Trucking

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Jan 10, 2012.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Can someone explain how this is suppose to work? I used my FB last night in some short yardage situations and at the end of the game to kill the clock. The guy has 81 strength, 81 truck and 88 break tackle. One play in particular, I got him through the LOS and had a 10 yard head start before running head on with Nevada's FS. I hit the truck stick to try to bowl the guy over, and the FS literally stood my FB up in his tracks. Is there some sort of trick to the truck stick? Or is this just the way the game works with its lack of physics? I've never had big backs so this is kinda new to me.

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Really depends on the player. When i had Gregg Nwoko, he would be able to do it himself, or if i did the truck stick. I've had RBs since but they just don't have what he had. I keep looking to see what makes em good like him :'(

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Go to practice. You need to hit the truck stick a lot earlier than you'd think. Find a guy with high trucking and in practice work on your timing. A guy with high trucking and hitting the stick early enough (which isn't always possible with S early as you need to do it) will usually fall forward.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'll be honest, I'm not even sure what the truck stick should look like when it works. Are we talking Jerome Bettis running right over guys? I never get that out of this game. The best I get is a wiggle wiggle and shake the tackle, or more often just fall forward for another yard or two.

5. dakota7

Which I assume has more to do with break tackle rating than truck rating.

6. GoGators

I'll try that out, but I'm pretty sure I hit it plenty early. Usually I've had as much as my FB running in the animation with his head down and it still happens. Maybe I'm hitting it too early?

7. GoGators

This is kinda what I feared. I feel that it has more to do simply with ratings than anything the user is inputting into the game.

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

hold RB + UP on right thumbstick.

It doesnt happen often. Not sure if you have to time the forward lean or not, but I've pulled the classic "make-them-go-flying" truck like that.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  9. dakota7

Intruder alert!

10. GoGators

So cover up and truck?

Doesn't make sense logically, but I'll give it a try and see if it works.

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Yes, cover and hold up on the right thumbstick. Try to time the lean. try with and without turbo

12. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Need @biLL flo to chime in on this he seems to have it down pat

13. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I use the left and right jukes but not the truck so much. If I ever have ran anyone over, it was by accident. But if you got your ankles broken in the hole or whiffed through an arm tackle, that definitely on purpose!

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

All about timing

15. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

well I gues I'm about to find out :eek:

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

No you aren't. These HB can't truck nearly as good as Wright could.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

I did it (RB+RS) with Nelson but EA wouldn't let me view the replay because it was only a 15 yard gain :mad:

18. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

In my mind, these 2 attributes are the same thing. In fact, I personally believe break tackle is really the important one here whereas trucking is much less effective, if at all.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

They're 2 differernt things. Trucking is how well the runner can run someone over/fall forward. Break tackle is how well they can breat tackles. This can be either by powering guys over with high trucking or by being shifty with high elusiveness. I've read a dev say that ELU and BTK are used together and I'm very sure they said that power runners use TRK with BTK, but I'm not positive. As an example, last season, Bryan Stephens had easily my most broken tackles and he has 68 TRK, 83 BTK, but 98 ELU. It's because of his extremely high elusiveness combined with his high BTK that gave him so many broken tackles.

20. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

So RB + RS does work? That would explain why my RB Kenny Hilliard last year was completely ineffective. He was 250 lbs. and had a high-90's truck rating and he couldn't break a tackle to save his life with the exception of some sort of off-balance spin move that was so slow it gave the other defenders plenty of time to tackle him before he went anywhere.