Tulsa Golden Hurricane - Jman

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Tulsa Golden Hurricane - Jman

[​IMG]

Playbook:
    Offense - Balanced
    Defense - Multiple D

2. Jman

Just pretend this post isnt even here...

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Offense: Came out in a lot of 3 RB 2 TE sets ran the option really well. He had a couple of pitch's while in the grasp got em off at the right time. Likes the big FB up the middle he gashed me for quite a few 4-6 yard rumbles. When he went I formation he used the PA well but mostly stayed on the ground.

Defense: As a user he is good he takes the right angles and always wraps up and when he gets the horses he will be real tough. He shut down the run with an aggressive front 4 his secondary bit on a couple of PA one big one at the end. He makes up for lack of speed by being aggressive.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Offense: Ran alot of option. Pitches late sometimes but gets them off. Not afraid to take the RB wide, keep with the qb, or use the fb on the triple option. Didn't go deep really, kept everything short to mid range. Was almost automatic on 3rd and long. We had a tough time getting him off the field. All in all ran alot, but mixed it up well, good play calling for the most part.

Defense: Not afraid to gamble. Did very well guessing which way my runs were going and crashing to that side. If you can fool him you can hit for good yards. Blitzed alot until the end when he went into what appeared to be a combo man zone for the final drive. Had good success getting into my backfield on obvious passing downs. My passing game had alot of success in the middle of the field. I suspect entirely due to weak safties not gameplan flaws.

All in all a very solid player not to be taken lightly. Will be a contender with a few recruiting classes.

5. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Offense, OPTION OPTION OPTION. Came out in and ran it early and often. I couldnt get off the field to save my life. Threw only a couple different passes. Kept it as highly accurate as he could.

Defense, for me played alot of zone. Didnt blitz much, and played as the MLB for most of the game.

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Beware the ides of his fullback. My man ran it up the middle a lot. He was 2-2 on 4th and short. Both were scoring drives ugh. His qb is sneaky he had a couple of really good runs. I played his playaction better this year but it is still good. You have to bring your safety's up to stop the run and he hits you with the PA. On D I moved the ball well but he made 2 stops when he had too. He runs 4-3 when you go 2 rb and 3-3-5 when you go 5 wide.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

jman, what is your offensive playbook?

It should go like this ..

playbook: (nothing here)
    offense - ..
    defense - 4-3

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Was able to establish the run. Was able to complete passes, but didnt test his secondary because of the game conditions.

On offense he runs the fleXbox One well. Against me, I think he pitched it more than kept it so be wary of the trailing back. I did go up early and forced him to pass more though, that will probably be your best shot at stopping his offense.

9. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

More option, and to my suprise this game, got to see alot more of his passing game. It wasnt bad either. But he will stay true to his option offense as long as he can.

On defense it was pretty much straight up, with alot of pressure on my QB. Seemed like alot of zone coverage for me, but very steady defense, and very very difficult to break down.

10. Jman

Playbook changed....for now...

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

So what offense are you using? Tulane or West Virginia?

12. Jman

WV, sorry, must've hit cancel instead of post changes....oh, well.

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm really confused by your first and second post.

by balanced, you must mean your style..idk

just post your offensive and defensive playbooks in the first post, and edit it when there is a change. It should always be current, and it is easier this way so future opponents don't have to search through the whole thread.

Playbook:
    Offense - West Virginia
    Defense - 4-3

14. Jman

Just a typo, no biggie, its fixed now.

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Playbook:
    Offense - West Virginia
    Defense - 4-3

-On offense, he mixed in the fullback very nicely, but not too often where you could key in on it.
    -He runs a lot of triple option plays out of I formation.
    -When he is in shotgun he likes to go to the flats, or look for his main man D Johnson (graduating).
    -Also will mix in some QB slot options.
    -Keep with his QB a lot

-On defense he will gamble and blitz all his LBs from time to time. I think he runs man when he does that.
    -He runs a lot of man coverage, and some zone.
    -When I went five wide or it was obvious I was passing, he used the Dime 3-2-6

16. Jman

Due to the breakout season my FR HB Horner is having and with the offensive struggles I've had I will be switching to Air Force's playbook to try out for a bit. Will post any changes before my user game with Akron...the way I see it though is this O coulg be lethal with the combo of Peoples, Beaver, and Horner.

Updated first post to represent this.