TSO Cup Results

Discussion in 'TCL: Tradition Cup Events' started by niuhuskie224, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

2. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Be sure to also capture all goals, assists, cards and MoM's.

3. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

1 Borussia Dortmund v Napoli 2​
    Dortmund​
    :goal: Blaszczykowski 74' :assist: Marco Reus​
    Napoli​
    :goal: Cavani 60':assist: Pandev​
    :goal: Cavani 90':assist: Insigne​
    :trophy:Cavani​
    lineupDortmund.jpg lineupNapolivDortmund.jpg
    1 Goals 2​
    9 Shots 19​
    4 Shots on Target 10​
    50% Possession 50%​
    16 Tackles 16​
    2 Fouls 3​
    0 Corners 3​
    An evenly matched game turned into an absolute heart breaker for the hard working German side. The game started off very even with both teams wasting very promising chances. In the 6th minute, a beautiful Vargas cross found Hamsik on the back post with the goal gaping from 3 yards away but Hamsik got his geometry all wrong and hit the post from the acute angle. Minutes later, Dortmund threw in a cross of their own but their attacker tried to get too fancy and kicked the bicycle kick straight at De Sanctis. Moments later, Vargas got down the left and split two defenders with the far post seemingly gaping from 5 yards out, however, the little Chilean eliminated the angle by shooting with his left and it was easily saved. Vargas also had 3 teammates waiting in the box but failed to look up and spot them for a tap in. Short after, it was Dortmund's turn to attack but a header was sent straight at De Sanctis again. The first half was marred with misses, Napoli's being close range shots that went wide and Dortmund's being bicycle kicks or headers straight at De Sanctis. At half, it was 0-0. The second half began with much of the same, Dortmund looking for the beautiful goal and failing to find a corner because of it and Napoli just missing the target until the 60th minute when Pandev whipped in a cross for Cavani who jumped in front of a frozen Dortmund defender to head inches wide of Weidenfeller's fingertips. Weidenfeller probably should have made the save but unfortunately for Dortmund, his reactions were off by milliseconds. Dortmund had no interest in fading away into the night though and they kept fighting with a well organized defense which constantly pressured the Napoli midfield and then quickly countering down the flanks once they gained possession. It finally paid off when Marco Reus received a long clearance and ran down the left flank before splitting two defenders with a beautiful pass at the end line which "Kuba" tapped home to make it 1-1. Both teams fought for the winner but it was Cavani in the 90th minute who struck to shatter the hopes and dreams of Dortmund fans and players. Super sub Insigne got down the right and ran to the end line before noticing the Dortmund back line backing off Cavani who was waiting at the penalty spot. Insigne made the pass and Cavani struck it falling away and it sailed into the top left corner, much to Napoli's manager's relief. It could have easily went either way as both teams wasted great chances but it's Napoli which moves on to face Valencia. Great game Jon MK

4. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

That was a modified 4-3-3, as an FYI... Went back to it after playing the 4-2-3-1, and its still let's me run my offense wide the fuck open. I had a great time just poor results

5. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Meh, football manager calls it a 4-1-2-2-1 so I do too! Unfortunately I can only see the formation the game decides to display at the end of the game, I can't tell if it was changed or what anyone started with. That's the downfall of making starting lineups.

6. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

3 Napoli v Valencia 1

Napoli

:goal: Gamberini 4' :assist:Hamsik
    :goal: Vargas 20' :assist: Cavani
    :goal: Hamsik 65' :assist: Cavani

:yellowcard: Cannavaro 33'

:trophy:Hamsik 9.6

Valencia

:goal: Jonas 10' :assist: Piatti

:yellowcard: Victor Ruiz 2'

lineupNapolivValencia2.jpg lineupValencia2.jpg

3 Goals 1​
    21 Shots 7​
    15 Shots on Target 4​
    46% Possession 54%​
    14 Tackles 21​
    2 fouls 2​
    1 Yellow 1​
    6 Corner 1​
    Probably shouldn't have played this game when we did because I was in a big hurry and that hurry carried over into the game as I was playing way too fast like it would actually speed up the clock or something. I didn't take any time to build up and I pressured him more than I would have which I apologized to him for. That being said, Napoli still found the goal just enough times to get the win. It was a rough star for Valencia as Napoli found themselves with a great opportunity in the 1st minute but Victor Ruiz cut down the 1v1 chance at the edge of the box to earn a yellow. The following free kick rattled the cross bar and Napoli failed to jump on the rebound. However, 2 minutes later, they got their goal when a corner found Gamberini who headed it home. Napoli continued to threaten but could't get it passed Guaita who was in fine form and Valencia made them pay, scoring on what was mostly their first shot. Piatti found Jonas who powered it into the corner. 1-1. Vargas gave Napoli the lead again in the 20th minute but I honestly can't remember what happened on that goal....All I know is Cavani got the assist. A bit later, Napoli got a long free kick which Hamsik curved around the wall but hit the post. The rebound came to a wide open Pandev who had the goal gaping but despite being instructed to kick it as softly as humanly possible, Pandev blasts it over the goal from about 10 yards away. Valencia had some sporadic chances but it went into half time 2-1. Second half starts with Valencia threatening but Napoli was able to keep them at bay just long enough to put the game away in the 65th minute when Cavani got done the right flank and after getting inside the box, he crossed for Hamsik who headed it home from point blank. 3-1 which ended up being the final. Guaita made numerous good saves but since I was in such a hurry, I don't remember exactly what happened on those chances. gg eheskey11

7. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

No need to apologize. I actually felt as though i could perform better against a rampant style of play. Easier to read as the choices are made more on impulse rather than strategy................but i still got battered. lol. Same old same old as way back when i first started my quest with exclusive manual controls in 09'. For some reason, i just CAN NOT for the life of me, figure out a way to keep the gaping legs of my backline and deep midfield closed. I get stretched out and left WAAAAAAAAAAAAY up field EVERY time. I swear, every single attack against me is a break, leaving my players looking at the heels of the attackers, yet every one of my attacks are against an ENTIRE team of players in front of the ball.
    Why i can't figure this out is beyond me.

P.S, I've just been reading some of the replies above...............we're allowed to use custom formations? :eek:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  8. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Maybe your formation is too attacking? And I don't know, I don't use custom formations so I've never inquired about them. I feel like on one hand, its your team so it should be your tactics, but it can also wind up a bad thing if people know the wrong things.

9. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

I use all default. Tell you the truth, I can't be bothered to tamper with all that nonsense. I don't even tweak the Attacking/defensive mentality. May be i'm just :doodie:...end of. :D

10. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Newcastle United FC (1) Manchester United (0)

TOON
    :goal: P. Cisse (14')
    :trophy: D. Simpson

Man U
    :yellowcard: P. Scholes (90')

Great game MoonBBad
    A great through ball by Simpson with an even better first touch by Papiss Demba Cisse led to the only goal in this game.

11. Leander Francisco

Leander Francisco Walk On

PSV 4 - 0 Zenit

PSV:
    :goal: J. Lens (2'):assist:L. Narsingh
    :goal: G. Wijnaldum (24')
    :goal: J. Lens (42')
    :goal: M. van Bommel (48'):assist:D. Mertens
    :trophy:G. Wijnaldum

12. Ethan Smith

Ethan Smith Walk On

niuhuskie224

CSKA - Fiorentina
    1-1

:goal:(29) Doumbia

:goal:(80) Jotevic

:trophy:Doumbia

Sudden Death :goal: (31) Elm on a PK.

13. Ethan Smith

Ethan Smith Walk On

niuhuskie224

Forgot to confirm Elm = CSKA, controversial PK for the win. It was a pretty shizzy call no doubt. GOOD GAME justca11mejuice

14. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

good game... i'm happy that i was finally able to score a goal, and had a bunch of chances at the end of regulation and in the 2nd game... but alas, i can't finish.

15. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

It will come man. Finishing on manual is tough and no joke. I see progress.

16. Virulentmeteor5

Virulentmeteor5 Walk On

Athletico Madrid 0-2 Tottenham

Tottenham:
    :goal: Vertonghen (65)
    :goal: Dempsey (90)
    :trophy: Vertonghen

Great games niuhuskie224, we actually had to play two games in order to find a winner for this match. Tottenham controlled the game a little more with great passing and holding the ball for 58% to Madrid's 42%, and 13 shots on goal to Madrid's 9 with a better shot accuracy of 53% while Madrid had only 22%. In the end the Tottenham Hotspurs managed to get a goal off of a corner that Vertonghen put in the back of the net in the 65th minute. Madrid out of necessity went to an all out attack and Dempsey made them pay on the counter when Courtois failed to hold on to the ball after Dempsey's initial shot. In both games both teams seemed to be little off as many scoring opportunities were squandered and in the end the team with just a little bit of luck ended up with the win.

• Like Like x 1
  17. shootah66

shootah66 Walk On

Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 Schalke 04

Bayer

:goal: L. Bender 90'
    :assist:A. Schurrle
    :trophy:B. Leno 8.7

Great game elprez98. Schalke had the edge in pretty much ever statistical category in this game. Right before half Schalke had a shot bounce wide off the upright. This was one of many chances for them. In the 90th minute Bayer crossed a long ball into the box which was headed on goal and bounced off the goalkeeper. This is when Bender happened to be in the right place at the right time and put the rebound in the back of the net. good fun game. looking forward to playing elprez98 again

18. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Captured to here.

19. Virulentmeteor5

Virulentmeteor5 Walk On

Spurs 2-0 QPR

Spurs:
    :goal: Vertonghen (8) :assist:Gallas
    :goal: Dempsey (62) :assist: Dembele
    :trophy:S. Parker (8.4)

Good game KoG CHEESEDIP, This game was without a doubt controlled by the Spurs as they performed admirably in the middle of the field making superb tackles and hitting the opponent on the counter. They did however give a few opportunities for goals and QPR could not capitalize. The spurs outshot the QPR 16 to 5 with 11 on target to 2 of QPR's shots on target. The possession of the ball was fairly even with 55% to Spurs and 45% to QPR. It seems that the Spurs are starting to get some momentum and hope to carry it on into the league season.

20. kgx2thez

kgx2thez Walk On

Lazio
    Porto - 0

Goal - '74 - Candreva
    Poss - 54-46 Porto
    Shots - 11(3) Lazio - 5(2) Porto

21. Darlon

Darlon Walk On

2 Sevilla - CSKA 1

Sevilla
    :goal:Manu Del Moral
    :goal:Negredo

CSKA
    :goal:Honda

:trophy:Manu Del Moral

22. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

23. Leander Francisco

Leander Francisco Walk On

I missed him earlier and then he had some other league games to get in. We are usually on at the same time, so I would expect it to get played soon.

24. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

No worries. You have until Wednesday.

25. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah this pretty much. Should have no problems getting it in Wednesday. I got a new job so I haven't been able to stay up as late as usual, and I've just been busy as shit in general the last couple of weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.