Trifecta 2012 - Lets Hammer this out

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by 1ke, May 19, 2011.

1. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Alright boys. We know now of some huge news. Well bigger than huge. We have a feature in here that has made College Hoops 2k8 one of the greatest sports games ever.

Coaching Carousel
    (Keep in mind im not going to talk any about customization) Cuz its useless to me....lol

Now with this comes some details that need to hammered out. Like....uhhh first....

Are we going to use this to the fullest?

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

for the purposes of the trifecta I don't know what good it would do. But that's just my take.

3. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

So nobody's interested...lol?

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm kind of with Brian. I love the idea and will definitely use it offline, but don't see how it would be integrated into this league.

5. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I agree that these features will be awesome for my offline dynasty, and maybe a non-premiere dynasty. But for Trifecta I do not want to use these features.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah we should put together a non-premier league and give it a whirl.

• Like Like x 1
  7. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I would be in !

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I was going to mention that too. Non- premiere league and we would all take a smaller school in seperate conferences, have all cpu games, but customize the bowl tie ins so we would play in the bowl games. So with cpu games and recruiting only should be 24-48 hour max.

So I guess I am saying I am in too.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

You wanna run it? I think Slick is going to commish a newbie league and I assume the game will only let someone run one league (w/o the additional fee).

10. Hokie Effect

If no one else wants to I guess I could host it. Not sure run would be the appropriate word. I am more of an indian than a chief. But with our established group I think it would run itslef. And with the focus on the coaching carousel, I don't think there would be many issues as long as everyone is playing there games and recruiting. But I would like to think with the new aspect and focus it wouldn't be a problem getting cpu games in. Especially now that you can sim your games via dynasty wire. Obviously it would be nice to get some forum chatter every now and then. Guess we can get some more opinions on this.

11. BDSDIGITAL

if it's just going to be cpu games like hokie is suggesting (i think that's a really good idea btw) than I'd be in. I only wanted to do 2 leagues this year, but if a 3rd was all cpu games I could swing that without an issue.

12. Hokie Effect

Call the league the Prequel.

• Like Like x 2
  13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I could do an Urban Meyer impression: start with BGSU, move to Utah, then Florida, then "retire", then go to tOSU (which will happen when Tressel gets canned)

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm kind of amazed by the number of leagues who don't want to use what I consider the best addition to dynasty mode in 10 years.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hokie Effect

This would only work if everyone is in for the long haul. This would be a marathon league as I wouldn't expect to see much movement on the coaching carousel right away and it would be difficult finding replacements.

@Shaun Mason
    Dibs on the league name: The Prequel

16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The thing is...unless you fail you don't HAVE to move.

17. Hokie Effect

True but my interpretation of the carousel and the purpose of being in a league that woul emphasize that aspect would be to start of with a smaller school and work your way up to a bigger school.

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'd rather experiment with this is in offline mode or a side league, rather than my primary league. It does sound like a very good addition to the game.

19. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

If you guys need an extra, let me know (assuming it's non-premier). I'd love to be in a league like this, and I know the Tradition isn't going the CC route. Then again, I know @1ke is scared of playing me again. lol

20. BDSDIGITAL

Assuming no one in this group decides to change schools willingly though, we are basically talking about the ability to get fired correct? I have a hard time believing any of this group are going to get the axe. By year two the top 15 will be all 12 of us, TCU, Boise, and ND or something. I could see having it turned on, but I don't know that it would really impact what we are trying to do here.

However using it in Ryno's league, or in another league that is geared towards "build up" type programs this feature may be the greatest thing since streaming netflix.

I'm really looking forward to using the new feature in ryno's league, and in an offline dynasty as well. I think it will be super awesome. But it doesn't seem like a fit in your traditional OD. Just my 2 pennies.

And @The Parrothead: we're full already sorry ;)

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    It can be used however your league chooses, IMO.

If you want to start at Alabama, that's fine...but they will expect you to perform up to the Alabama standard...if not you get the door, which I think is realistic. I don't understand the people who are afraid to have consequence to performing well.

• Like Like x 1
  22. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Wasn't saying for the Trifecta, was saying for the potential non-premier league using CC. If that's what you were talking about, too, my apologies. I'm definitely staying in Tradition, just wanted to try out a non-premier league that utilized the CC option.

23. BDSDIGITAL

Whatever league you want in is full sir. :)

all kidding aside I was joking about the "prequel" being full.

disregard, poor delivery of that one.

• Like Like x 1
  24. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Nice. I was thinking you were saying everyone from this league was going to do the prequel, too, so you were full. Anyway, like I said, would love to get in this with you guys knowing that it wouldn't be our primary focus. I'm sure I'd play a majority of my games at work using the web function, so it wouldn't get in the way of my premier league.

25. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I'd be willing to run a side league if Hokie doesn't want to, I know we'd have a solid group of guys so it'd be fun. The carousel thing would be right up my alley, and I really want to be in a dynasty where I can start with a shitty team, and now the ability to work your way up is badass.

Plus, since I'm no longer coaching in real life I'll have plenty of time to dedicate back to the site. Just sayin I'd be willing.