TSO's biggest problems with Madden 25

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Drifterbub, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Please be constructive here as I want to be able to build out some solid feedback and direction for the Dev team. Please refrain from posting something as trivial as 'better physics' or 'better graphics.' Be specific about what bothers you.

You can also post wishlist items you would like to see next year that are not necessarily 'fixes' for this year's game. Again, be specific.

Bonus interweb points for videos, pictures, etc that can help me articulate ideas.

Go!

NextFL
    LtJustice
    Hard Knocks
    CHUNKNESS

• Like Like x 7
  2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Damn...Didn't get the tag for some reason.

Gameplay wise, There needs to be some work done to open up the passing more. Specifically the deep passing. Right now there is seperation, but it seems the DB can easily track the ball and catch up to the defender.

This is with threshold sitting at 0.

Also, I completely hate how the Dline can just blow up plays over and over. The DE/DT can do a nice "tecmo bowl" diving sack. It's more or less a heatseeker adjustment, where the DL can dive a few extra yards to get the QB.

We all want defense, but it feels like the offense has to work harder with the true step incorporated into the offensive skill players.

Also...was thinking there needs to be a SNAP rating for Centers. I have seen alot of RTs and LTs playing center with no risk. After seeing the biggest play in the SB being the botched snap, I think its time for Madden to incorporate some sort of bad snap.

I will look for some vid Ronnie, because I am not sure if I am articulating it like I want.

As far as franchise, I have some ideas ;)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    If you have video of the diving sacks that would be a huge help.

4. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Connectivity in the CFM. When trying to connect to my user for that week, it's really difficult. Like one person has to log out of the CFM and be at the "Home" screen of madden to accept an invite. It's just cumbersome. NCAA's approach is much easier. Just have a lobby for that game and both users can click on play game for that week and boom, see the other one in there and go. Instead there are a lot of back and forth issues this release on X1 very frustrating.

Another thing, which I don't know if you can help, but the online CFM site is complete garbage. A whole revamp to that would help a lot. Maybe be able to do tasks such as scouting, drafting, resigning etc. More functionality would be great.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Good idea.

Secondary play is awful. Once Philly recovers from this crazy storm and I get interwebz, I'll put together a video. Baron Kasper let me know if you guys have any thoughts on the next gen stuff.

6. OzoneAz

OzoneAz Walk On

First of all thanks for doing this list Drifterbub. My wishlist item is to PLEASE, bring back defensive assignments. For the life of me I still don't understand why you would take this feature away.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Can you please elaborate more about this? I've played someone who's usered the DT and would dive and I thought it seemed fishy but if it is a glitch I'd like to know about to it bring it up if I see it again.

8. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    It's not really a glitch because the game uses heat seeker in that situation.

It's more of an annoyance

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

• Formation subs would be really handy to be able to setup going into games. I run a 3-4, and it would be really nice to be able to set up a "pass rushing" set out of a couple of 3-4 variances. I know you can do it in game, but something as simple as formation subs should be in there.
    • An ability for commissioners to manually input stats into games. This would solve issues with disconnections, or you could even make sure guys don't get the shaft on sims if you wanted to; where does that apply? Say a guy could play anytime, but the two just never got a chance to play and at the last minute it is determined it has to go to sim. It would be nice if the commish could, essentially, make sure that guy that could have played won. Maybe the second part of this isn't necessary, but commissioners being able to manually enter stats for games would come in quite handy.
    • Basic info on recruits going into the draft-- 40 times, bench press, cone drills or whatever. Maybe have your scouts play a bigger role and they turn in letter grades on say, 25-50 guys at the combine. WR's come back with A-F on things like speed, agility, jumping... RB's vision, speed, strength... just some basic "measureables" that you have 0 clue about if you dont spend scouting points on them. This shouldn't be true as I could go to espn.com as just some guy and find out what WR's in the draft have at least straight line speed.
    Just a couple that would come in handy it seems.

• Like Like x 2
  10. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

• Improvements to the CFM website... including an iOS/Android app... ability to draft via website/app
    • Bring back the league twitter profile... allow the commish admin access for retweets etc... another cool way to interact. Post the damn scores on twitter since the SMS alerts don't work at all anymore
    • XBOX One... fix the CFM head to head game invite process. How terrible.
    • Auto-subs... this needs attention. Fix it or simplify it. Explain what stamina means play to play vs aggregated over the course of the game.
    • Formation subs
    • Playoff Preview with CFM in game/on website... why do i have to create an excel spreadsheet to track this?
    • Make full player card available during FA bidding... what is the players development? His PHY and INT rating?

11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

--During free agency, I dislike being returned to the home screen every time I exit an individual player's informational screen. If I'm looking at a strong safety, why doesn't it just return me to the strong safety screen? Annoying.

--Formation subs.

-- Improve the cold streak/hot streak logic. If I've won 3 games in a row, how the hell does my quarterback ever wind up on a cold streak? Not every team needs 300 yards passing and 3 touchdowns to win.

-- I'd like some type of improvement to scouting. Perhaps an upgrade package that would mirror the combine, giving more detailed measurables. Or a discount on finding that information.

-- More randomness to draft classes. Please.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  12. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Game play issues

- Unlimited hot routes, shouldnt be able to hot route every eligible receive to whatever you want and have no consequence, not realistic. Abilit to change the hot route should be based on awr where if you try to hot route a receiver with low awr, they can run the wrong route

-left stick jiggle, left stick jiggling freezes up the defender, no need to precision run at all, just left stick jiggle and the defender will stop to get the extra yards. happens everytime, should happen to bad defenders, but not not all the time.

-tackling button, i haven't played the nextgen version in awhile, but the tackling button is horrible. You can't direction tackle towards the defender so if a defender catches the ball and he is to the left of the defender, i would like to tackle while direct tackling to the left, the game doesnt allow that and by the time i hit the tackle button who knows what direction the game will make him tackle. THe issue is once you press that tackle button, it doesnt re-direct like in m13 so the offense player regardless will be able to avoid the tackle almost every time for big gains.

I really dont know what heat seeker is still

- lack of slider information, can't ea give us a guide of what the sliders do? or do they not do this so we can sit for hours playing sliders trying to figure out what it does. What i do know is the accuracy rating for qbs doesnt really work, the accuracy is based on the qb slider so you can have a horrid qb and still throw accuractly.

update:

adding a few more things

Curious on how EA determined the amount of funds per team in the game, this came up a couple times where if you pick to be an owner in CFM, your salary cap is restricted to the funds that you use for renovating or other stuff you want to spend on your stadium. So if i had $50 millino in cap space, do renovations and brings down my funds to $25 million, i only have access to $25 million to spend on players. That doesnt seem right. I get how it was structured by EA, but somebody correct me if i am wrong, aren't NFL teams required to use like 90% of their cap or even higher ? Thought i read that somewhere during the previous lockout.

In any case, do away with that, i dont think people want to play fake CFO and having game mechanics screw with the team, it doesnt create realisim because im sure teams have budgets specifically for renovations and have access to capital for payroll when needed.

I haven't experienced this myself, but somebody mentioned they had. When your pending FA rejects an offer during the season, you can't negotiate with them anymore. I get that, but i think the game doesnt allow you to franchise them either? Is this true? if it is, should be fixed, you can franchise whoever you want.

Draft - being able to draft online and pick based on your board if you can't make it, i dont think this is possible anymore. Also, being able to see the ratings from your rookies during the draft in the draft screen. Shouldn't have to dig through menus to find out the ratings whichi s just the ovr rating, the guy is drafted, secret is over. Add drafted players drop down in the draft screen which allows you to see full ratings.

If EA really wants schemes to impact players so that a 4-3 team shouldn't pick a 3-4 player, then the player rating should be impacted when a mismatch happens, meaning not the way overall rating is calculated, but impacting individual ratings. If a player fits a scheme, give them a bump, if they dont, degrade their rating.

Practice mode in the CFM, similar to how you can do practice mode with your new recruits in ncaa 14. We would like to practice with our new rookies in real practice mode. Not the situational practice.

Gang tackling? we are in nextgen yet no gangtackling? These one on one tackling is not realistic, there needs to be gangtackling. Once the ball carrier goes into animation, it becomes canned and no other defender will impact the result.

CFM website - make it simple, less is more. I think we want to be able to manage rosters and also be able to access stats quickly. the old virtual football site that leagues used back in m12 days was simple, can access and sort stats very quickly. The current CFM site, is sluggish and limited.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  13. charter04

charter04 Walk On

1. Sliders need to be fixed. Some sliders don't seem to work all. Others seem backward. Some barely work. Like QB acc. You should see more of a difference as you lower. I don't notice a difference until about 10. Also explanation of the sliders would help.

Fixing that would help a lot. Also penalty sliders need fixed.

2. Have gameplay options like, Casual, Tournament, and Simulation.

It's fine if tournament style players want no penalties, no bad snaps and easy kicking but, we sim players need a real sim option.

3. More info in scouting. In CFM we should know things known by coaches and GM's. 40 time, shuttle, vertical, ect should be known.

4. Have a full coaching staff to hire and fire. They all should bring different things to the team. Like NFL head coach.

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Do you mean playoff predictions? What are you tracking exactly?

15. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

If the season ended today... These are the playoff rankings...

Similar to the NCAA bowl projections screen

• Like Like x 1
  16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Can you grab some video of this? Want to make sure I understand what you are describing.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

Just a few things off the top of my head.

1) Tonight during the NextFL draft I noticed the CPU teams and user teams that were not online were given the full amount of time to make a selection. I believe these should be automatic picks as to not hold things up. Reason being I had to leave the draft early and now people had to wait for those teams time to drain down when it could have been immediate.

2) People have mentioned that usering the DT is largely overpowered. DTs that should not be good are putting up stats are above what they are probably capable of.

3) Upon an INT, I have noticed on occasion the player will turn around facing the wrong direction.

4) Actually make awareness worth something other than boosting overall.

5) I find that screens tend to also be overpowered. I usually can see a screen coming but am helpless to stop it.

6) Fumbles. I don't know if it because I am the Lions (lol) or if fumbles happen way more than they should.

Overall NextFLs stats, as a league, were just about on par with the NFL for 2013. A bit of tweaking and the game could really have potential.

18. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

What is your deadline for input?

19. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Except for INTs

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

And I'm not sure that can be changed. Some INT's are garbage but most are user error.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Really looking to put something together quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  22. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

A couple of items off the top of my head

- When upgrading players in CFM, the option to spend bulk points. Like if I wants to spend 20k XP points to boost a player's AWR as high as possible, it would be much easier to have a functionality where I can do it in bulk. As it stands now, you have to add a point at a time and it takes way longer than it needs to.

- Naming players to the Pro Bowl is broken. I have seen offensive linemen who have literally played one snap all season make it to the Pro Bowl.

I will provide more input as I come up with ideas...

*edit* As I read through the previous posts, a most of what I would have put has already been mentioned, so I had these simple couple that I didn't see mentioned yet.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  23. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

I have a few items to add...

- Deep passing: I don't know if you fix it by tuning deep ball accuracy or the speed in which defenders make up space but I can't count how many times I've thrown a deep ball to a WR that's had at least 2 or 3 steps on the defender only for the defender to somehow make up the space and intercept the ball or knock it down

- 3-4 defense still seems flawed to me. OLB's do not get the pressure they should (maybe i'm doing something wrong)

- The CFM website needs to either get overhauled again or just be thrown out altogether. While it is an improvement from previous years it still lacks many of the functions that we are able to do on the game

• Like Like x 2
  24. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

And This
    And This
    Those are really my biggest issues as well. Formation subs would be huge, because it's very annoying having to switch players in game. Especially if you like to run a 2-back offense. The deep ball passing definitely needs some work. If your WR clearly beats the DB off the line, then it can work. But if you throw a contested ball deep it seems like the DB always makes up the ground and it's an easy pick. Two huge issues, that if fixed, I think would only enhance the gameplay.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

1.) Fix the kick meter. Right now, I have an 55 ovr with 97 kpw and 65 kac and i can hit 60 yarders no problem. Tweak it so accuracy means something.

2.) Love the read option. Need it tweaked so every play doesnt throw off the entire defense.

3.) Someone mentioned it above. Abiltiy to situationally have subs in. I run a hybrid defesne. I usually stay in 3-4 but there are times I want to have 4-3 type DE's to rush the QB.

4.) I think passing is fine. IM not sure how to pass deep but considering others can do it against me, I feel its a user issue.

5.) Fix the punt receiving. I hve seen good returners have the ball bounce right off their helmet. (usually punts that are directed to the sideline.)

WISH LIST - Exporting of CFM teams to use for online play.
    Assign team captains. (this used to be in the game).
    Lobby for the franchise itself that would allow for playing that weeks game or an exhibition game.
    Create a scenario so in the off chance that there is a disconnect, you can recreate it easily.
    Fix any cap related issues or allow commish to reset cap/penalties.
    I offered a player a contract and the game didnt say he accepted. 6 yeear deal. It said interested still, so I applied the franchise tag. So now the player is indicating he needs to be signed.
    (http://daddyleagues.com/omfl25/player/72201)

• Like Like x 2