Trifecta 2013 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Power Rankings - Through Week 4

1.[​IMG] - Pretty easy choice, lost the BCS title last year by a 2 pt conversion, returned almost everyone of consequence, and then beat OU and Texas this year already. He still has a huge conference game against Penn St, so the Buckeyes ain't out of the woods yet.

2.[​IMG] - Undefeated and putting up Colecovision numbers vs the CPU (averaging about 10 ypc as a team). Plays his first user game this week vs Minnesota, and then has Ohio St in a couple of weeks. This team has the talent to make a run, and the winner of the PSU/OSU game will be the BCS title favorite.

3.[​IMG] - Won a big game vs OU to put the Huskers in the driver seat for a shot at the Big 12 crown. Another option attack team like PSU that has been running roughshod on the CPU. Has a big game down the road vs Notre Dame that will likely have BCS title implications.

4.[​IMG] - I don't think this team has the talent to make a run, and is likely going to be set to make noise next year as we are starting a true freshman at QB and HB and several 1st year guys are playing on both sides of the ball. However, we are undefeated and beat a tough UCLA team already this season, which is more than the next two undefeated teams can say.

5.[​IMG] - Having Marquise Gray at QB makes this team a threat each week, but he still has to play PSU and OSU this year. He lucked out in playing a CPU controlled UNC team and evidently bribed the schedule maker to only give him 3 user games. If he beats PSU in week 5, watch out Buckeyes, cause it may be Leon's year.

6.[​IMG] - Undefeated but hasn't been tested vs a user opponent yet. The Irish season gets decided beginning in week 7, when they play USC, UNC, Nebraska and Texas in a 7 week stretch.

7.[​IMG] - His only loss is to the Buckeyes, and this is probably the most talented team in the land. I could definitely see Slick running the table and getting back into the BCS title game with 1 loss.

8.[​IMG] - The Trojans only loss was in week 2 to Texas, and that may be due mainly to Cole getting used to the new team. Still has Notre Dame, Wazzou and UCLA on the schedule, so he can make some noise in the national picture. However, I think playing in a relatively weak Pac 10 will probably prevent him from getting back into the title picture without some help.

9.[​IMG] - Perry has a good young team, and he avoids any of the big boys out of conference. The loss to FSU will hurt, but if he can beat USC and win the Pac 10 it will still be a successful year for the Bruins.

10.[​IMG] - Lost a lot of talent last year, but is finding ways to win each week (aside from a CPU controlled loss to Minnesota). The Tar Heel's season will likely come down to a matchup in the ACC title game vs FSU.

11.[​IMG] - Twist got raped by the CPU in the offseason by graduation, early departures and transfers. Couple that with early season losses to OSU and Nebraska, and it's looking like a rough year for the Sooners. With the Huskers not playing Texas this year, Oklahoma is likely shooting for at best a January bowl game this year if they can win out.

12.[​IMG] - Sorry, but I can't put this team any higher. They are the least talented team, but they fight hard each week. If Wazzou can get these guys to 8 wins that would be an impressive accomplishment.

2. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

great job dru, I really look forward to this power rankings

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Nice work as always Dru. That week 7 game between Ohio State/Penn State likely determines 1 spot in the National Title game. I of course can't overlook Leon and Minnesota. The Gophers are 1-0 in Columbus under Leon's reign.

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

You can't put my team higher, my defense stinks. No one can tackle, my quarterback fumbles the ball if someone tackles him, at times my offensive line cannot block anyone, my kicker can barely make a 30 yard field goal. Overall my team at the moment stinks. I know I have a good set of wide receivers, and I have a freight train at running back when he is healthy, but that is the only positves I can say at the moment. I need to beat Cal and Oregon to get things back on track. In addition, I may regret this, but I would put the Bruins ahead of the Trojans. Perry's team is much better than last year's squad.

5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Very nice work Dru, though with a stretch of cpu games, OU could be in the thick of it.

6. Dru50

Power Rankings - Through Week 11

1.[​IMG] - Knocked off conference foes Ohio State and Minnesota. The only thing standing between him and a return to the BCS title game is Florida St in week 12. The most talented team on paper, and putting up numbers to back it up (#1 total and rushing offense, averaging 8+ ypc as a team, top 10 in defense). Odds on favorite to run the table and win it all.

2.[​IMG] - He's been beating up on the CPU since his win vs OU, and will definitely face off vs Texas for the Big 12 title. With Notre Dame running for the hills, he has no user games remaining and should be undefeated entering the conference championships. The question is, can he knock Slick off the Big 12 perch?

3.[​IMG] - Personally, I'm happy to be undefeated at this point, but this team is less talented than most of the one loss teams and hasn't played any of the big boys yet. The game vs Penn St in week 12 and then the game vs OU in week 13 will tell the nation if the Noles are back. I could see me going 0-2 in those games, but I'm still the favorite to win the ACC again and get to a BCS bowl.

4.[​IMG] - The loss to PSU cost him the conference, but he's still the best of the 1 loss bunch, and if things fall right he could maybe luck into a rematch with Hokie for the title.
    5.[​IMG] - Still in the running, but it will all come down to the Big 12 title game vs Nebraska. He needs to root for the Huskers to be undefeated, hope for some other help and then pray that a win vs a likely #2 team is enough to get him to the big dance.

6a.[​IMG] - Get's the nod here mainly due to overall team talent. The game vs UCLA will decide the conference and I'm not convinced that the Trojans are the favorite in that matchup.

6b.[​IMG] - See USC above. Neither team can make the title, but the conference is definitely up for grabs.

8.[​IMG] - His only two losses are to teams in the top 5 in the nation. Strong showing again by Beazus, but will he ever get over the top? Losing Gray is going to be a big punch in the nuts to the Gophers this offseason.
    9.[​IMG] - Can't win his side of the conference, but he can get a measure of revenge when the Seminoles come to town in the last week of the year.
    10.[​IMG] - The wheels have completely fallen off in Chapel Hill, as the Heels have lost 3 of their last 4 CPU games. They have to hope for some help to get into the CCG and need to win out to be bowl eligible.
    11.[​IMG] - Another team that's had a rough stretch in conference. He's rebuilding and I think will get it turned around and be in the top half of the Pac-10 next year.

Incomplete - Oklahoma St - sorry Jman, but you haven't played anyone so you'll have to wait until next season to be included.

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Hey Wazzu isn't #12 anymore! haha

Good job Dru, can't wait to take on Texas in the Big 12 Championship...I have a feeling NOBODY will pick me to win, I'm usually the underdog in user matchups around here lol so can't wait to try and prove the critics wrong

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

This season has been very frustrating, the inability of my defense to tackle has probably caused some gray hairs and a lot of cuss words to come out of my mouth. I agree with Dru, I think next year I will have this thing turned around and finish in the top half of my conference. I may even not turn the ball over in in the first thirty seconds against Perry like I have the past two times.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

It would be nice to get a shot at redemption against Penn State, but I think Big 12 conference championship winner gets that spot. I have a feeling Texas will jump OSU in BCS standings even with the early season loss to the Buckeyes. If Nebraska wins out they are obviously going to the big game.

10. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I see spu WVU winning out and Texas beating Nebraska. Which means Penn State would be handed the BCS title on a platter facing WVU for the championship. I am routing for Nebraska as it would be nice to face a user for the title, plus I haven't played them yet.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I don't think one person has me beating Texas :)

12. Dru50

someones gotta beat Texas before anyone is gonna pick against em in that conference.