Tulane Loses Talent, Not Heart

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TJM, Jul 17, 2011.

1. TJM

TJM Walk On

For some reason I uploaded my highlights and they are on my EA page but its not showing up on our dynasty Stories? Maybe it just needs time to update.

Anyways

#5 in the NCAA in rushing, Star Sophy Tulane RB, Orleans Darkwa, who rushed for 238 yards last week went down in the 1st quarter and will be out for 8 weeks with broken ribs. Darkwa went down in the 1st having rushed for 53 yards on 6 rushes.

Backup JR RB, Payten Jason, also went down in the 2nd half with for 2 weeks, after having rushed 24 times for 152 yards and 1 TD.

Backup-Backup True FR RB, Robert Kelly, came into the game and went on to rush 16 times for 83 yards.

"Having Darkwa go down for 8 weeks, after how much we rely on him really hurt us and will continue to hurt. Payten Jason came in and did a great job, but fortune was not on our side today as hes out for 2 weeks now. True Freshman Robert Kelly came in and did a fine job carrying the ball for us. We'll be relying on Kelly for the coming weeks and we will have to burn true freshen Dante Butlers redshirt to have backup presence."

Starting QB Paul Griffin also went down in the game after going 6-15 with 82 yards and 1 TD. Backup D Ponder came into the game and shined for 3 completions, 2 of them TDs, for 106 yards. Griffin is excepted to be back in the game for next week against Duke.

This was one of the sloppiest games I have seen. Numerous times did Tulane receivers slip and fall, even on GO routes, as soon as Tulane QB Paul Griffin went to throw the ball. Big plays on 3rd down being called back for holding, fumbles, and the Tulane defense seemingly mindless let up quick score after quick score.

UAB QB Ellis went on to throw the rock for 25 times for 330 yards on ONLY 11 completions, with 5 of those completions TDs, averaging 30 yards for completion. However, the Tulane defense did come through with 4 INTs, and a fumble recovery for a TD.

Tulane kicked a FG with less than 30 seconds on the clock. UAB hit a big play on their final drive to win or tie it, however falling in the end to a sack to Tulane.

It was another battle of back and forth scoring with only 6 punts in the entire game. Tulane and UAB both scored on a fumble recovery.

Tulane CB Ryan Travis has 2 INTs.

Tulane WR D Banks led the receiving corp for Tulane with 6 receptions, 151 yards, and 2 TDs. Not to be outmatched by Banks, UAB WR had a field day on the poor Tulane pass D reaching 132 yards, 4 receptions, 2 of them TDs.

Tulane is 2-0, both C-USA games, and is heading to Duke next week to face another talented passing game.