TSO Premier League Draft: Meet The Leagues

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Shaun Mason, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Everyone,

As part of the upcoming TSO Premier League Draft, I've asked the commissioners of the premier league's to put together a quick blurb about their league to give prospective draftees a little bit of background on the league and what they are about.

In short order, I will be asking the members who are on the draft board to do the same. The goal here is to help align the correct leagues with the correct members. Even though we all play on the same site, that doesn't mean we really know each other sometimes.

I will be posting these as quickly as I can format them. Once I have them all posted, I will open the thread up for comments.

2. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The Tradition (Commonly called T1)
    The Tradition is the original league that was started by Rynoaid when he created Tradition Football, now Tradition Sports Online. Although he has moved on to start something new, we want the spirit of the league to remain the same, for it to be one of the flagship leagues with a lot of activity. We are looking for guys that are gamers. We want guys with careers and lives, but we want guys that are interested in gaming and don't have to be begged to be on the site all the time. Checking the forums daily, responding promptly to scheduling requests, and posting user game summaries are mandatory. Also, it is important that you are a determined player, that you don't give up easily, and that you're a good sport when
    you lose.

Commissioner: Hellisan

Schedule: We have been a mixed league over the years with guys all over the country. Right now we have primarily guys on the east coast. However all of these guys generally stay up relatively late. IF you are west coast, as long as you can play by 6-7 p.m. consistently then it will be fine. If you can't ever play till 9 p.m. let me know.

Advance Pace: We want to be a fast moving league although we also don't want to be nazis about things. The general guideline is 48-hour advances. Very important: Sometimes when there are only user games and we get off to a good start, we will make the request to do a quick advance. We just like that people are ON the board, AWARE of the league request and overall league goals and try to comply if possible. If not possible no problem. When there are no alternatives, three days are available for a user game. However this needs to be RARE. We don't want people starting a scheduling thread and requesting something three days from now.

League Makeup: We have a fun group of guys that like to joke around and take the piss out of each other whenever possible. We are looking to continue that with guys that get along well with others, and aren't "Me first" guys.

Types of Teams we run with: It has varied from powerhouse teams to 2nd tier teams. So far, we have not ever been "1 star" or total rebuild teams. This however is not out of the question if it is what the league wants.

What you look for in members:
    * Gameplay - We have a set of rules that are pretty basic. We expect you to play hard against people but be merciful if the game is in the bag. Anybody who embarrasses another player or runs up the score needlessly will have to answer to me. Cameraderie is very, very important to us.
    * Content - We have a group of busy guys however overviews of user/user games are required and we will have threads with one paragraph stories about cpu games which will be encouraged. The more content you like to post, the better fit you are for our league. However we are not sticklers about it.

We have 7 returning members so have a lot of spots to fill and we want guys that are looking for something long term. We want guys that play the game all year round, treat others respectfully and want to have fun with this.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The Deuce

Dynasty description thread for previous history and description: http://traditionatwork.com/threads/the-deuce-dynasty-description-2011.22962/

Commissioner: Drifterbub

Advance Pace: We probably average 30-36 hour advances over the calendar year for the title. We averaged just over 24 hours an advance from July until November. We are the fastest moving XBOX NCAA Online Dynasty over the past two years and we don't expect to slow down. It's a frivolous pace that has many benefits. We are in Season 12 of The Deuce in NCAA 11 and I have already seen 8 classes of my own recruits graduate.

What we look for in members: The capability of keeping up with our pace is obviously a requirement. Really we just look for guys who fit into our group. Take a look in our forums and you can see that we are a league of friends, it's a good group to be surrounded by.

4. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The Trifecta

Commissioner: bravejaf

Schedule: Most of the users are based in EST or CST with games primarily in the evening hours.

Advance Pace: The league moves at a quick pace. I'm flexible on scheduling for user matches, but CPU games need to be played within 24 hours. For NCAA 11 we have averaged about 25 days per season since I took over and I hope to decrease this amount for NCAA 12.

League Makeup: We are bringing back 9 of 11 members from the NCAA 11 dynasty, including 8 who have played together most of this release. The bulk of the league has been playing together since NCAA 10 and frequently hang out on XBox party chat while playing games. Most of the group fall within 20-30, except one dirty old man who I shall not name.

What you look for in members:
    * Gameplay - Standard TSO rules apply, you are expected to play within rules set forth by community/league. Running up the score and/or stats is also something we monitor and discipline.
    * Content - I'm placing a big emphasis on league content for NCAA 12. Users will need to be active participants on the forums. This will include content responsibilities outside of standard game summaries/recruiting updates.

The league is bringing back 8 long-time members, most of whom will be on mic/party chart during games. We strongly urge all players to use mic during games as it allows you to communicate directly with your opponent. Plus it makes the games a lot more interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The Experience

Commissioner: JCspartan2

Schedule: Most of our guys are EST and we have one guy in CST. That being said, everyone is pretty flexible when it comes to getting games in so being on the west coast isn't necessarily a deterrent.

Advance Schedule: We don't have a hard advance schedule and I don't plan on implementing one. We generally advance between 24 and 48 hours, however. I'm willing to give people a little extra time to get a user game in but not for a CPU game. Offseason is done in one night, typically on a weekend.

Makeup: We will have at least 6 guys returning, possibly a 7th, that have been around for the majority of this past season. Our league is predicated around content production and that is ultimately how you are judged as a member. Sim play and sportsmanship are required, but that should go without saying. One of the things that separates us from other leagues is that we have more of a mature group of guys. Most of us are either in graduate school or established in our careers. Age isn't an issue for newcomers, but maturity level is. Overall we have built a good sense of camaraderie among each other and I hope new members experience the same.

Future Members: As stated above, I want guys that are going to dedicate themselves to participating on the boards. New coaches must be active and get their games in in a reasonable amount of time. I'm much my likely to give you an extra day here and there if we aren't normally waiting on you. Most importantly, since this is a premier league I expect that this league be your #1 priority on the site. I do not want to see you being more active in other leagues while hanging along for the ride in ours.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The Legacy

Commissioner: HovaTheGodMC

Schedule: I am an EST time guy. I will be working 2nd shifts (12-8 most likely) so most of my free time will be in the evening or early morning. I expect this to be the case with most everyone as we are usually an Eastern Timezone Dominated league. We do however have one west coast guy who works 2nd during the week, but he usually find a way to make it work with most guys.

Advance Pace: We usually are a fast paced league, especially lately. We usually go no more than 24-48 hours, especially with no user games. If you are busy then you are more than welcome to take your required 72 hours, but I will always push and let guys know that they are the last ones left. This will not get you removed, It is just something I like to do so everyone is aware.

We always try to get an offseason night where everyone can make it, this of course is hard sometimes so If It can not be planned out we go with the 12 hour advance's through the offseason schedule.

Current League Members: The Legacy roster has currently been decimated because of the "One-League" rule. We are currently bringing in 2 original guys along with myself. They are both great sim players and very dedicated. We love to build a strong sim community where you are looking forward to playing that rival every season.

Future Members: We are looking for dedicated, active, and sim players to help build our league. We are very heavy in content and I myself take that responsibility heavily. I put in alot of work and hope to see the same from all of you to really make this a great experience. You should be active in board discussion and willing to take on some content generation with the rest of us. Another thing to note is we are a pretty mature group, our current members and old members usually all came from the 25-35 year range. I myself am 21 so I am not discouraging younger guys, just letting you know It's a more mature crowd but we still love to have fun and take some shots here and there!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Ryno's League

Commissioner: RynoAid

League Idea: I will be starting a new Premier Dynasty for '12. It will be a zero to hero type setup but with a huge twist. If you like starting at the bare ass bottom and think you can make something of yourself. It might be for you.... but

A. You must not mind playing TOUGH cpu games.. and alot of them. There will be no conference requirements so you may not play many users outside of non-conference.

B. You must be able to advance every 48-72 hours.

C. You must committed for the entire year... what im working on will not work if guys leave in 2 or 3 months.

D. Losing doesn't bother you. Your in for the experience.

It you interested.. please either post here or put it in your coach combine app. I will only consider those that have expressed an interest specifically.

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Dru's League

Commissioner: Dru50

League Info: I will be heading up the other new xbox premier league for NCAA 2012, which will be specifically geared toward guys who live on the west coast or who may work an unusual schedule.

The specific format of the league (conferences and teams) will be determined in discussions amongst the members once the league roster is finalized.

Guys who will be good fits in this league will fit the following profile:

• You are available to play generally each night between 9pm-12am PST as well as be available sometime during the weekend afternoons. This is the key thing I'm looking for, so please don't apply if you live in the EST/CST time zones and wouldn't be available to play during these hours.
    • The league will look to advance quickly, with users generally allowed 24 hours for CPU games and up to 48 hours for user games. I will stick to a general rule that if you can't meet a deadline you will be simmed, which will apply to everyone at all time, no favorites. I'm not looking for guys who are in 3-5 OD's every year, and will be expecting the guys in this league to make it their NCAA priority.
    • Forum participation will be important, not optional. I'm looking for guys who are willing to add a bit to the discussion beyond the weekly game summaries.
    • The league will likely play on AA settings (default) to start, and I will make minor adjustments to sliders once per season once sufficient data on CPU/USER issues are available. If you are a Heisman difficulty junky or slider freak who wants to tweak things after every week or start with heavily modified sliders, this league won't be your cup of tea.
    Most of the rest of the league rules and set-up will be up for discussion prior to kicking off NCAA 2012.

If you are interested, please post your information here and PM me with why you'd be interested in joining up. I'd like to have some discussions prior to the draft with all members who are interested. For ease of me verifying that you fit the schedule we'll be looking for, I'd appreciate it if you include information in your post regarding where you live and what your usual gaming hours are. If you'd like, please feel free to post about any other commissioners or veteran members who could give me some insight into your play-style and forum participation.

Thanks everyone, and I look forward to hearing from you guys.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Hard4Yards

Commissioner: DirtyCashDylan

Schedule: Most of our users prefer to play in the evening. Ideally, we'd like your availability to be in the range of 7 pm to midnight CST but also flexible (to be able to wake up early and get a game in if need be). There are a wide range of user availabilities so if you have a tight window you should probably look elsewhere.

Advance Pace: We advance every 24 hours during non conference play. During conference play, I don't set a due date as long as everyone is busting their butt to get their games in. If I see a game hasn't been scheduled by the 2nd day, we got problems and I'm not opposed to simming. Conference weeks usually last from 24 to 48 hours.

During the offseason, we advance every 12 hours, if not sooner. It'd be great to get everyone all online at the same time but with the types of teams we use, missing just one offseason would be detrimental to your program.

Current League Members: H4Y isn't your typical Tradition league in that trash talk isn't only accepted, it's encouraged! We still play very sim but be prepared to get talked to before and after the game. In our opinion, it makes for a fun atmosphere and keeps interest high. Before deciding you're interested, spend some time on our board. Our members love it and we wouldn't have it any other way but it's not for everyone and we've lost at least one member who was a little too mature for us. Can't say I blame him.

Future Members: I'm looking for someone who puts at least as much emphasis on recruiting as he does the games, who'll be active and add great content whether he wins or loses (he'll probably be doing a lot of losing), and who won't procrastinate or slow us down.

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The Redshirts

Commissioner: Pagamer07

Schedule: The majority of our members play between the hours of 6PM-11PM EST time. Most of us are Monday-Friday 9-5 guys.

Advance Pace: We have a mandatory 48 hour advance, and rarely if ever exceed that. Advance times are 10PM EST on advance nights. Offseason is done in one day, typically on a weekend.

League Makeup: We currently have 2 open spots. Stat whoring and poor sportsmanship are not tolerated. The TSO standard of conduct is required to be followed especially in terms of "sim" play. We do have a few variations of the rules which can be found in league description which is more in depth. Our member base is varied. We have guys in their early twenties, and some older guys like myself or a couple other members who have children.

We ask that each of our members remain active on the forums, contribute game recaps, league features and be creative. We have a deep statistical and historical database which encourages our members to write articles, and provides a source of reference for our history. We also have mandatory in season voting for Hall of Fame players, and numerous end of season awards.

What are we looking for: Coaches who can: be active, show good sportsmanship, play "sim" ball and finally playing your games on time. Our goal is to create a community, make friends and build rivalries. We do not want coaches who are overstretched in too many leagues. We ask that The Redshirts be your priority in leagues and that you contribute in all discussions and be creative in terms of league content.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Saturday Heroes

Commissioner: Hackgolfer

Schedule: All of the guys are in the EST or CST time zone with the availability to play in the evenings or on the weekends. We have a lot of 8-5 career guys so we tend to be flexible about scheduling around your work day as long as you are on a consistent schedule.

Advance Schedule: We operate at a "As soon as you can play" ideal, which tends to be a 24-48 hour advance pace, however 72 hour extensions are allowed as long as they are not on a weekly basis.

League Makeup: Most of SH yields a group that has been playing together since establishing PS3 Leagues on TSO (2 years running), but many also have a background of playing on OS together before coming to TSO. We are a tight knit group that chat daily on an AIM Blast Group and know each other on a first name basis. Our general demographic includes guys in the 20-30 year old range and majority of us hold the typical corporate 8-5 job, leaving our evenings and weekends relatively active.

Future Members: New guys must be active in getting their games played in a reasonable time as well as being able to contribute content to the league forums on a weekly basis. They should also be comfortable enough to hang out on AIM from time to time and get to learn more about the group on a more personal basis. As the same with any premier league, SH should be your #1 priority if you choose to play in non-premier as well.

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Cream of the Crop

Is not drafting.

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    BCS Chaos

Commissioner: JerzeyReign

Description: We're a 'any team in a BCS conference' online dynasty.

Settings: Heisman gameplay. Heisman recruiting.

Schedule: We're sprinkled throughout the US but all users make themselves available as much as possible. We all make time in our busy schedules and we prefer to play well before 11pm/12am on most occasions.

Advance Pace: We're a 'As Soon As Possible' advancing OD. CPU games are given 24 hours to complete while User v. User games are given 48 hours. Extension may be given up to 72 hours but that extension should be rarely used.

Current League Members: Most of our returning group have been together for almost going on 2 years. NCAA '12 will be our 3rd installment. Our group consists of guys from all walks of life but respect for the game and each other is our top priority. We don't mind trash talk but just keep it the 'friendly realm' and you will be fine.

Future Members: Activity. Thats all we expect from any new members. Activity within' our league will help you mesh very well. Every opinion is respected as long as its a respectful opinion.

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Sim Nation

Commissioner: Archie Griffin

Description: Sim Nation tries to combine about 3-4 user games a year with a really competitive CPU. In the past, we did this with a three conference setup, but we have not declared our intentions for '12 as of yet. We pay attention to balance in all things, and try our best to make our seasons look and feel as much like the real thing as possible. We don't score 60 a game, nor do we want to. We lose to the CPU, at least some of the time. Our guys win awards, but not all of them every year. Our season is very much like a single story with 12 authors. Everyone contributes, but no one has a homework assignment. It's all about balance, and we adjust to accommodate the 12 we have.

Settings: In '11, we ran an adjusted set of AA sliders (which are posted in our league FAQ) and recruited on AA settings with some restrictions added late in the year (again, posted in our league FAQ). This may mean very little when the next game drops, but know that we will look for a tough challenge in every week, though we stop short of "hard for the sake of hard" kind of difficulty, which means we don't want to take plays out of your playbook, but we will keep scores down one way or another.

Schedule & Advance Times: Most of us are EST and CST folks, but we could work with just about anyone. I have posted a schedule with four advances per week, though two are "soft" advances, and can be skipped if someone has a need for more time. We advance at least twice a week, but in most weeks, we advance three or four times. See our League FAQ for details.

Current Members: We have scaled back to a core of 6 guys who have all been around for the majority of the last year. They're a really helpful, fun bunch, and our forums are an active place pretty much all of the time. Feel free to stop by and see for yourself.

Future Members: All we really want are good guys who don't mind posting on most days and getting to know the other guys. The atmosphere is fun and competitive; every guy I have can take a loss with grace and win with the same. Like I said before - it's all about balance; we don't stat-hunt, and we're always talking about ways to make the league better. We make changes often, and we try our best to build the league around good guys who like playing together. We're casual in nature, but we pay attention to details.

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Zeroes2Heroes

Commissioner: sabo11

Description: We're a dynasty that each coach will earn his way to a big name school. Start off at a small program and prove your worth by moving up the ladder.

Settings: Most likely we will be on heisman (We are currently set on heisman). I dont even want to think about new sliders right now lol. Once 12 comes out we will make a concrete decision. Quarter length will be 7 minutes (current settings). Recruiting level will most likely stay at All-American (current setting)

Schedule: We have a few guys in every part of the country. Most of us seem to be either on CST or EST. We do have 1 that is on pst and 1 on mst. Our offseason is always done in one night. We always step in and fill in for someone who cant make it.

Advance Pace: We're a 'As Soon As Possible' advancing OD. CPU games are given 24 hours to complete while User v. User games are given 48 hours. I'm pretty persistent about making early advances. I'm always staying on top of the guys and trying to get us to the next advance as quick as possible. Were currently on Year 9 week 6 (about to be week 7) because of our guys being eager to keep things moving at a high speed.

Current League Members: Majority of our guys have been in the dynasty since our first season of NCAA 11. All of our members are a very respectful and willing to help each other out. We respect sim style play and sportsmanship win or lose. We communicate very well amongst ourselves in every form such as on the boards, aim, and text. While we spice up the boards with some friendly smack talk we all know its in fun and that nothing is ever on a personal attack.

Future Members: We want our future members to have a love for the game like we do. We want a coach who enjoys the game and is easy to communicate with. Dynasties must communicate in order to succeed. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but sim play and sportsmanship is key. Forum activity and devotion to the dynasty is a must. You only get out what you put in. We are looking for someone who enjoys posting as much as he enjoys the game. The reason we are here at TSO is we are all sim players and we all want the most out of our dynasty experience.

16. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Is there a matrix indicating which league is PS and which is XBOX or should i visit each forum?

17. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Everything after 'The Redshirts' is PS3.

18. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    thanks dru

19. Warty09

Warty09 Walk On

i see a lot of east coast leagues but not many west coast?? im a wrong?

20. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

That's driven by the fact that probably 90% of the members on the site (if not more) live in the EST/CST time zones.

21. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Damned east coasters!

22. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Fixed for Accuracy

• Like Like x 2
  23. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Actually TX is our #1 state for traffic.

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's skewed by Drifter, Ryno and Hack living in Texas.

Same as Ohio and me.

25. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

True, but it is what it is.