TSO Official Feedback thread

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, Oct 10, 2011.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

As we continue to grow I want to make sure that we never lose touch with what our membership base identifies with at TSO and also what they may dislike about their experience here. It's important for us to stay true to our core values of community and sportsmanship above winning and recognition. We also want to know what you think about our growth and any ideas you may have towards how we can improve our ability to manage it.

I also am aware that some are very critical of our relationship with EA Sports in the community and feel that we sensor content on the forums if it differs from our opinion or paints EA in a negative light. We have tried to be more conscious of that and give members who post respectful, constructive criticism the leeway to do so without worry. I don't ever want this to be the site where people feel they can't say what's on their mind or moderators close threads and ban members and the drop of a hat. That's just not my style.

So i guess let her rip.. we can take it.. i've been accused of everything from schilling for EA to licking my palms after i masturbate. Ain't gonna hurt my feelins'... but it may help me understand more about our member base.

Thanks

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I could have went my whole lifetime without reading that last line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

me too, but it's out there.. thought i would share. Some guys are so creative when they PM me.

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

?

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

[​IMG]

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I really wish that image would load for my computer david.. I'm kinda curious (no homo) I'd imagine its gotta be funny.

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

thats how it starts Kasper

• Like Like x 5
  8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Way to be on the ball and find that post york haha

9. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

No one stays on balls more than york

• Like Like x 2
  10. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I suggest you make another thread RynoAid

That last sentence destroys all thoughts in the brain......wtf moments supercede all thought,,,,

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

So what is this just a free flame the mods thread?

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Not even 10 posts in and its already off track....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

It's a set-up. Flame and get banned! :D

• Like Like x 3
  14. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

My experience here at TSO has been great. It has been a cool way of getting to know other guys who arent so young anymore who enjoy video games and football. I urge all of you members who are not premier to support the site, if only because it gives you a place to meet some pretty cool and funny guys, that in itself is worth the 12 bucks.

15. Iron Mickey

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Not so much of feedback but more thoughts

1.) Everyone understands the benefits of premier membership. However, where does the money go? From a time perspective you would be losing a ton of money as a business but it may interest people to know what expenses you guys incur running the site (i.e. hosting fees, software for the forum, etc.). Also how much time do you guys think you spend in a week, month, etc

2.) Where do you guys want the site to be in the next 12 - 18 months?

3.) Define "Management" Who is responsible for what?

4.) What are each of "Managements" Pet Peeves?

5.) Management sounds really hokie. Maybe leadership team. Management implies the rest of us are peons especially Bl0ndeRedHead and smlVICTORIES53 haha

6.) Has there ever been an incentive program where as once per year you guys hold a drawing for active "Premier Members". This incentivizes people upgrading
    their membership and also may get people more active in the forums

7.) I hardly ever go to the true homepage. If you guys really want people to go there, there needs to be reason. I don't know what that reason would be but in general, people need to know why they should do something. "It's the What's in it for me?" perspective

Hope this is what you are looking for.

17. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    1) We do a lot operationally to keep things running smooth behind the scenes. My time investment has dropped as Drifterbub has increased his to manage the operations of the website. I still spend 25+ hours a month on upkeep and general maintenance. Our costs just for the infrastructure (domain costs, hosting, software licensing) is a few hundred dollars a month for this website. That doesn't include business costs that we incur.

2) I'll leave that question for RynoAid

3) I'll let each member explain their role. I am the CTO, I am in charge of the technology behind TSO.

4) I have a host of pet peeves, but stupid people and people telling me what to do are my top two.:)

5) Is Owners a better term?

6) We have given out Premier Memberships pretty regularly through tournies and contests. If you missed them, you haven't been paying attention.;)

7) Agreed, we all know that, it is an area we are working to improve.

18. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Thanks for replying i just wanted us to get away from masturbation techniques. You guys all do a great job i don't think you would have the following that you do if people were not happy here

I have to listen to pissing and moaning all day. It much more to give than to receive :)

19. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I try to put up interesting articles up from time to time, and admittedly this last month or so I have been a bit slacking in that area. My only concern is that even when they do come out, not many actually read them or know they are there. Or people only go to the main page when directed there from the forums for a specific article or for the weekly podcast etc...

20. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I think you do well on the homepage. I actually read some of the articles you put up.

I'm just waiting for someone to open up. I know its going to happen...

21. Iron Mickey

22. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

If you want to buy some stock when we IPO then i would be happy to share the books with you... :)... j/k. In all seriousness, the expenses continue to grow as we do. Along with the server costs and software licensing we use the funds to do things like send Hellisan to E3, throw midnight launch tournaments, purchase hardware, advertising and generally setting up other key infrastructure elements any young company has to have.

We want to continue to enhance the tool sets here at TSO to help commissioners provide the best league experience they can to our members whatever title they are playing. Football has been our gravy train around here, but with other games stepping up their online capabilities we want to continue to diversify our league offerings.

While other sites are focusing on cash based gaming and prizes, we will continue to focus on community and sportsmanship, recognizing individuals for their contributions to leagues as much as any accomplishments or trophies. We believe the true future of gaming lies in building lasting friendships and rivalries not based on gambling, but respect and competition.

We are working on some upgrades that will hopefully be pivotal in accomplishing some of these things. Stay tuned next year.

Well, several management members are owners in the site.. Myself, Drifter and Shaun. Emmdotfrisk and Hackgolfer have a huge role and say in all issues that we address here. At some point i would predict they will share ownership in some form or another.

As far as duties.. here's a rough idea, it's very general and there is lots of crossover.

Ryno -CEO- General Site Business, Outside Inquiries, Marketing, Finances, Operations (to a lesser degree)
    Drifter -COO- General Site Business, Site Operations, Infrastructure Development, Standards
    Shaun -CTO- General Site Business, Technical Operations, Infrastructure Development, Security, Disaster Recovery
    Markus - Director of Business Development
    Hack - Director of Operations

People who make a martyr of themselves over a video game...

It's really just meant to provide members an idea of who they need to speak with if they need help. It's not meant to be condescending.

We hold launch week tourney's for both NCAA and Madden on both platforms every year and give out $60 GameStop giftcards. These tourney's are also only open to Premier members. We also held a referral contest last year and gave away GameStop giftcard to the winner. We have also done some apparel giveaways. So yes, we do special things for premier members.

We have never tried to be the leading sports "news" site on the web. We are inherently more focused on leagues and supporting and publishing their content. Sites like OS and TGT are all over the news. At some point, we may change that and attempt to provide more editorial content and blog watching.

From a site format we are moving towards integration between the front page and the forums. That is what has to happen for the front page to be relevant in my opinion. Right now there is a gap between the site and forums that's hard to bridge. This is a priority for us and we definitely what to improve this aspect of the site.

Thanks for the questions.. hope those answers help.

• Like Like x 1
  23. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i check the homepage at least once a week to see what you have put..there are some good reads especailly when you do the league spotlight

24. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

No complaints here, I like the way the ship is headed and the way you guys do things. I thought that might be some nice feedback to hear. (y)

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

What about GUnit, JMustang, Hellisan and whoever else may have a staff position? Well, I know JMustang is the Content Manager but not sure about the others. I know GUnit sells shirts but I don't have a clue what Hellisan does.