TT IV Decision 09 (NEW - All members must vote)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MileHigh Hitman, Feb 19, 2009.

?

As a "rebuild a team league" do we..

1. Add only the MWC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Add only the WAC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Add MWC and WAC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Stay as we are now? ( Only CUSA and MAC)

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. TT IV Decision 09 (NEW - All members must vote)

Well this league was voted initially by the owners as a rebuilding league. Some players want to keep their teams and have done well in recruiting and others want different teams so they can connect with their teams. In order to keep the rebuilding theme and not punish those that want to keep their teams I only see 4 options to choose from.

Add the MWC
    Add the WAC
    Add the MWC and WAC (Up to the commish)
    Do nothing and have only the CUSA and MAC

VOTE!!

:biggun:

2. ogode

ogode Guest

Im the biggest Michigan fan this side of the Mississippi, but come-on...be a gamer, live alittle and learn about some team you know nothing about. It will increase your appreciation of college football in general.

Im not one to bitch, but really, if you all are obsessed with San Diego State...play them in your personal dynasty.

This is a better system when we are challenging for conference titles, it means much less if we have 4 conferences.

If you cant handle this then leave... its not like we are at a loss with people that want to join. There are 4 TT leagues and our own website. I like the rules as they are set.

If this is all about someone losing, I was 5-7, then 3-9 last year with TTIII, now Im 7-5.

Its called a challenge. Sorry If your affended, maybe Im just pissed because it takes us 6 days to advance 1 week.

3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

These polls and threads were started because people weren't posting about their teams and some weren't getting their games in.

Not getting games in is inexcusable. Not posting about teams shows that either people didn't have any passion for their current team, or had no passion about the set-up in general. I assume the threads were started in an effort to find out if this was the case.

There's no harm in having a vote, and slamming people with different opinions seems a lot worse to me than having a different opinion.

4. tmac2345

tmac2345 Guest

I voted to keep it as is, but as the new guy on the block i'll go a long with whatever. I just don't understand why people would join a league like this if they do not intend to post on the league site, get your games in and just be involved. I'm not trying to bash anyone, just an honest question.

5. Yep, timing is the key. We started off well and then some members held us up. That's all part of the building blocks of a new online Dynasty. Now we are close to if not already there in getting the members all sorted out.

The next issue is that this is a league to rebuild teams. Everyone was all excited to get started including myself. So I was game to try the MAC or CUSA. Now that we are halfway through and knowing I am here for the long haul I would rather build a MWC or WAC team. I can relate to them more.

This idea does not change the current league at all. It should not affect anyone that I control Air Force instead of UTEP for example.

Anyway all we are trying to do is build a great league. Sorting members, teams etc.. is part of it.

6. Razcalking1978

It's a good question. I imagine some just signed up assuming it was another league just like all the others on Operation Sports. Key thing is, it's the league that has to weed those people out, just like Sanders and Ryno are doing now.

Some people, myself included, likely underestimated just how hard it would be to win with these teams. I've adjusted my expectations, so I'm happy enough now, but others might not be there.

And, like MHH said, to spend time writing up game reports, report on scouting, etc., you have to really like your team. It's easy when you're playing the established teams - they have history, tradition, you've seen them play. So it can be tougher to connect with your team, which is crucial if you're going to spend the time writing them up.

7. It's a fair question. This in my opinion is just what happens with a new online dynasty. I have been involved in a few and at the start of season one, there is always some shuffling of members.

8. For me, I did not underestimate how hard it would be to win but I underestimated how much I would NOT enjoy playing as a CUSA or MAC team. Rebuilding mid major teams is great but there are two conferences out there with teams I actually watch and would enjoy playing.

My underestimation was magnified by my excitement to get in a TF league and wanted to go with the flow.

9. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

hopefully, we will start to advance quicker. most of the people who were not getting their games in or posting are being weeded out.

I understand your pain, it sucks not advancing quicker. In TT II we advanced almost 24 or 48 hours each week.

10. Guys, just a reminder as to why I put this post up. This is not to change the league or change the fact we all are going to have to take our lumps and build up crap teams. This is just to allow some (like me) the ability to use a different mid major. One that I would enjoy more.

Minor tweak to help the league stay strong. Not a major change.

11. ogode

ogode Guest

Milehigh, I didnt rant at you, hope you didnt take it personal... You post.

By no stretch am I perfect on this thing, but when I check 4 days after an advance and we still have 6 guys that are AWOL... it strikes a nerve.

12. No worries. It's the situation. I understand. Like the commish said, the users holding us up are gone now. All any of us want to do is get on and play. No matter the conference decision. Just start throwing some leather.

13. Razcalking1978

It's pretty telling when a grand total of 4 original members and the new guy on the block are the only ones to even put up their contact information.

14. Larsccw

Larsccw Guest

I say keep things the same. We have all the teams in two conferences. I say that we keep all teams in two conferences. I have seen a few owners change teams already.

If it’s all a matter of teams that you would rather have or not, you never going to make everyone happy and it also puts the idea in others heads that once they have a tough go at it in recruiting that you can cut bait and jump to another situation. This just sets a bad precedence IMO.

If this entire push is about general interest so that owners are interested, then I think the entire idea of having a building OD needs to be looked at.

But I’m content with where it’s all at currently.

15. As it looks now 5 votes to stay the same and only 2 for adding the other non bcs conferences. Either way when I get home, if I control AF or UTEP I am excited to play and have the league moving again.

It's ok that you 5 voters are scared to come to Air Force. I would be too.

mewwhahahahahahah:dance nana:

16. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Speaking of Air Force, we played them at our last paintball tournament a few weekends ago and stomped them. We ended up taking 2nd out of 17. Freaking North Texas beat us again.

17. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

I have to know does A&M actually sponsor you guys, or are you guys a club team?

18. Hey you know another optimistic way to read the poll is that 5 people are fine in CUSA and MAC and 2 people want a WAC or MWC team. If we had 3 votes that could fill either conference with users.

*hint hint*

19. HoosierHoo

HoosierHoo Walk On

That's a reassuring statement on the state of the US military when a bunch of rednecks from the Alamo can take out "highly trained" officers.

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    We are a sponsored club team. We don't have the luxeries of say an Air Force or Arkansas team that is pretty much fully funded. We do have the right to use A&M's logo, which in itself is thousands of dollars. We get other aid through the use of facilities and what have you for free. But nothing in the realm of: "here's a check, go play for free."

The alamo is a long way away in San Antonio. Bah, rednecks! I would like to think we have an even blend of people on our team. Of the five starters on our top line (the one of which I'm on) there is two white guys, a Philippino, an Asian-Indian and one of Native American decent. So despite the stereotype of A&M students, we are quite cultured, lol.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Or that five people don't want you to switch teams, lol. How many times have you switched already?

22. chambers03

chambers03 Guest

i dont see why people wanna get different teams, we all knew what we were in for when we decided to do these conferences, so if you dont like the rules deal with it or walk in my opinion

23. Razcalking1978

You know, if the league commishes were saying this, that's fine. But they've started threads asking for our opinions on any possible changes we might like.

So why are people getting their panties in a knot when people give their opinions?

MileHigh is talking about adding another lower tier conference. Not changing the idea of the dynasty. Not changing the rules. So what's the problem with him suggesting a relatively small change? Some of these comments reek of Junior High machismo.

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Like Raz said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

25. Razcalking1978

Yeah, fair enough.

But you know who hasn't voted? The 5 players that don't even care enough to visit the site. People should be happy that other users care enough to want to make the league the best it can be.