Triple option

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by whygodwhy1111, Mar 29, 2011.

1. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I want to go to a fleXbox One playbook next year but I know I will be misrable if ppl time my snap to user tackle the qb before he has a chance to hand the ball off to even the first option on the triple option. Normally you can just wait a little or use a snap count to prevent a LB or Saftey from timing the snap to tackle your QB undercenter. But with the common motion for the fleXbox One it gets really easy to hit the qb instantly.

Would you guys be cool with a rule to not allow users to sprint at the line when motion starts in the fleXbox One? I could probably get by without it but I will have to run the clock constantly doing fake motion on every play so the defense can not time the snap when i call a play with real motion. But even then i will have to remove most motion plays from short yardage situations.

2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

its my opinion that when you choose an particular offense, then you choose both it's strengths and its drawbacks.

now, I may have missed the point here, but it seems like you are wanting to choose and offense and then protect yourself from the weaknesses. Furthermore, I think that most of us here play straight enough to not exploit you if you choose to run the wishbone. For instance, if you played against me you would find no problems because I mostly use a DE.

I guess what I'm saying is that a rule is unnecessary. However, if you're asking for a courtesy from us to not exploit the game, I think that would be a fair request.

3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

FleXbox One not wishbone. There is not motion in wishbone, nor entire playbooks dedicated to it.

Its an exploit that results in qb sacks on running plays and it work really often. Prehaps I should not being telling ppl about it but I suspect I would see it if I didn't. I guess if ppl really want to do it I can take steps to mask what I am doing, but this will be tedious for both parties... extremely tedious... Like chew lots of clock, no huddle, audible and motion every play tedious.

So I ask that ppl not do it.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

As a general sim rule, there shouldn't be safeties crashing the line of scrimmage every play, regardless of playbook.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Right...I think we dont need a rule, but those user controlling a safety need to stay back from the LOS anyways. I usually use a LB so Im gonna be up there. Hokie ran the triple option in the SE last season and some games it worked well for him and others, he got shut down. I think its just the nature of the offense. I don't want to start adding rules. WGW, if you want to run this offense, and the user starts bringing his safeties down every play, pause the game and let them know thats not cool. Other than that, everything else is fair game against a run heavy offense like that, IMO.

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

LBs can do it just as easily as safteys. I am not trying to say that you should not charge the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped or even have your lb on the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped. I just don't like it when ppl time the snap based on motion (running full speed between the center and guard as the ball is snaped) so that they can tackle the QB the instant he gets the ball from center.

Now that I have announced how to stop my own offense, I guess I will just run lots of fake motion and audibles (because you can not fake motion on a play with motion). I doubt I could really stop someone with fake motion but maybe they will get so tired of me doing it they will stop charging the qb when they see motion.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Really I dont think this will be an issue. Like I said, if you think someone is playing this way, which is cheezy IMO, call them out on it. If they dont stop, let me know. Adding a rule for this is just unnecessary at this point. You don't need to run lots of motion and fake audibles.

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I wouldn't have thought to do it.......I'd be too afraid to get an offsides.

9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

the timing is the same on all motion plays, its easy to do.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Its your choice to run that offense. Like I said, if someone is abusing it with their LB's or safeties, pause the game and let them know. If it continues, let me know and I will deal with them accordingly.

11. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

This isn't going to be a problem with our dudes here ;)