TSO Madden 16 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by bringbackjimmy, Aug 31, 2014.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

1.Ability to import previous year franchise- It would be great for leagues as owners would be interested longer.
    2. Get rid of challenges- At least do away of booth challenges. Every time i see Booth Review i know its going to overturn a good call into a bad call. E.x. Call on the field incomplete it gets reviewed by the booth and replay shows receiver out of bounds and the ref comes back and says completed pass. Its a game and coded these things should not happen so if its never going to work right take it out and spend time on improving things that actually work.
    3. OT is still only sudden death at least in offline franchise.
    4. A tiered depth chart- its point less to set schemes for WR2 and WR3 or CB2 and nickel since their ratings only go off the WR1 or CB1 scheme. So they should have a X,Y, slot depth chart spot and vice versa for CB's.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

gang tackling!

3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Other than those previously mentioned, here are a handful that I can think of offhand...

• The ability to assign individual defensive assignments on specific opposing players.
    • The ability to edit player positions within a CFM during the off-season without any positional limitations.
    • Export/import capability with CFM team rosters (including CPU generated players) to "play now" games.
    • Regular season weekly free agency negotiation system.
    • Custom formation subs pre-determined by the coach (limited to current player position parameters).
    • CFM injury system in which player injuries remain with the life of the injured player's career causing the possibility of certain tendencies, re-injury, or regression (to a certain degree depending on injury severity).
    • CFM commissioner ability to manually edit team rosters; shifting players from one team to another, without any cap penalties applied to the team(s) involved.

• Like Like x 3
  4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Make owner mode not feel so bland. if i am a owner i want to see a lot of numbers like in-depth attendance analysis. It shouldn't be so easy to move your team. you should have to negotiate with a city on stadium cost and other cost that involve moving a team.

5. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

SPeaking of owner mode, the start amount of $7million (mogul) is unrealistically low, this makes it difficult to sign your players and put in a competitive bid in FA against bigger market teams.

Allow commish to set an appropriate level in starting funds
    Allow more revenue streams to contribute to revenues
    Ability to turn off funds preventing signing of free agents

• Like Like x 3
  6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i think the 7 million is for stadium upgrades/relocation.. you still use your cap for players.

7. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Player bonuses are taken out of the funds. So you start with $7 million if you are mogul, i think $3 m if you choose active or former player. If you re-sign one of your upcoming free agents during the season and the total bonus exceeds what you have in funds, you will not be able to sign until you do.

So it makes it very difficult to sign your players and sign free agents in the offseason depending on the team you use, but i've read most teams and some of the higher market and popular teams are having issues as well.

I went through a season with winning record and made playoffs, set my pricing to good or decent value. After signing some of my key Free agents on the raiders, i coudl not bid on any of the big name free agents (dez bryant (why is he a free agent?), piere garcon, chris long, etc) in free agency because i didnt have enough funds for bonuses. i still had $30 million in cap space as well, yet i couldn't bid.

I ended up offering dez bryant like $80 million total contract value little bonus to see what happens, he rejected. EA made it difficult this year and it will be real difficult for the smaller market teams. When owners start experience this problem, i think it is going to be a big issue when they have to let some players go, but can't replenish them with talent.

Still, owners are billionaires, i am sure they start off with more than $7 million

• Like Like x 2
  8. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Like why aren't the stadium naming monies included in the income amounts? I think it was the first release for ps2 that you got a local tv contract.

• Like Like x 2
  9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

maybe when the the PS5 and XBOX *insert name* come out EA will be finally caught up with the features they put in madden 2005. Just please EA leave out Tony Bruno...(y)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Did you just copy your post from a least gen release?

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

actually had to wiki to remember when owner mode came out(2004), but 2005 was the best madden to date..well besides having to listen to tony bruno of course.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

not sure why not, stadium naming money, t.v money, and advertising/sponsorship money should take part in the revenue stream.

The packers received $187 million in 2013 in revenue sharing yet the game only allocates $700k in revenue sharing every week every year it seems. That is like $12 million based on 17 weeks of regular season per team. Owner mode is not going to be pretty for some teams.

13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The CFM financial model isn't realistic in a lot of ways. Sure, revenue sharing is misrepresented, but so are costs, and ticket sales, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

This is exactly why i have an issue with the mode and the funds restriction. I understand it is difficult to realistically and accurately capture true P&L of teams in real life and implement into the game, but I just don't see it appropriate for the model to have one of the biggest expenses (the biggest) in player salary/bonus portrayed relatively accurately while one of the biggest revenue streams for an NFL team which is revenue sharing being portrayed unrealistically. $12 million vs $187 million is quite the difference.

This is why my solution that i mentioned is to be able to set the starting funds at a level that is fair for everyone, so at least the owners that mismanaged their funds are penalized, not penalized for the team they are using from the start. Some lower market teams are already pre-programmed to be harder to use in owner mode, so at least give those teams a chance to compete in terms of signing their players and free agency.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I don't disagree, I think it needs to be revisited.

• Like Like x 2
  16. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    You mentioned it sort of with the tiered depth chart, but I wish that the depth chart was actual positions. On a defense there is no such thing as an MLB, LOLB, ROLB. The positions are Mike, Sam, Will... etc. And making this stuff specific to your scheme. If I run a 3-4, my depth chart options are going to be different than if I run a 4-3.

On offense, you may have a wildcat position. Say if I had a guy like Armanti Edwards or Joshua Cribbs on my team who played QB in college, I would put them as my wildcat back as opposed to it just being my starting RB.

17. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

In CF, commissioners once had the capability adding/removing players on teams without any penalty occurring to the team. It would nice to have that capability once more. Also, it would be nice to have an option to create restore points within online CF mode.

18. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

How hard would it be to put practice mode in franchise?
    pre-season depth chart where you set how many plays/series you want guys playing.

• Like Like x 2
  19. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I would like the challenge button to not be associated with the left trigger. I am tired of making defense adjustments and accidentally challenging the previous play when that was not my intention.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

Get rid of "dead" time, meaning all of the theatrics should be skip-able. If the theatrics (example: staring at the punter before kick off) cannot be skipped, then make them more interesting. Not that I am that impatient, but sometimes I don't have a lot of time before the baby wakes up.

21. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

WRs and CBs fighting for the ball in the air, not just animations of them both jumping going for a catch.

more tipped balls and circus catches off tips.

Defensive assignments (Tillman on Megatron, Jennings on Tate etc..)

Take a look at what EA NHL did for their new commentary - that would be kinda cool to actually see Nance and Sims at the stadium talking about the game.

Commissioners being able to award a team a victory/loss if there is a disconnect late in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

To expand on the assign win/loss idea..... How about an option to save or hold a game on a desync so that you can continue from where it disconnected?! Hell, even if it just saved results quarter by quarter so you could continue from the last completed quarter it would be an improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Also, bring back NCAA football! :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    maybe this has already mentioned but the fans in the stands should reflect actual attendance im having a crappy season, the stadium looks packed during the games but i am only selling 75% of my tix

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Fix the owner mode CFM, period. It is pretty bad logic.

• Like Like x 3