Trouble getting OD game in

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Fumanchew, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Fumanchew

Fumanchew Walk On

Trouble getting OD game in

Me and another user have tried to get our game in 3 times now but we keep losing connection. It happens every time whenever he scores and we come out the playbook screen to kick the FG. We tried switching who invites and both of us resetting our internet but to no avail. Anyone else have this problem and was able to fix it?

2. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

can you play regular ranked games? like not in an OD?

What about games like COD, and whatnot.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Its most likely a router config problem. If you want to save yourself a lot of time and hassle, just bypass your router AND have him bypass his. If it still drops, I would talk to your ISP. If you know what you're doing, I would suggest doing some research and finding a remedy. There are all sorts of little guides out there to help you.

I had this problem recently and called Time Warner. They swore up and down nothing was wrong but its funny that 2 weeks later I've only dropped once from a game whereas before I was dropped 2, 3, 4 times a day.

4. Fumanchew

Fumanchew Walk On

I can play other user vs user games fine and any cod/nhl is fine. I'll try bypassing the router today and see if that's the problem.

5. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

hmm ya try just going straight into the modem, but im not sure if thats gonna make a difference.

6. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I had a similar issue where all games would work, except EA games. It would either be present as soon as the challenge was received or during the game.

The fix was to setup the 360 into a DMZ. For anyone who is nervous about putting their console in the DMZ, its a non-issue.

Now I never have any trouble linking together and playing behind my modem and router.

7. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I don't think that was the issue here. I'm the other guy who was playing in the game and everything works fine for every game I'm playing (including another user v user OD game) except for this one where it disconnects only when I come out for an extra point.

8. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Understood, but unless you make some changes - including but not limited to, my suggestion - the issue is not going to go away by itself. I suggest one of you make some changes, if nothing, the other does the same change, if nothing, you both make the change. You need to start somewhere in order to isolate.