Trifecta - Future of the Dynasty Discussion (ALL READ PLEASE)

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Trifecta - Future of the Dynasty Discussion (ALL READ PLEASE)

First off, hello to everyone and I look forward to competing with all of you and taking this dynasty back in the right direction.

All right, down to business. We need to get the following items discussed so we can determine how to proceed.

1) - Who is in, who is out?
    I need a roll call of who is still in the dynasty so that we can figure out the number of open spots. Please post here ASAP.

2) - What is the future of the dynasty?
    I know several of you have mentioned that you really want to keep the teams you've built, which I completely understand. However, depending on the number of openings we have, we should discuss the possibility of rebooting the dynasty. It's much harder to find people who will come in and stay dedicated to a team if they have a team they aren't really into at the start. I'm not mandating a reboot, but I really want some opinions from those of you that are still in the dynasty.

3) - Schedule going forward.
    I will be out of town for work from 1/17 to 1/22, so ideally I'd like to get resolved 1 & 2 so that we can hopefully start up before I leave. Please check this forum as frequently as you can the next couple of days and I am going to try and make myself available on AIM during the day at work (PM me with your AIM ID if you have one).

Thanks again to all and I look forward to a bright future for the Trifecta.

PS - If any of you have RaveDown on your LIVE friends list, please ask him to add me as any random team to the dynasty so that I can save an offline version in the event we decide to continue where you all are at.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im in. As for the reboot, I could go either way. I've only played one game with the Buffs, so restarting for me would not be a big deal.

3. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

If we do reboot how about the original gangsta's get first pick of teams? I would also like to lead the charge against being the games "Super Powers." I think being teams like Texas, USC and Florida(just to name a few) just isnt that much fun. The last time I think we started with 3 or 4 star BCS teams,which worked pretty well until we lost our commish.(twice)

4. Dru50

Here is my initial thoughts on a set-up if everyone thinks a reboot is a good idea.

We go with 12 teams split amongst the 3 BCS conferences that do not play a championship game - Pac 10, Big 10 and Big East. The traditional power teams would be out. In my mind that would include USC, Oregon, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, and possibly West Virginia. If people want a suitable lower tier team moved into one of those conferences we could discuss that as well.

The other thing I would change is a move to all-american difficulty and an adjustment to sliders to be more in line with some of the other TF dynasties. Again, that is up for discussion.

EDIT: I realized I didn't answer your question, I have no problem giving the existing members first choice in the event of a reboot.

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Interesting little quandary we have here. I would be interested in sticking around if we kept going as is or if we restarted with power squads. I think you can still have a good time with the better schools (see T1). If the decision ends up being to reboot and still use the same caliber of teams, I will probably drop.

I've stuck around mainly to be the team I support IRL and it's been alot of fun. I doubt I'd be able to scrape up the interest to throw away my team for the hell of it and do the same format all over again. But whatever the majority decide on should be what the league rolls with. Just my two cents.

6. Dru50

Thanks Blaza for the input. I'm fine with whatever the group decides. I agree power schools can be fun, that's what we do in Coast 2 Coast and its great.

The key is getting something that 12 of us want to do long term.

7. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Personally, I would love to keep things going.

I forgot to mention that in my original post. I also think that if we do restart I like Dru's idea.

8. Dru50

OK, here is where we are at so far:

Players who have confirmed they are in:
    EaglesIrish
    Mcyork
    Blaza
    Recchem2000
    KnighNoles
    Marcman777

Players who haven't chimed in:
    Bruce80 (who I believe was in favor of a reboot)
    GoGators (Drifter said he was invited to join prior to RaveDown leaving)

Players who are out:
    JMan
    Papa Perry

Can one of you who've been in this for a bit let me know who hasn't posted one way or the other.

From the discussion so far it seems that only Blaza, KnighNoles and Eagles are in favor of staying as is. I'm just not certain that's going to be enough to be able to keep interest going. If the three of you want to reach out to any others that haven't posted yet, please do so. That way we can figure out one way or the other.

From those that have stated they might prefer a reboot, we have one potential issue. Blaza said he would stay if people could be any team, while Eagles said he was unlikely to stay if we used such teams. I think a dynasty can be fun either way, Coast 2 Coast is awesome and we use all the traditional powers. Even if you go with lesser schools (such as in Climb the Ladder), the user teams end up dominating the polls anyway. Do either of you have any wiggle room in your opinion on this such that we can come to a compromise? KnighNoles said he would like to use Pittsburgh in a restart scenario regardless of the level of schools we make available.

In any case, I'm want to give people until tomorrow night to chime in and then I'll talk to Drifter about opening this up for qualified candidates. I head out of town on Sunday night and I want this up and running by then, one way or another.

Thanks.

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I'm in and I want Eagle and Blaza also. If we do move to powers I'm taking a lesser team if we move that way. If not I love my UVA team also

10. Dru50

Way to straddle the line Knight. You could be a politician.(y)

11. Dru50

All - if you want to discuss anything pertaining to the dynasty I am on AIM today at work. My name on there is my email address (dholoubek@yahoo.com) - I think. I'm a bit new at AIM.

If you can't reach me, post your AIM name in a PM to me and I will reach out to you.

Thanks.

12. Blaza

Dru, I think all of the legacy members have voiced their stance.

As new commish, it's up to you bro, just make a call and we'll roll with it.

13. Dru50

Thanks Blaza.

Obviously if Bruce80/GoGators are still interested in participating in this thing, they will be considered to be members of the 'old school' and given some preference when it comes to picking teams.

I think that in the effort to make this a dynasty that a) can keep the current participants active and engaged, and b) attract new members that will be meaningful long-term contributors, I'm recommending we use the following set up.

12 teams, any team is allowed. We will have the teams split into 3 conferences, and will move teams into conferences that make geographic sense if needed. Each team will also have at least one out of conference user game.

Please post here if you have any significant concerns about this Eagles, I'd like to try and keep you around. Perhaps if using a power team isn't for you, you can go the route of Noles and pick a next tier team for the challenge of knocking off the big boys. You can hit me on AIM if you'd like to discuss further.

For now, please start posting your top 3 team choices (in order of preference). I'm going to start reaching out to people I think would be good candidates to join this dynasty so we can get this thing rolling.

14. Blaza

My top 3:

Southern California
    Texas
    Oregon

15. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

I'm in. I'd like to continue the way it is but if we reboot thats fine. My only thing is the Big East. I've been in leagues where you can run the table in the Big East and not have a shot at the title. Don't know if this year is like that cuz i haven't been a Big East team yet. If they changed it from last year, then thats fine. But i have a lot vested in my current team and like where I have taken them.

16. Dru50

Good to hear from you marcmann. I understand your concern about the restart, but it seems like trying to add people in the middle hasn't been much of a success so far, and I think our best shot of having a dynasty that keeps up interest into and through NCAA 2011 is to gather a good group and start from scratch.

Regarding the big east concern, I hear ya, and that's why I proposed the idea of having all teams be in 3 conferences (4 per conference). For example, if Noles picks Pitt and no one else takes a Big East team, he will be moved into another conference. I'm going to try and stick with something that will make geographic sense, but there may be some quirks as people pick teams.

17. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Sounds good.

1-TCU
    2-Boise St.
    3-Oregan

18. Dru50

I just heard from GoGators (who was invited to join the dynasty right before RaveDown left) and he is still interested in joining up.

If everyone who is interested posts their team choices today I might be able to get us started in preseason tonight while I nail down all the remaining openings.

19. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

1.Miami
    2.Miami
    3.Miami
    I'm not gonna take my ball and go home if I don't get Miami but I really would like to play with the Canes.
    2.Michigan
    3.Louisville
    I am against Moving teams. I am old school I like teams in their right conference.

20. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm kind of indifferent on which team I am. I'd like to also take a lesser power team, (I'm UF in my other one), and build them up a little. I'd like to know which conferences we will use before I choose.

A rough draft of teams I wouldn't mind using would be:

Cincinnatti (I'm not sure what their prestige is in the game, if it's too high I wouldn't want them)
    Michigan St
    Georgia Tech
    Utah
    Western Michigan
    Texas Tech

Basically, somebody with cool uni's and a cool stadium. Any suggestions? I might be forgetting someone.

21. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Pittsburgh
    Cal
    South Florida

I also am indifferent about custom conferences and like how it's suppose to be but if we lean that way then I'll be cool with it

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Tennessee
    Michigan
    Arizona State

23. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Looks like I'm in the mix here too!

Texas
    USF
    Boston College (BC vs. Miami York?)

Im open to any conference/team though (I'd like it to be BCS). So if someone is left alone in a BCS conference I wouldn't mind being a team in their conf to make it even.

24. Blaza

It looks like there is more interest in the Big East than we anticipated. I'm thinking that would greatly reduce the chance of the Big East Champ getting no love in the Dance.

25. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'd be against the conference customizations unless they were actually feasible.

i.e. Boise St in the Pac 10 or MWC
    ND in the Big 10
    TCU in the Big 12