Tuning Update 8/1

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by majesty95, Aug 1, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I was just prompted to download a tuner in game. Any ideas on what it addresses?

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The latest #NCAAFootball13 tuner update is now available on the Xbox 360 and PS3. The rate that you earn/lose coach trust points in Road to Glory has been adjusted in the tuner update. The tuner update also addresses the way LBs react to option plays in #NCAAFootball13.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Hell yes... With me being an option guy, i am pleased to see the LB tuned

4. jcbarr

jcbarr Walk On

Anyone have any feedback on how this plays?

5. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

I notice that on option plays when the CB is in a blue zone, he will just slide and not engage to the runner if he isnt being blocked

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That will be fixed in the title update.

7. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Good to hear

8. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

Is the title update addressing the ability to run the ball?

9. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Please elaborate.

10. btbam91

btbam91 Walk On

Like, make it harder? I have had realistic results in running the ball this game.

11. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I'm not sure what he was speaking of, but I can say my problem with the running game is blockers that completely run by the man they should block. FB goes through the hole, and instead of blocking the LB, he runs by him to go after a safety. I've seen O-lineman do this too often as well.

12. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

My favorite is when occassionally the G will turn around and run back into the runner when you are running away from a zone blitz.

• Like Like x 2
  13. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Saw that last night with a WR doing that.

14. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

These two things are annoying but other than that I am running the ball fine.

15. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

That is what I am talking about the guys getting totally un-blocked and plastering my RB's. As the game sits right now all the I-formations are totally useless, you can run the ball on a read option play. But go into an I formation and try to run the ball, you will get totally crushed. I am Va Tech in a dynasty and I have not broke a 100 yds running in a game yet and I have 20-30 carries in various formations. Seriously disappointed in the running game right now. Also are the zone coverages going to be addressed, they are still a little sloppy in covering people in there zones.

16. PAgamer07

Im not having any difficulty and we're on Heisman with a tough set. Yeah the blocking logic can use some work but it's not that horrible. Im also using pro sets as well.

17. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

What is your OD's CPU rush defense on? I'm in the OD with Magoo, and are's is on 75 with CPU tackling at 65 I believe. We've been discussing coming down on rush defense a bit. Trying to see what would be a good number.

18. PAgamer07

19. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

That is easily the highest CPU RD setting I've seen for any sliders in '13...

• Like Like x 1
  20. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

ya, thats insane. if you want the CPU to push ur crap in with rush D at 75, go ahead...but then don't complain that you can't run on the CPU...lol.

• Like Like x 4
  21. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

This was a slider set I used last year and tuned a bit after playing with it this year. However, when I played I was tweaking from my experience. Now that we're in our OD, others can offer feedback. It is a very difficult set, which I like. CPU games aren't easy or guaranteed victories. The problem isn't the slider difficulty though, that just magnifies the problem. In my other OD, we're on 50 or 55 CPU run D, and blockers still run past the guy they should block way too often.

22. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

i see. well, as pagamer above said, we've had no issues really with our sliders. i run pretty well out of the iform. i think passing out of the iform also helps as i pass just as much as i run out of them.

23. Ivozk

Ivozk Walk On

Yeah, passing and using the play action out of the I-form helps a lot. But also utilizing the slide protection. When I run up the middle I usually pinch, or send my line on aggressive and this usually picks up the pesky LB and one of the safeties. When I run to the Outside I slide protect the side Im running to and this usually picks up the LB. This is not a 100% thing, but I find this is the best way to help the linemen pick up the secondary. I feel even with the sliders turned up it is not impossible to run the ball if you just mix up your play calling.

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    When you run the slide protection doesn't do anything.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Ivozk

Ivozk Walk On

Yeah, on the outside run you pull the G and T giving you blockers to the outside or, the G and T will block the same guy producing a whole when aggressive, and when tightened the line with create room up the middle.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012