TTI: 2015 #2 Purdue @ #1 Penn State 05/14/2009 9:30 pm EST

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by jms493, May 14, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

TTI: 2015 #2 Purdue @ #1 Penn State 05/14/2009 9:30 pm EST

Another Huge game with BSC implications.

Penn State's previous 4 wins over
    #1 Michigan
    #3 Ohio State
    #4 UCLA
    #8 TAMU
    can be erased by #2 Purdue Tonite. Purdue has won the last 2 meetings and looks to basically secure the #1 spot for the rest of the year if they win tonite. Purdue's last obstacle will be Oklahoma State (VaSteel). Spolier anyone???

If Penn State wins they will secure the #1 spot for the rest of the season barring no cpu losses (they will have to play #2/3 UCF in 2 weeks).

Top 5 in the nation
    1. Penn State - jms493
    2. Purdue - Hellisan
    3. UCF (CPU)
    4. UCLA - jfosh
    5. Michigan - Bruce

Penn State is favored by 3.0 because of the home field advantage and Defensive Seniors.

Place your bets!

Catch it on www.justin.tv/jms493

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'll be there, haha

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Huge game.

I don't think I have seen Helli play, so I'll keep my money in my pocket.

Any other TTI guys want to chime in on JMS's line at Penn State -3?

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

IMO -3 at Penn State is a pretty solid line. It's LIKELY going to be a close game, but if it's not, I'd see Penn State running away with it. They have a huge speed advantage their offense vs. my defense, and when I'm on offense we still don't have any real obvious matchup advantages either.... He has an A+ defense so I'll have to play great D and convert any good chances I get on offense into points. I've always had trouble in Happy Valley too. It's a good line.... How my team plays will be huge. sometimes they seem to play a little faster than they are and they play very smart, other times they play sligthly slower than they are and dumb. You never know what you're gonna get.

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

I will go beyond the Forrest Gump analysis here "Forrest Gump: Mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you're gonna get."

Helli is putting himself in the position he is most comfortable with the underdog. The last two years I'm suprised Purdue has won any games. Everyweek my team is slower I don't know what i'm going to do blah blah blah.

Fact is Purdue is National Champ and someone is going to have to take it from him.

A+ defense or not Purdue is stingy with the ball. The Boilermakers have the ability to grind on thier opponents. You know lean on em all fight wear em down and drop a haymaker when you least suspect it.

The game will really be decided by the feet of the Penn St. QB. This guy does not like to stay in the pocket and Purdue knows this I've seen thier scouts at all the games. I remember a 40 yard scramble for a 10 yard gain against Michigan last game. Purdue will be keying on this guy and it could make him uncomfortable in his own house.

Sorry Purdue your the favorite in this one Champs have to have the belt taken from them there will be no going to the cards in this one. Purdue wins by 6.

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I love this. Pre-game hype FTW.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Gameplan........we will do what we have been doing cause its working. Until it doesn't we will stick with plan A. We have practiced plan B and C. We are prepared. Execution will be the deciding factor.

Purdue knows exactly was to expect and should not be shocked by anything.

We do have an "X" factor though..........we need him to come up big!

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL!!!! this had me rolling, it scares me how guys like you and Rhude see right through me. But it's not just the situation I'm "most comfortable" with, it's how I really feel and it's how I play best. I've never played worth a crap when I thought a game was gonna be easy. Know what I mean? Hell even in sports back in the day, anytime I thought to myself, or said, "we're gonna kill these guys" or "they better watch out for us" or anything like that I would play horribly, haha

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I know exactly what you mean Helli.....mental toughness is the most important factor in sports and thinking about anything but what you are supposed to be doing a negative.

I have a coach who helps me with racquetball and it is the hardest thing to improve on. In racquetball the score is irrelevant.....you play every point individually whether you are up 10-0 or losing 0-10. I could go on and on but the minute you think "I am going to win", "I am going to lose", or anything else you are hurting yourself.

Focus is priceless. I admire guys like Mariano Rivera, Eli Manning, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning. These guys let nothing bother them....the know what they have to do and perform. Amazing quality to possess.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

The only exception was Forza. You could have been in front of me on the final lap and I just knew you were going down. I definitely had the feeling of confidence in that game, but not in NCAA at all. It's a different kind of confience in NCAA, but definitely not cockiness.... It's interesting how I never played worth a damn in this game until I stopped playing Forza... But that also coincided pretty closely with my team becoming stacked like everybody else's.

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

unless you were staring at the exhaust pipes of "Nemesis Enforcer" on Mugello Long....

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Forza.....fuck. You knew you were going to pass me........and I knew you were going to pass me. Bad combo for me!

I never used stick........and my cars were never tuned properly. I had a few (s2000) but you were so much better then 90% of us. The one good thing was you made everyone else better.

not sure if I ever laughed and concentrated that hard in a video game. I mean 10 laps of absolute perfection otherwise you were in last.....talk about pressure! Loved those races!

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

CRACK!!!!! *Helli goes into the wall after being rear ended*

Ral: "WE'RE GOOD!!!!!"
    :D

Ryno you were good on that track , for sure. EXpecially if you were in front... No place to pass! Plus I saw what happened when people tried to pass you and a crash ensued, I wanted to have fun not whatever THAT is.

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

But Ryno you were just a good driver period, if you had put more time into the game (HAD more time for the game maybe) you would have been a damn tough guy to beat.

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Was his sig abnormally huge then too?

16. jfosh

jfosh Super

hahahaha