TSO - Roster First Look

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Not sure if you guys saw this, but Ryno has posted a quick look at the rosters of the Pac 12 and B1G on the main site:

http://traditionsportsonline.com/ncaa-12-retail-hd-media-gallery

I haven't looked at the B1G rosters yet, but here are some thoughts after looking at the Pac 12 rosters for some of our teams:
    • Oregon looks to be the class of the conference, on both sides of the ball (not really a surprise).
    • Stanford looks tough, but Cheez better win this year, because at first glance he has a lot of seniors.
    • USC has young skill position talent, but there isn't much depth on defense in the front 7 or along the OL.
    • ASU looks to have one of the better defenses in the conference, with some serious speed at LB.
    • UCLA is definitely in a rebuilding mode, and recchem2000 will need to do some work recruiting.
    • WSU has a good QB and WR, and not much else. Sorry gowazzucougs.
    • Cal is in the worst shape of all the user teams in conference at QB, but seems to have a good HB and some defensive talent.

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Yes, there is a reason I thought WSU's offense would be rated higher than C+, but that damn offense line is not very good. In addition, we are going to have to address the fullback position because one of the team's tight ends is listed as fullback. recchem2000 it looks UCLA has a QB, don't know what his THP and THA is unknown.

3. gowazzucougs

In addition it is going to take a while to build a good defense, but I know how to do it.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think its Brehuat after a quick look. Prince was the starter but got hurt, and is rated worse than Brehaut in the default rosters.

5. gowazzucougs

Yeah I think it is Brehaut

6. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I'm curious to see if the first named roster will have any rating tweeks because if Braxton Miller really is that much lower than Bauserman, i may have to go with J.B. to start the season (much like i did with Boeckman in NCAA 10).

7. Dru50

Apparently you could still use Pryor (I hear they have him drive on the field in a 350Z with dealer tags as part of the OSU entrance).

• Like Like x 2
  8. gowazzucougs

But you need to add that when he enters a police car enters the stadium with the lights on, and the officer walks over to Pryor and cites him for Driving While Suspended.

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Any of my big10 brothers going to give a review of rosters for our confrence like Dru did? If not I can take a look at em Friday ;)

10. Dru50

If none of you Big 10 sloths want to, maybe I'll throw something together.

Since the teambuilder site is out it will be easier to do.

11. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

You know we are kinda slow to technology here in the midwest ;)

I am getting some Q.T. in with the old lady or I would gladly evaul it for us

12. Dru50

I've played about as much of the demo as I can take, so I'll have some time after I get the boys to bed tonight. I plan on checking out teambuilder some and looking at various rosters, so I can peruse all these overrated Big 10 teams....

13. Dru50

Here's my quick thoughts on the Big 10:
    • Ohio St is STACKED, especially with Pryor still on the roster. They have a nearly 90 OVR player at almost every position. JFace is officially on notice as the guy that we will make fun of endlessly if he can't win with a title with this EA blowjob of a squad.
    • Wisconsin and PSU aren't too far behind OSU talent wise, and that division is going to be brutal.
    • Nebraska, Michigan and ND are very similar in one respect - they all have some serious offensive firepower, and their defenses all appear to be a bit questionable. I think whoever wins this division is going to have a tough time vs OSU/PSU/Wisc.
    • Any of the 6 user teams in this conference would be on par with the top 2 user teams currently selected in the Pac-12, talent wise. Winning the Big 10 is going to be a real accomplishment by whoever does it, and if that team goes undefeated it will be very impressive.

14. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Is OSU allowed to use Pryor??? It is my sincere wish that Pryor be eliminated.

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Ohio St and Penn St are overrated every year, whats new? I forget who controls Penn St, but Ohio St. is in good hands with JFace. He has shown he has excellent stick skills in the FIFA league and also gets the benefit of having the best B1G recruiting class every year for the last four seasons.

Hopefully Pryor and Tressell are eliminated from the game though, I'm hoping the commish will do this.

16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

The roster and coach files we use should have Pryor and Tress out. Kind of curious how harsh the coach file will be on my boy Fick

17. Dru50

I thought I read somewhere that if you use the coaching carousel feature all coaches begin with a D+ prestige or something similar. I like the idea of the coaches starting on a level playing field, so if I can set it up that way I probably will.

Regarding Pryor (and more generally rosters), I want to kick this off once the first set of named rosters are available. I wouldn't use Pryor if I were playing with OSU, but if JFace wants to I won't disallow it. Everyone can just give him shit for it and put an * next to every W he gets.;)

18. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I don't wanna attack the guy who creates the first legit named roster, but if that jackass doesn't kick Pryor off the roster, it loses all its credibility. That would be just laziness IMO. Its not like he's EA and had to get the roster done in March or something. He was working on the roster the moment he got the game in his hands. No excuses to NOT have Pryor on the roster IMO.

19. Jayrah

If the coaches are created they all start D+. If we take over the teams as is they stay default coach ratings. I think we should create all user coaches with our tso names.

20. Dru50

My preference right now is that everyone will create their coach and start on the same playing field. Some will have better rosters and recruiting bases, but I imagine that will also come with higher expectations/goals from the school, which will help guys like wazzu catch up to the pack a bit.

To keep everyone in the loop, I'm still debating between USC and one of the other Pac12 south schools, but after looking at the rosters it's a toss up right now between USC and Utah. BYU just has way too many seniors in year 1 for my taste (23 seniors).

21. Jayrah

That's a lot of seniors....

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Dont let the mighty Bruins scare you out of LA Dru ;)

23. Dru50

Don't celebrate yet, the Trojans are the favorites in the clubhouse.

24. Jayrah

So what are you debating again? If you wanna be the laughing stock of Cali?

25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Not celebrating...i'll have a hard time with a CPU USC anyways :) Either way, im screwed!