Trifecta Hall of Fame - Inductees

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Jan 10, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Jul 13, 2009

Name: Garrett Gilbert

Overall Rating: 99

Position: Quarterback

Career Stats:
    184.2 - QB Career Rating
    617 - Completions
    974 - Attempts
    11,044 - Yards
    94 - Touchdowns
    31 - Interceptions
    63.3 - Completion Percentage

Awards - None

Team Accomplishments: (3) BIG XII CHAMPIONSHIPS, (2) BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS and an overall record as a starter of 40-2.

Name: Chris Whaley ( leaving early as a RS-JR)

Overall Rating: 93

Position: Running Back

Carrer Stats:
    631 - Carries
    3,907 - Yards
    56 - Touchdowns

2012 Maxwell Award for the Best Football Player in the Country
    2012 Walter Camp Award for Player of the Year
    2012 Doak Walker Award for the Nations Best Running Back

Team Accomplishments: (3) BIG XII CHAMPIONSHIPS, (2) BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS and an overall record as a starter of 26-2.

Name: Tom Wort

Position: Middle linebacker

Career Stats:
    269 Solo tackles
    158 Tackles for loss
    32 Sacks
    3 Interceptions
    6 Pass deflections
    14 Fumbles forced
    4 Fumble recovery
    1 safety
    1 TD

Name: Robert Jiles

Overall Rating 84

Position: WR

Career Stats 217 receptions, 3320 yards, 15.2 YPC, 25 TDS

Jiles holds the records for single season and career receptions, single season and career reception yards at WSU

Coach's Comment: When I took over WSU going to Season 3, I knew the only way this team would turn around was by passing the ball. In the third game of the season 3 Robert Jiles shined as I believe he caught 10 receptions and the game winner against Clemson which was ranked #8th at the time. At that moment I knew I had someone special. His overall rating may not be the highest, but he was by the far the best receiver I have had at WSU. Lastly, when I took over this program it was only a 2 star program, now as Jiles graduates this team is a 4-5 star program and a lot of this progress would not have been possible without Robert Jiles.

FSU DE Jeremy Miller

Overall Rating - 94

Career Stats - 111 tackles, 83 TFL, 44.5 sacks (FSU record), 22 sacks in 2013 (FSU single season record)

Awards Won - 3 ACC titles (2012-2014), 2013 Bednarik, 2013 Nagurski, 2013 Lombardi, 2 time 2nd team AA (2012, 2014) 1 time 1st team AA (2013)

Coach's Comment - Miller was one of only two playmakers on a rebuilding FSU defense for the past 2 seasons, and it wasn't until this season that he actually had some other athletes (although young ones) on that side of the ball to help he and MLB Chris Wright. He was great at getting pressure off the edge and also made several key plays over the past 3 seasons. Just a good all around DE that is likely the best to play at FSU when you look at the whole body of work.

Name - Sean Salas

Overall rating - 98 OVR (RS) JR

Position - Tailback

Career Stats - 536 carries, 3443 yards, 6.4 ypc, 40 td's

Awards Won - Trifecta 2014 MVP

Team Accomplishments - In the two years as coach Sean lead us to two straight conference titles and this seasons Rose Bowl victory.

Coach's Comment - Sean Salas put up great numbers in our system despite being part of a 3 man rotation the past two years. With an extremely shaky quarterback situation teams were stacking the box but Salas had numerous runs where he would just run over, through and around defenders on his way to first down after first down. Salas leaves behind a great legacy at USC and begins the new era of "Tailback U"
  2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Jul 13, 2009
    Updated with 2014-2015 Class
  3. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Mar 21, 2010
    Guys, don't forget if you have HoF nominees to get their stats before the offseason.
  4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Sep 13, 2009
    damn-good thought slick, I totally forgot about that...