Trifecta 2012 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'll expand upon this a bit more as I get to know some of you guys that I haven't played with before better. Also, if anyone knows of a good place to get logos for each team to liven this up a bit, I would love the assist (I'm not great at finding stuff like that).

User Power Rankings - Through Week 4

1. Penn State (4-0) - The defending national champion hasn't lost, and he will be #1 here as well until someone takes him out. The only team in the dynasty to beat Hokie are the boys down at Texas, but he's been on a roll for a season and a half.

2. Ohio State (4-0) - Brave may just be keeping this spot warm for someone else, as he hasn't shown the ability to even keep it close with Penn St, who the Buckeyes play in week 6. This team is young at QB, and the defense seems suspect, so I'm expecting him to drop out of the undefeated ranks soon.

3. Minnesota (4-0) - Beazus is having a great start to the season, but he's another guy who needs to prove that he can beat the Nittany Lions. Experience at QB with Marquise Gray helps run a high powered offense.

4. Texas (3-1) - If not the most talented team, then Slick has the 2nd best squad talent wise. An early season loss to the Buckeyes was a bit of a surprise. The Horns can play their way back into title contention if they take care of business in conference.

5. Nebraska (3-0) - Only behind Texas due to the quality of the lone Longhorn loss. The Huskers are a bit untested to me, but a game vs Oklahoma will give him the opportunity to prove his chops. Doesn't play Texas unless both get to the Big 12 title game.

6. Oklahoma (3-1) - Dropped an early season stunner to Minnesota, but controls his destiny to win his conference and challenge for a title shot. One of the more talented user teams.

7. Florida St (3-1) - Unfortunately I won't have a chance to play a user game until the ACC title game probably, but the upside is that by that point I should be 11-1 and hoping for some of the other big boys to knock each other off. Biggest challenge on the schedule is a season end game vs the Gators.

8. Notre Dame (4-1) - Good team, that I just don't know enough about, and I'm unfamiliar with their coach. As an independent, he has a bit of an easier schedule than most, and is pretty much guaranteed a BCS bowl berth.

9. UCLA (3-1) - Gave Texas all he could handle in his only defeat. Talent may not be there this year for a title run, but the Bruins are a sleeping giant if Perry starts fencing off California in recruiting.

10. Stanford (3-1) - See Notre Dame, except for the independent thing.

11. North Carolina (3-1) - See Stanford. I'm guessing I'll get to know him at the ACC title game.

12. Washington St (4-1) - See Stanford, but big props for trying to rescue his alma mater.

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'm gonna get those Huskers up there...can't wait to play Oklahoma

this what you're looking for?

3. Dru50

Yeah, thanks for the link TDF!

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Good job. I think we will see the cougs climb up these rankings.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Nice job Dru. I think Notre Dame would disagree with you on schedule as they played user games against #1 Penn State and Stanford. They also have an upcoming user game against Texas and CPU games against several ranked teams.

6. Dru50

I'll update the rankings in the next day or so, feel free to post why you think I may under/over-rate your team.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I have to assume I'll be #1 since I beat the other 3 teams that were ranked in the top 4. With all CPU games remaining an undefeated season is a near certainty, especially if D keeps giving up 2 yards per game :).

8. Dru50

yeah, you are the easy one to rank. It's ranking all the one loss teams that's the problem.

9. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

If it helps Dru you can just go ahead and put Texas at #2. I'm just sayin' ;)

10. Dru50

I meant to update this but got sick earlier this week then found out last night one of my dogs needs $2k worth of surgery, so I'm now sick again....

I'll get something in here today.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Texas, Penn State and Minnesota all have a legit arguement for #2, since they share 1 common factor and that is a loss to Ohio State :). Texas beat UCLA and Notre Dame, Penn State beat Notre Dame and Minnesota beat Oklahoma.

12. vBIG SLICKv

I haven't beat Notre Dame yet, I hope you didn't just jinx me! I play them next week when we advance.

13. Dru50

My arguments better, I lost to OSU to but you played the CPU, so how bout them apples?

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Well it may be a CPU team since Ceewo had to leave due to family obligations. I am looking for a replacement.

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Good point sir, but your team has no defense against CPU :)

16. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Dru, I know I'm the last one who needs to be asking for content but could we get an updated power rankings? Please?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dru50

and that is why FSU won't be #2.....:(

18. Dru50

I swear I will bitchslap you Perry....getting all salty cause you did one game summary....;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dru50

Trifecta Power Rankings – Through week 11
    1. Ohio State (Bravejaf) – He finally pulled the “I can’t beat Penn State” monkey off his back and clubbed it baby seal style. Barring a catastrophic collapse vs the CPU he should be one of the teams in the BCS title game.

2. Texas (Big Slick) – There is a log-jam of teams with one loss, and they all have something in common, a loss to OSU. Texas gets the nod purely due to talent at this point. They probably have the best talent out of the 1 loss group.

3. Penn State (Hokie Effect) – The run finally came to an end, and he still has a big game left vs Minnesota, who gave PSU all they could handle last year.

4. Oklahoma (Twist) – Big win vs Nebraska gives him the nod at #4. He’ll get his shot at Texas and if they both win out going into that game, the winner likely plays against Ohio State for all the marbles.

5. Minnesota (Beazus) – Just behind OU due to talent level of the teams. If he beats PSU he’ll have an argument to be higher, but his loss to OSU will keep him from really winning anything meaningful this season.

6. Nebraska (Blonde) – Good season thus far, but hasn’t played Texas in conference (and I’m not sure if he does) and lost to OU in a shootout.

7-9 (tied). Florida St (Dru) – While I have full confidence in my abilities as a coach, I’m also realistic. This team does not have the talent to compete with most of the schools in the 1-6 range on the defensive side of the ball.

North Carolina (Vandy) – Same issues as FSU. The ACC title game should be interesting….

UCLA (Perry) – Similar issues as FSU again. Good coach, not enough talent to really compete….

10. Stanford (Soda) – 3 losses puts him near the bottom, but a win head to head vs Wazzu keeps him from the cellar.

11. Washington St (Gowazzu) – 6-3 with this team is a good accomplishment.

20. vBIG SLICKv

Good job Dru.

Texas needs to handle its business in the Big XII Championship against OU and needs some help from Florida State to make it back to the National Title game for a rematch against Ohio State. I need Florida State to beat an undefeated Florida the last game of the season to give Florida 1 loss. Texas will face a difficult task in the Big XII Title game attempting to beat OU for the third straight season. OU is due a win against Texas!

21. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Nice job Dru on the power rankings. As for the post I quoted, I had to 'Like' both sides of this post. Perry having the balls to ask for content and your response both made me laugh.