TSO - Madden 25 Gameplay Q&A

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Shaun Mason, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Morning TSO!

I was thinking about putting together my impressions of the new Madden 25 gameplay changes, but realized I probably wouldn't do them justice in that format.

So...I'm taking questions all day.

Fire away.

Just in case you didn't see the trailer last night:

Also, the EA SPORTS Playbooks:
    -Shaun

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
  3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

What is the stamina meter that they talked about based on? Just stamina rating? What about toughness? Do other attributes factor in? Does a guy built like Chris Johnson wear down faster than a guy built like Ray Rice, if all other attributes are the same? Is fatigue cumulative over a season?

4. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Good question that I really don't know the answer to.

In the build I last played we didn't have access to play a season, so I couldn't see if fatigue was cumulative. As for ratings, I didn't ask, but I will next visit.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Shaun - Also worth looking into how 'loose' the run free feature is. I'm afraid it may be like the first FIFA game where they instituted the skill move modifier. It allowed people to do TOO MANY skill moves and made gameplay very arcade-ish.

6. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

This was found at the end of the Run Free Playbook link:

Running Out of Gas
    With all these new weapons at your disposal, it’s easy to consider abusing them. For that reason, Madden NFL 25 will feature a new visual stamina meter that will drain as you execute moves. Juking, spinning and trucking will get you out of trouble, but they will also makes you tired. Consequently, if you run out of stamina during a play, you’ll see your player slow down. Once you’re out of gas, any additional moves you try will be much less effective.Stamina refills after each play, but there is a cumulative effect over the course of the game. So if you’re running the ball a lot, don’t expect your running back to be as fresh when you're trying to pound the rock in the fourth. In fact, he might be down to half-stamina or less depending on how hard you’ve been pushing him. You see a lot of NFL teams going to a two-back look for this exact reason, so it may be something you want to keep in mind for your Madden NFL team as well…

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The build I played (and I won't likely get to play another game play build) was fairly balanced. Of course, I wasn't very good at using them at the appropriate times.:)

8. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I was asking about a cumulative effect over the season, not the game. That already exists in Madden 13.

9. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

• What players will be hit with the fatigue meter? Is it only offensive skill players or all 22 players on the field?
    • Are the skill meters something that you can see for all players in the pre-snap screen? (Think Composure Meter in NCAA)
    • Will the fatigue meter impact all other player movements, like catching, blocking, and carrying? Or only the skill moves and running?
    I saw in the Infinity 2 article, they mentioned something about "heat-seeker tackling" will this be a new defensive feature? Like the "Ball Hawk" feature last year? Thanks Shaun.

10. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Can you still change routes with precision passing? EX Changing Corners to Outs. Or Digs to Post?

Do you still bump into OL when running and get stuck on them

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

All players had fatigue meters when I was there.

I don't recall any "skill meters", you had to know your players ratings. Ratings are going to be very important for running backs this year IMO.

Fatigue is caused by all actions, I could definitely tell on the defensive line when I was using one player repeatedly.

Heat-seeker is basically a tackling assist, allows you to break down and tackle.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    i knew there was a good reason to stay home from work today :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yes, you can still move the ball around. Defensive backs played the ball better though IMO.

14. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Do you still bump into OL when running and get stuck on them

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Far, far less. There is a new avoidance mechanism, unless you hit a guy FLUSH in his back you'll kind of "wiggle" by them.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Did you user any other defensive positions ? Curious if that is same for LB or safety users

Also when you guys play these builds is it always vs CPU or do you get to play each other sometimes too ? Do they need more guys to test ? ;) You could tell them about my awesome stories if it would help lol

17. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Any improvement to AI run blocking?

Madden is always so offensive oriented , what changes have been made to help out the defense?

• Like Like x 2
  18. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Is there a noticeable difference in ability between highly rated players and lower rated players?
    (This is one thing FIFA does well. Some players can't even attempt to do the moves that other players can pull off.)
    Shaun Mason

19. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

They had me at CCR also :D

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    We do play head to head some...I prefer NOT to, because I end up talking to them instead of looking for stuff, LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The blocking assignments have been revamped, as well as some other targeting changes. They've also added new offensive linemen animations (not a TON, but some). Also, blocks have velocity now (especially double teams).

Defensively, there is an assist button to help tackle. I actually found defense to be LESS frustrating because guys couldn't just swerve around you in the open field.

Hit stick has changed as well.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yes, if your running back is not rated highly you won't get the modified moves...so a guy who is super fast but has low stiffarm, etc won't be as useful.

23. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Not sure how I feel about that assist button on defense :/

On one hand maybe the days off 56-52 games in TMFL will be over , at the same time I hate guys who defends by holding a button down the whole match in FIFA *cough KnightNoles cough* lol

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    My memory was that it wasn't as powerful as the FIFA 'mark' button, but again, I tackle well anyway, so I didn't use it much. Get used to the change in Hit Stick took me MUCH longer.

25. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Can you elaborate on what is so different about hit stick ?