Tulane Head coach FIRED!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Extreme Makeover' started by NUCMANDON, Sep 18, 2013.

1. NUCMANDON

NUCMANDON Program Builder

Following a 1-11 season Tulane fires head coach Curtis Johnson.

Tulane hires Head coach Don Wessells (NUCMANDON). Wessells took leave from head coaching job at EMU (BCS Chaos) 2 years ago due to family issues. Since then he has been able to refocus on football and is excited about the opportunity Tulane has given him. Wessells was able to lead EMU to 3 back to back Mac west championships after a 2-9 season.

Tulane athletic director said they are excited to have a coach that has experience building programs. They have plenty of room to get better and expand. Wessells was an understudy of Hokies defense coordinator Bud Foster. Wessells brings high tempo and high pressure defense philosophy (4-3). “There will be a lot of changes in the next year or two here at Tulane. You will be able to see it in the recruits we go after. The first thing I will be charged with is recruiting young men that fit my style of football, and creating the kind of energy I like to see on the field. If you don’t wake up on game day with an erection you don’t need to play for me” said Wessells when asked about any immediate changes. Wessells has a run to set up the pass style of offense with the run balanced(multiple) playbook. You will see the occasional deep pass but it will be more of the short passing routes that sustain drives and destroy the will of the defense.

One thing is sure it will be interesting to see if Wessells still has what it takes after 2 years off.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BigTexas18

BigTexas18 Walk On

I first read "recruiting young men with an erection" and was like uhhhhhhhh...... Haha. Welcome dude

3. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Tulane...just terrible

But good luck!

[​IMG]

4. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.