Tuco's Trip to the South

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by tuco418, Nov 28, 2010.

1. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Typing this as I make the 11-hour trek back to South Bend from Mississippi and between texts to JCA, begging him to fill my need at defensive end. As some of you know, I was lucky enough to get a ticket to Friday’s Iron Bowl through my brother-in-law who recently moved to Mississippi.

- I attend college games whenever I get a chance and I’ve seen games at:
    Michigan Michigan State Purdue
    Ohio State Penn State Clemson
    Florida State North Carolina Boston College
    Tennessee LSU Nebraska
    Air Force Washington USC
    West Virginia and of course, Notre Dame
    Bryant-Denny was the loudest stadium I’ve ever been to (Nebraska and Tennessee would be ties for second) and I thought my ears were going to break in the first quarter.

- Stadium is fantastic and a great place to see a game. The only gripe about the stadium was that the concession lines are terribly under-staffed. Also, bama did not win the title in 1973 but feels they should claim it.

-Although some may admonish Bama for playing poorly in the second half, the truth is that Auburn really got some breaks. If Ingram hangs on to the ball after that pass reception or McElroy places that ball better in the flat to Richardson, the game was effectively over.

- Fact: 80% of female Bama fans are blonde (most are hot as shit, too).

- Tide fans are great and hospitable as hell. I went to several tailgates and the hosts were always quick to hand me a drink and offer me a plate. After revealing I was an Irish fan, almost all said they wish ND and bama would get each other back on the schedule, along with mentioning Cornelius Bennet’s famous flattening of irish QB Steve Beurlein. Not once did I see the jerk-off, “likes to fight guy” that is rampant throughout the Big Ten. Along those lines, I asked several bama backers who they thought who were the worst fans in the SEC and LSU was at the top of every list (sorry GSU, I am sure you are cool J)

- While jogging in Mississippi, I saw my first armadillo, albeit dead, on the side of the road. Did not know they hung out down there.

All-in-all, it was a great trip, capped off by the Irish win over USC last night. Special thanks to Gunit, oniowa and JCA for taking care of me in my absence. It’s good to be back and looking forward to 2016.

Side note- For those that don’t know (because most on the road today don’t), when travelling on the interstate, the left lane is for passing those in the right. Once you pass someone, move back to the right lane. Do not hang out if the left lane, doing so causes unnecessary congestion and really pisses off me and others who know how to drive.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

great post tuco. No problem helping take care of your stuff man. Especially to JCA, cause I know he worked hard for your recruiting in the off-season earlier.

I cannot stand those that just drag ass in the fast lane....lol

Bama girls are hot as fuck and you're right, they are all blonde

On another note....F OU

3. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Great stuff tuco. I am glad our fans treated you well and you enjoyed your experience and yes a lot of Bama girls are ridiculously hot. I love Tuscaloosa, not many places like it. I am sorry you had to see a few mental breakdowns by Bama give the game to Auburn but they paid well for this season so I guess it was meant to be. No worries it will all be stripped soon.

Good note on the traffic. I have terrible road rage. Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

well said.....well said

5. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Everyone hates LSU fans especailly those on the SEC WEST side. As we hate them as well but we find ways to get along:)

6. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

God that's a great saying! Should make a shirt out of that.

7. JFunk34

Oh and the '73 Championships is one of those that I don't necessarily think Bama should claim although they did get awarded the NC by the Coaches before the game with Notre Dame which is the reason they changed it until after the season from '74 on. But there are a couple other seasons Bama could have claimed and didn't like '45 and '66. The University claims 13. If you take all the awarded National Championships over time the all-time leaders goes like this: Princeton-28, Yale-27, Notre Dame-21, Alabama-17, USC-17, Oklahoma-16, Michigan-15, Ohio State-14. Technically Bama could claim all of these just like ND could but the Universities claim the ones they want. Bama claims 13 and ND claims 11. I think Bama should claim '66 and '45, both undefeated teams, and drop '73 but I'm not in charge.

8. JFunk34

I'm calling the patent office right now.