Trifecta 2011 - "To Do" list for game release

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Trifecta 2011 - "To Do" list for game release

Here are my thoughts of things to play test once the game is released, please feel free to add anything you think I'm missing:
    • Game Clock - In 2010, nearly every TF dynasty used 7 minute quarters. In the demo there appeared to be a 'run off' between plays. We need to get an idea of what quarter length feels right.
    • Recruiting - We will need to test how good the CPU is at recruiting with the slider at AA or Heisman. I'm thinking that if a few of us try playing offline dynasties doing nothing but recruiting that would give us an idea of how hard it is to get the recruits you want from the CPU.
    • No huddle offense - We need some people to play test this in user games to get a feel for what kind of rules need to be implemented to balance out it's use.
    • Hybrid defenses (4-2-5, 3-3-5, 1-5-5) - Many leagues outlawed the 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 last year, and the 1-1-5 wasn't allowed in any OD that I'm aware of. This was mainly due to offensive blocking logic problems dealing with the S's at the line of scrimmage and that the SS's could unrealistically play the run but yet outrun slot WR's on routes. We need people to again play test this in user and CPU games to get a feel for if the issues have been fixed.
    • Level of difficulty - Shino has expressed wanting to play on Heisman, not sure how others feel. We should try testing out AA and Heisman with unadjusted sliders to see what the best starting point is.
    • Sliders - We need to play test in CPU games to determine if any of the sliders should be tweaked. Sliders will then be adjusted as needed over time.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I can play test the recruiting. I plan on doing that anyways so I can certainly compare the difficulty on the different levels.

I can also help in testing out game clock. I think we will need a bit longer this season from what I played in the demo. It seems this game allows a lot more time in between plays. Maybe this is made up for by run off, tough to tell in just 2 minute quarters.

I'll leave sliders to the experts. Those are not my strength so I would not be a good judge on that area.

3. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I will also assist in practicing Recruiting sliders. The more opinions the better. I think I'll use two teams in a dynasty like USC and ECU. If I recruit right I should be able to have a top 10 class with USC and maybe a top 50 class with ECU...

Game difficulty- I will assist in testing out sliders and game play. I know I can not create sliders, I can test them and post results. Currently I believe Heisman could be better for sliders, but if AA turns out to be best I'm all aboard.

Dru my question is are we doing this for T3 independently, or are you going to report our findings in a management meeting and then we will follow the general rule set of this site?

4. Dru50

There are some rules that are site wide (see the 1-5-5 defense), but for the most part each league is free to tweak their rules to fit the participant's wishes. The key here is that we are looking for sim gameplay as much as possible. I think you'll find that I tend to make my rules more 'black and white' than some other OD's, but that's because I think making the rules as clear as possible with examples when needed helps to alleviate any confusion.

That being said, I'm sure there is going to be ample discussion in the commissioner forum about early thoughts on recruiting/gameplay/sliders/etc. There was discussion on various sim gameplay points for NCAA 2010 all throughout the games lifecycle. Generally, the commissioner group tries to make sure that we are all on the same page.

5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I haven't talked to dru about this yet but I'll be hosting a TEST OD for some of us to play around with and do games and see how recruiting works. Mainly for recruiting but I also wanna see how well position changes a training results are this year. This will affect whether or not we'll change the position changes rules and guidelines.

6. Dru50

I think that would work well, assuming you could blast through multiple seasons quickly.

I plan on experimenting with recruiting/position changes/progression in an offline dynasty where all I will do is recruit. I figure I should be able to get through 5 seasons pretty quickly and get an idea of how the CPU fares in recruiting and how freshman in the initial rosters progress by the time they are seniors.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I can blast through multiple seasons in a few days if I'm just doing recruiting. I will try to do a dynasty with 2 teams, 1 power team and 1 lesser team. The game comes out on a Tuesday, since I'm off work I'll probably be spending 90% of my day on the game that day :).

8. Dru50

I'm trying to convince my wife to take the kids to her sisters place for that week. Unfortunately she saw through the ruse on why I want her to go that week. The look she gave me was classic - "You really want me to go out of town so you can play a video game?!?"

9. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

If you want Dru me and someone else can test out the gameplay settings. I'm pretty balanced maybe even heavy on the run so that might be something that I would be effective with. But whatever you guys want me to do.

10. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I can help ya with that Papa!

11. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I'm willing to test out the No Huddle and the hybrid defenses with someone. It may be moot as I am sure that will be covered in the TF league wide rules for OD. I'm also willing to help out in the test OD.

As far as heisman and AA goes I think it depends on if we want a challenge from the computer. In my experience the computer cheats its ass off on Heisman specially in close games but I am for whats best for the league. I also have enjoyed Heisman on the demo but I will reserve judgement till I see it in the full game

12. Dru50

Last year the 3-3-5 and 1-5-5 defenses were banned site wide, but many dynasties still allowed the 4-2-5 as a base defense. I'm fine with the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 with locomotion in this years game, since I don't think people will be able to crash the SS's against the run all game long without getting burned by the pass.

The 1-5-5 could be allowed occassionally if they've fixed the blocking logic when facing it. I don't think you could ever use the 1-5-5 as anything close to a base look however.

13. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

LOL... the funny thing is if those defense aren't effective in confusing the O-line AI like last year, then I doubt many people would run those formations...

The good thing was in the penn St. dynasty game vs Alabama that was posted... When the user came out in 3-3-5 Alabama Running game was crushing that defense. That was correct!! A big formation vs 6 in the box spread out, should easily dominate the run game!