TSO I need help making CPU competitive

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Big D, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

What's up TSO.

I don't know if this is just a huge bug or what, but I'm assuming my problem isn't isolated.

I just absolutely cannot make the CPU offense competitive in my offline franny. I have my difficulty set to All-Madden. I have set the user pass D, user pass rush reaction time both to 0. I have boosted CPU accuracy to 90, rush blocking to 100. Other sliders vary but they skew way in the favor of a massive CPU boost, even on All-Madden.

Here's my issue, and it has made offline franny basically non-playable for me.

I played all the way thru the regular season with the CPU just doing almost nothing on offense. Just for shits and giggles, in my last two games I have called nothing but Cover 2 MAN to see what would happen. The results were disasterous for the CPU. They completed less than 25% of their throws, thew for under 50 yards, and threw over 4 INTS both games.

In other words, when I call a basic man coverage the CPU cannot beat it even with the sliders pumped nearly all the way up in their favor on All-Madden.

Is anybody else having this issue? Is there a fix? Is the patch supposed to fix it?

Or am I just up a creek without a paddle wanting to play offline this year?

Please help!!!

2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

what team are you rolling with? one of the quirks of playing on All-Madden is it can actually make playing with a shitty team easier, because your player ratings just don't mean as much.

All-Madden is basically an arcade version of the game. Your team doesn't matter much because you're shit no matter what (maybe a slightly sweeter smelling shit, but still shit). And your computer opponent is the 85 Bears. So if you're kicking the snot out of the computer, I'm not sure sliders are going to help much.

Try All-Pro with a team like the Browns and things might be very different.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  4. Big D

Big D Walk On

I am the Seahawks.

You are saying All-Pro would make it harder over All-Madden? That doesn't make much sense. . .??

5. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i'm saying it can depending on your team (or at least in the past it could - i haven't played All-Madden this year). When you're playing All-Madden the talent on your team doesn't matter nearly as much. The difference between playing with say the Patriots and the Browns is minimal across the board. So if you're the Patriots, AM or AP probably won't matter much. With the Browns, some of your inefficiencies as a team don't matter - like not having a QB.

The Seahawks could fit this description, since bad throws with a low ranked QB are going to be made just as often as with Peyton Manning on AM. Move that to AP and the difference is much more noticable. (Anybody who's played preseason in an AP CCM can tell you this. Personally going from Eli Manning to David Carr is jarring).

Or perhaps put it this way.

On AM your team matters 25 percent and your skill executing on the field matters 75 percent.

On AP your team matters 50 percent and your skill matters 50 percent.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  6. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

you know I read all these types of threads and them I feel horrible. This lets me know Im going to get a top 10 pick every year for the next 30 years in my leagues.

7. Playmakers

Playmakers Walk On

These are the All Madden Sliders I've been using.....Try these in Play Now mode 1st.

All of my testing has come that way.

But i heard CCM sliders play different from Play Now mode.....

Mostly equal base sliders

QBA-15/15
    Pass Block-10/10
    Wr Catch-50/50

Broken Tackles-5/5
    Run Block-5/55
    Fumbldes-15/15

Pass D Reaction-0/0
    INT-35/35
    Pass Rush-40/40

Run D Reaction-10/10
    Block Shed-5/5
    Tackle-10/10

I'm also using Slow Speed + Threshold-0

Someone from another site said he's been using the sliders on Normal speed + Threshold-0......but I've only played on Slow speed.

I know these sliders look vastly different from what others might be doing but don't worry about the numbers they'll take care of itself on the field.

8. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

What time table are you using with these? Also are the ratings of teams under these circumstances as well? 15 qba with Brandon Weeden sounds like hell man

9. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Also wouldn't 0 spreed threshold make players like Jamal Charles VASTLY op?

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

Thanks. I will definitely give these a try.

Have you tried the issue I've been having with these sliders? Try calling nothing but Cover 2 Man (3wr = nickel, 4wr= dime) and can the CPU beat it? I thought in prior Maddens the AI logic would see that you were calling the same play over and over and they would compensate, and destroy you especially on All-Madden.

I'm preplexed as to this issue. I've tried everything I know to fix it. But I will try your sliders and SLOW speed. Maybe that is the key.

11. Playmakers

Playmakers Walk On

I modified these slightly a few days ago....These are the new settings I'm using for CCM Offline

15 Minute QTR's/15 second run off time

Slow Speed-Threshold-0

QBA-15/15
    Pass Block-10/10
    Wr Catch-50/50

Broken Tackles-10/10
    Run Block-5/80 or 85
    Fumbldes-10/10

Pass D Reaction-10/10
    INT-25/25
    Pass Rush-40/40

Run D Reaction-10/10.......I personally play with Human Run Reaction time at 0
    Block Shed-5/5
    Tackle-10/10