, SEC)
    10. Team Selection - I will handle who gets who. Once setup is decided everyone will PM me their Top 5 for each conference and I will try my best to get everyone at least their Top 3.
    11. Coaching Contracts - On by default.
    12. Fired Coaches - Anyone fired from their school will have to quit out and create a new coach at his school meaning his coach skills will start out at 0 again. That is unless he gets a job offer from a school within his division that he wouldn't mind moving to.
    13. Coach Skills - Game Management and Recruiting should be upgrade at a 3:1 ratio.
    14. Coach Progression - Will be on normal.
    15. Custom Playbooks - CPBs will NOT be allowed. These always turn into Multiple playbooks and I don't have the time to police it and don't want to police it.
    16. Offensive/Defensive Playbooks - Going to try something different for the sake of realism. First of all, off/def playbooks must be posted before playing week 1 game. Next, the only time your off/def playbook can be changed is when your off/def coordinator is fired or leaves. I realize this may not seem fair since you don't have control of them being fired but we can always revisit this later on.
    This is it for now. I'll add updates as we go.

charter04
    Jman
    Twister18
    Hokie Effect
    Gravity
    GMONEY 15

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Sounds good to me

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Looking forward to it!!

Papa Perry VT plays Bama week 1, just sayin......

• Like Like x 2
  4. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Sounds like a winner!

5. Papa Perry

Glad you mentioned that. I've gotta post about H2H games. In short, everyone will have 2 OOC H2H games if we go 2 or 3 conferences and everyone will have a week 1 H2H game. I'll add to the first post when I'm home this evening.

6. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Can't help but wonder what I've walked back into. hehe

7. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

You dirty old man. Sheesh.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hokie Effect

Warm welcome back to GMONEY 15 as he will be making his presence known all the way from Asia.....

Oh and its nice to hear from you too Jman and Gravity (y)

• Like Like x 2
  9. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Hokie Effect

Thanks and looking forward to battling with you guys in NCAA 14. Took a while to get Stanford rolling in NCAA 13. However when I did, dam those guys were sick on D. Those who know me and played against me I really like to make a statement on that side of the ball. ;)

10. Papa Perry

Some updates:

I have decided we will be doing 3 conferences: ACC, B1G, and SEC. (Notre Dame will be allowed and count as an ACC team but I haven't decided how I wanna do that yet).

Coaching Contracts will be turned ON to give the league some parity and allows offenses and defenses for CPU teams to change.

Fired coaches will have to quit out and create a new coach at his school meaning his coach skills will start out at 0 again.

Coach Skills progression will be set at the slowest rating.

Before the file is started I will make sure the OC/DC of each user team is set to 0 for all skills so we'll have an even playing field

No switching of teams will be allowed unless the coach is fired and wants a different team in the same division.

11. Papa Perry

More updates:

*Custom Playbooks - CPBs will NOT be allowed. These always turn into Multiple playbooks and I don't have the time to police it and don't want to police it.

*Offensive/Defensive Playbooks - Going to try something different for the sake of realism. First of all, off/def playbooks must be posted before playing week 1 game. Next, the only time your off/def playbook can be changed is when your off/def coordinator is fired or leaves. I realize this may not seem fair since you don't have control of them being fired but we can always revisit this later on.
    charter04
    Jman
    Twister18
    Hokie Effect
    Gravity
    GMONEY 15

• Like Like x 3
  12. Papa Perry

13. Hokie Effect

We ave a VERY solid roster of guys. Just sucks now knowing none of us will ever win the BCS title. Welcome back the bigg dawgg :banghead:

14. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

Hmm...I may be interested in doing something like this but I've never done an online dynasty before. Seems like 72 hours is more than enough time to get my game in. How do I go about getting involved in something like this?

15. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

I guess I should ask,

PS3 or 360?

16. Papa Perry

We're 360. I believe I've already seen that you're PS3?

17. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

Yes sir. I saw after my mouse hovered over this league that it's 360. My bad

18. Papa Perry

You're good man. Commisioners will start advertising openings soon if you can't find one.

19. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

May want to get ahold of bravejaf if you are wanting to try an online dynasty.

20. Hokie Effect

Any demo impression guys?!?! I know one thing, based on the demo VT is gonna kick Bama's ass August 31st!!!

Found running the ball to be a fun and different experiance. Having to wait for the holes to develop and timing the acceleration (LT) was a nice improvement. Really liking the animations. Passing game will take some getting use to. And the spread option teams are going to be deadly, lots of new plays. Really liekd the shovel options plays.

21. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Shovel options were cool as hell gonna be tough to defend. Only played one game though

22. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I'm really loving it. The cutting and foot planting are awesome. The player have weight to them. The blocking is better. Looking really forward to starting our dynasty.

23. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Obviously this is just a Demo but, I tested using aggressive gameplaning all game and if it stays as is we might have to not use it at all. I used VT v Bama on Heisman. It seemed to give guys a pretty good boost for me without much of a risk. They didn't break many tackles. We never got called for holding or any penalties. Our pass coverage was better. The only negative was we dropped more passes. We'll see how the retail is.

24. Papa Perry

I'm good with that. All game planning may be banned after a few test games with the final product

25. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Papa Perry I have a new member who joined 4th horseman and wants to do a second league where he can be his favorite team, Georgia. Should I send him your way or look elsewhere?

• Like Like x 1